• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Roll up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Format

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
UK
Hi guys,

Just found this forum and glad I did, loads of great info.

I wonder if there is an e-cig that can come close to smoking a roll up in the UK?

I have smoked liquorice papers and drum tobacco for years, is there an e-cig out there that might even look like one and taste like one?

I am amazed that people are now finding it more satisfying to smoke an e-cig than a reall one 8-o...so this has me hooked now so to speak.

I know this is a shot in the dark but please be gentle to a newby :oops:

If you have any other e-cig recommendations that may be suitable I would really appeciate any help.

Thank you
Format

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hi guys,

Just found this forum and glad I did, loads of great info.

I wonder if there is an e-cig that can come close to smoking a roll up in the UK?

I have smoked liquorice papers and drum tobacco for years, is there an e-cig out there that might even look like one and taste like one?

I am amazed that people are now finding it more satisfying to smoke an e-cig than a reall one 8-o...so this has me hooked now so to speak.

I know this is a shot in the dark but please be gentle to a newby :oops:

If you have any other e-cig recommendations that may be suitable I would really appeciate any help.

Thank you
Format

Hi Format,

Have a look at Morris the Bear's thread for equipment tips. Re taste, I have a feeling you might very well like RY04 e liquid (Ruyan 04 flavour, caramel tones to it) . When I was a RYO smoker I used Old Holborn and liquorice papers and I am fond of adding Ry04 and cherry e liquid to my ordinary tobacco flavour liquid now. Whatever you buy, make sure you can top off the cartridges with liquid - that way you can experiment with different tastes.

There are so many e liquid sellers... so many strengths of e liquid which you can vary depending on your whim or the time of day, and so many flavours, including liquorice...maybe not an all day vape for me, but sounds OK on a cold winter's morning.

ECIS Electronic Cigarette
£4.99 10 ml. Lots of flavours and a lot of them Zero and Low.
Dekang's retail UK arm - see thread
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...id-market.html

http://www.truesmoker.com/
Shipping from US 20$ to rest of world. 10ml $10.99 Lots of flavours.
Mainly 18mg a few 11mg

http://www.ecig-liquid.co.uk/shop/ca...aram=cid%3D%26
30ml = £19.99 All 16 mg 25 flavours inc rose
shipping:
Shipping Ecig liquid/ E-liquids :
1 Bottle £1.75
2 Bottles £2.25
3 Bottles £2.55
4 Bottles £2.80
5 Bottles £3.05
6 Bottles £3.30
7 - 10 Bottles £3.75
11+ Bottles £5.25

http://www.ivapour.co.uk/tobacco-liquid.html
Janty 9 flavours 16mg 10ml £6.75
Shipping minimum £1.28 Free shipping order over £100.MLB Tobacco RY4 Chocolate Polar Mint Virginia Cola Cappuccino Strawberry

E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store
Simon Smokester!
Lots of flavours.
Zero 11 18 36 mg

30ml £17.95
50 ml £27.95
Free P&P

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/

Jason Pillbox38
30ml £19.99. E Liquid Shipping one flat rate.£1.99.
All strengths. Lots of flavours plus unflavoured.

Electronic Cigarettes, Electric Cigarette, E-Cigarettes, E-Cig, E-Liquid

20ml £11.99 P&P £2 I think. Bulk Prices much cheaper.
Rich,Regular, Fresh, Mild, Menthol.
5 strengths Zero to Very High.

http://www.liquidxpress.com/cart.html
California based. DIY mixing. Also some unusual flavours of ordinary E-Liquid.
DIY kit 65$ Ships to UK.

FREDDO - ECF Member. Check out any thread where Freddo is organising bulk orders.

I collected these in May. Prices may have changed since then and there are some newer suppliers, such as Healthcabin, as well as the ones mentioned above in the suppliers' forum.

Happy browsing. Read the DIY e liquid thread too for inspiration.

Hopefully other Uk members will answer your query as well.

Best,

:)

C.

Last edited:

peetee

Apr 23, 2009
The Nut House (UK)
Good evening Format, welcome to the strange world of vaping.

Before I got into this stuff, I smoked Cafe Creme`s, Hamlets and of course Golden Virginia roll ups at quite a rate. Been fed up for years. Then I discovered the 84mm mini cig on the bay and bought one. more of a giggle really, to wind someone up.

But I was struck by the concept and did a little research, bought a "proper" E-Cig and haven't bothered with the tobacco stuff since.

To be honest, I havent found anything that tastes like a real roll up but since I have always had a thing for weird flavor combination's the ejuice flavors suit me just fine.

I find that I mostly use RY04 or Vanilla 18mg but the hardware you use also matters.

Its an acquired thing but it worked for me.

After a lot of looking I bought a Janty Dura auto and I cant see how anything can be much better, but what ever you get, get spares.

Format

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
UK
Wow thank you so much for the quick response:D,

Well I don't know if I have done something silly but I have plunged into buying one already:rolleyes:.... thinking that I would not get a reply for weeks :oops: So have gone ahead and bought off ebay.

(it was the mirage beginners set up with usb charger, got to post more to link it :( )

Hope I have done the right thing! If not it is not going to kill the bank. I have loads of info from your posts and will be reading a lot more, I thank you for that :)
I basically bought the kit due to (Scott I think his name is) the video reviews and found them great, loads of info and unbiased opinions count and he seemed to really like the mirage e-cig and it did not seem to be a bad price too with free p+p.

With regards to the liquids...I can see a lot of experimenting time acoming :)

Thanks
Format

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Hope I have done the right thing!
Well really Format, I'm sure you chose what appealed to you. We all dove in just the same way and plumped for summat when we started. There isn't time to sit and read several hundred posts before getting going.
With regards to the liquids...I can see a lot of experimenting time acoming :)

Ah yes, so much more versatile than smoking - can hardly believe I got through 40 analogs of the same flavour and strength every day for so many years. How DULL of me! 8-o

Best,

C.

15 posts then you can post links - not long now.

Last edited:

Format

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
UK
Aye that's the one,

Hopefully I get the upgraded version to try out but I don't think so (cut off times) :) seems more likely they will try and get rid of the old stock first on ebay but time will tell :p

Caesarea,

You are so right, I love smoking a Backwood vinalla Cigar after a meal and a pipe when I go flyfishing...oh no....there is one for that too :) The different kind of tastes from the same cigarette will be strange and so very welcome.

Take care and once again thank you
Format

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
I'm a roll-up smoker and bought the Evo (M401) - mainly because I thought the black one looked cool :). I'm very happy with it.

I think you're at a slight advantage as a rollup smoker because you're used to fiddling around with more bits and pieces than someone who buys regular cigarettes. An easier transition maybe.

I'd be interested in knowing what the closest thing to Golden Virginia is too. Having said that I'm getting more and more of a taste for the Ecopure Rich tobacco flavour so maybe I'm less bothered these days.

Format

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
UK
Well my E-cig came yesterday and I am very impressed by the whole thing.

Delivery was great, fantastic package and I was amazed at the quality of the thing at such a low price on ebay.

I am gob smacked tbh by the whole e_cig thing, I really do think it is possible to drastically reduce or stop smoking with one of these things, it really is so realistic.
I have only tried before them horrible plastic things that do not vape on long flights and tbh they helped but they were terrible.

I really do not like the taste of the tobacco on these starter packs as somewhere that I read stated that it tastes like burning newspaper and that is now stuck in my mind.

So sorry guys but here come the questions...

The carts are rubbish, thank god they came with mule juice as I can get a cig out of them....I am wanting to try different tastes (vanilla sounds yummy) so do I need to buy blank carts or can I use the carts I already have..... even, can I buy blank carts for the mirage?

Mirage sell the juice at £9.99 for a 10ml bottle where I have seen other makers sell them for the same price but are double the size! Is there a difference on quality?

Do the higher nico ratings give you a harder throat kick?

When you have finished 'vaping' do you disconnect the battery or just leave it in? Just wondering since I can get only about two cigs worth before I get the flashing lights to charge again.

Just to conclude, the reason for me getting the device is two fold really. Firstly at work it is illegal for me to smoke a cig in the car park at work outside or even in my car! or in the vicinity of my work place or else I face disciplinary action.
I get extremely ratty when I cannot have a smoke and cannot think straight either so the e-cig will help so much.

Secondly I am waiting for an operation for which will mean a long stay in hospital and since other people from what I have read from this forum have had no problems I am on to a winner.

To finish the strangest thing happend tonight....as I am typing this I wanted the e-cig even though I don't like the taste that much? what's that all about?

Any info appreciated.

Take care
Format.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
Mirage's price for 10ml juice is too dear :mad: If you want to try small quantities, Janty's are very nice quality (I noticed the difference between their Cappuccino and a generic one), they are available from the following highly-thought-of sellers (who both almost always have very low stocks :():

SmokeJuice - HOME (Tim)
iVapour | Electronic Cigarettes | Janty Stick ? Janty Kissbox ? Janty Dura-C ? Janty Mini Fogger ? Janty E-Liquid & Cartridges (Toby)

or there's the Dutch European HQ but the site's down for a couple of days.

I don't know about an acronyms link, but:

PG = propylene glycol (wot the juice is based on)
VG = vegetable glycerine (wot you can buy in supermarket and use to dilute juices and create thicker vape)

scylla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread