Thumbs up to Breaktru - Nice update to the E-Juice me up calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey There Breakthru!! Just another observation and request. Could you please tell people making recipes to include what vendor the flavoring comes from?? Some have it but a lot do not. So someone using the recipe would not have any idea which vendors flavors were used. Maybe make it part of the calculator (separate column next to the flavor column)???

CV

Yes Chain, I personally use mostly Flavourart except when a particular flavor is not available like coconut. I use Capella's for the coconut.

mikespiked

Jan 14, 2010
Derry, NH
I usually make almost 100% VG juices... the only PG is the flavorings... but I've had a hard time using the calculator when trying to do this. (see the attatched picture) If I input 100% VG for nic base and 100% PG for flavoring, it will still ask me to put in PG to the mix, and if I dont I get an error. I could just be doing something wrong though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• breaktru.jpg
    breaktru.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I usually make almost 100% VG juices... the only PG is the flavorings... but I've had a hard time using the calculator when trying to do this. (see the attatched picture) If I input 100% VG for nic base and 100% PG for flavoring, it will still ask me to put in PG to the mix, and if I dont I get an error. I could just be doing something wrong though. Any help would be much appreciated.

The calculations are correct. A neg PG amount was generated because of the added total of 15% PG in your 2 flavoring.
Put 17.5% PG in the PG result as shown in the Pix below. This is the TRUE result due to the PG in the flavoring.

add_pg.jpg

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX

It does the same for a 100% PG mix as well.

There's 2 problems. For 100% VG you have to set the mix for the flavoring to 100% VG as well. Also, for both 100% PG and 100% VG, you have to set water % to zero.

ETA: posted at same time as Breaktru, so maybe not a problem?

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It does the same for a 100% PG mix as well.

There's 2 problems. For 100% VG you have to set the mix for the flavoring to 100% VG as well. Also, for both 100% PG and 100% VG, you have to set water % to zero.

ETA: posted at same time as Breaktru, so maybe not a problem?

Note: Most top brand Flavoring is 100% PG

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hmm thanks breaktru! I had thought to try and input 15% for the PG because of the flavoring, but I would have never guessed to use 17.5%. Where does the extra 2.5% PG come from?

Not sure that you can equate what you are saying with the adding 17.5% PG to what is really being calculated but if you add up all the "Resulting Recipe" "% of Total" you will see it adds up to 100%.
The calculations are True values.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
See below... getting a similar problem with a 100% PG mix using 5% water. Where's the VG coming from?

ad9038a1.png

Because you are adding 5% in the Water/Vodka/PGA box. 5% is equally deducted from PG (2.5%) and VG (2.5%) Result equally. It's the VG 2.5% that's giving the neg result.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Me too, thanx.;) Lookin for that Lemon Zest recipe now - want to experiment w/lemon organic flav. from my nearby health food store.

I ran out of Lemon and substituted it with FA Lemon Sicly. A little different buy not bad at all.
Let me know how the Lemon Organic turned out Sea.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I did buy the lemon flavoring yesterday a nice 2 fl. oz. bottle for $5.69. I really like the idea of using the flavorganics brand since ingredients on label list: water, organic alcohol, organic orange oil. I was thinking with the alc. already an ingred., would neutralize the oil effect.

When I made the Lemon Zest today, the lemon flav. was a little weak for my preference. My final tweaks for this brand of flav. resulted in 8% Capella's French Vanilla/7% Flavorganics Lemon. End result = this is it for me! I don't think I could ever tire of this - better even than my 60/40 cheesecake/lemon blend. Thank you, Breaktru, another happy dance for Sea, lol.

hiphopdancinggirl.gif

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I received two inquires about Flavoring with NO PG or VG.
Inquire #1 was BlueMist flavoring (no pg or vg)
Inquire #2 was Organic Flavoring

A New Version of eJuice Me Up with a NO PG/VG option for each of the 5 flavorings has just been released.
If you have a previous version, an upgrade will be performed with no loss to you're existing recipes.

What would be a GREAT addition would be the ability to put "0" in the fields for nicotine so that your recipe is for making concentrates, without a warning window popping up every time informing me that I have "0" in the nicotine fields. I most likely am not just diluting a nic liquid, but instead making a concentrate for future nic diluting. :)

Aside from that, I can't think of anything to improve your software... for MY use, anyway. (lol) Love this calculator! It takes all the guesswork out of a project for someone, like me, who was never a math whiz. I finally bit the bullet and got materials to make my own liquids after I found your calculator.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What would be a GREAT addition would be the ability to put "0" in the fields for nicotine so that your recipe is for making concentrates, without a warning window popping up every time informing me that I have "0" in the nicotine fields. I most likely am not just diluting a nic liquid, but instead making a concentrate for future nic diluting. :)

Aside from that, I can't think of anything to improve your software... for MY use, anyway. (lol) Love this calculator! It takes all the guesswork out of a project for someone, like me, who was never a math whiz. I finally bit the bullet and got materials to make my own liquids after I found your calculator.

Thank you Katatawnic,
I'll take the Zero Nic into consideration on the next upgrade.
This is how the eJuice Me Up Calc grew into what it is.... User Input. Very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread