what is in my eliquid its burning my nose and throat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
I recently purchased 3 bottles of eliquid from the same vendor have been buying from for the last few months. Something has changed. Its an all vg tobacco mix that i really like but this time its diffrent. There is something in it that is burning and irritating my throat. Its almost like something was added to create more throat hit except its more like throat burn.

I cant even mix this stuff down with 50 percent more vg its still there! This is horrible i just wasted almost 50 dollars on a liquid i like! I cant put my finger on it but it feels peppery on my throat. Even causing acid reflux.

I emailed the vendor to ask about it but this is just wrong. Anyone have any simiiar experiences?

birdbrains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
New York, NY
I think the questions that vendors usually ask in a situation like this are:

- are you using the exact same equipment as last time you vaped the juice? same voltage going in, same atty/carto
- is the steeping level the same? Juice can definitely have less/more hit right away as opposed to sitting in the bottle for a few months
- is the nicotine level the same

as you said you dropped the nicotine down and added something else to downgrade it further I'm guessing that either you have:

- a bad batch of the juice
- an ingredient is added to the lower nicotine juice that is not present in the higher nicotine juice (to maintain the same taste? no clue if vendors commonly do this)
- something you added to it is making it burn

I do have to say that an intense burning in your nose and the back of your throat from a 100% VG juice that previously had been fine could be your atty? Did you burn it out? Might want to try de-bridging/wicking it. Is it doing the same thing with other juices or is the juice burning your throat using other setups?

Really though it's all about the vendor and what they have to say.

Last edited:

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Same equipment. Tried 3 different attys and a carto. Various ohm ratings. It burns with there 100% liquid. I was adding pure vg to try and get rid of it but it wont go away. The tiny bit of juice i have left of a diffrent vendor tastes fine.

I currently have all three bottles with the caps open airing them out at home. I was hoping if it sits for a few days it might go away.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Yeah. I just thought i would post until i hear back to see opinions on this issue. I was doing a search and found a thread where someone stated that there are vendors that add capsin to there liquid and another person mentioned something about a different ph nicotine base thats cheaper but causes a burning feeling.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
I bought some nicotine base from a vendor that came discolored, had a "dead leaves" smell and a odd "pepper" feeling to it. This vendor frequently does crazy cheap sales (up to 50% off), which leads me to believe that the quality is quite poor. Perhaps your juice vendor recently got some poor quality nicotine base?

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
heliguy, if your equipment, routine and taste buds are the same and you ordered the same flavor, it could be the juice HAS changed. I have seen it happen before and I don't tolerate it. If the juice is being wholesaled and resold, someone in the supply chain could have switched it to squeeze a little more profit. If the vendor changed recipes, they should at least note it as "new". If the vendor is not mixing it right, what else has it done wrong? Either way, it's a quality issue.

This stuff goes in my mouth and lungs, which I switched from analogs to preserve. To me, the "bad batch" and consistency excuses do not suffice. If the juice is "wrong", I expect the vendor to make it right. If they don't, I take my business elsewhere...and I've done just that. My :2c:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I recently purchased 3 bottles of eliquid from the same vendor have been buying from for the last few months. Something has changed. Its an all vg tobacco mix that i really like but this time its diffrent. There is something in it that is burning and irritating my throat. Its almost like something was added to create more throat hit except its more like throat burn.

I cant even mix this stuff down with 50 percent more vg its still there! This is horrible i just wasted almost 50 dollars on a liquid i like! I cant put my finger on it but it feels peppery on my throat. Even causing acid reflux.

I emailed the vendor to ask about it but this is just wrong. Anyone have any simiiar experiences?

All 100% VG juices burned my throat. And pepper is a common additive--I assume to increase throat hit.

You are coming along very well, grasshoppa :)

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
All 100% VG juices burned my throat. And pepper is a common additive--I assume to increase throat hit.

You are coming along very well, grasshoppa :)

Funny, most PG burns my throat, but I find 100% VG from AVE, JC & DK very smooth. Some VG is so thick that it "coats" the inside of my mouth, throat, don't like that.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Heliguy,

They might have gotten a bad batch of nicotine- your supplier. I make my own DIY juice and there's quite a difference in nic juice between suppliers. I've ordered from 4 suppliers in the last yr and they were all VG 48mg-60 mg Nic bases to add stuff to.
The nic from XtremeVaping was outstanding and crystal clear. It had NO flavor at all. Nic from MFS was almost clear and had a extremely mild peppery flavor. The juices made with it were fine though and you couldn't taste the bite once the flavors and more VG were added. Nic from Gourmet Vapor/BoxElder was yellow and harsh and I can't use it. It made me cough and my throat hurt. Nic from VoidMist was neon orange and unvapable. It felt like I was inhaling poison and the throat hit was unbearable. The 2 bad ones- it was SO bad that when I smelled the bottles, my eyes stung and watered from the vapor from the open bottles! So caustic and bad smelling! But the juice from MFS and XV, I can smell those bottles and my eyes don't water or hurt from them.
But the weird thing is, other people on the DIY forums have ordered from those companies and not gotten yellow or orange caustic juice. There seems to be a lot of discrepancy in this business:(
Email your vendor and ask them if they changed their Nic supplier. If they did and are honest, they might give you credit towards another bottle when they get their new Nic concentrate in.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Funny, most PG burns my throat, but I find 100% VG from AVE, JC & DK very smooth. Some VG is so thick that it "coats" the inside of my mouth, throat, don't like that.

Funny too...I don't complain about what I vape. But the OP is complaining. And your are implying there is something wrong with him because he is having trouble with VG.

Try not to justify yourself and do try to be of more help.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Funny too...I don't complain about what I vape. But the OP is complaining. And your are implying there is something wrong with him because he is having trouble with VG.

Try not to justify yourself and do try to be of more help.

Did I upset you? I'm not implying anything, nothing wrong with you or the OP. You gave your experience and I did mine. I'm also not justifying myself to anyone. Neither of us need to justify our own experience. I already gave OP some advice in post #11, which you're welcome to disagree with. :)

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Heliguy,

They might have gotten a bad batch of nicotine- your supplier. I make my own DIY juice and there's quite a difference in nic juice between suppliers. I've ordered from 4 suppliers in the last yr and they were all VG 48mg-60 mg Nic bases to add stuff to.
The nic from XtremeVaping was outstanding and crystal clear. It had NO flavor at all. Nic from MFS was almost clear and had a extremely mild peppery flavor. The juices made with it were fine though and you couldn't taste the bite once the flavors and more VG were added. Nic from Gourmet Vapor/BoxElder was yellow and harsh and I can't use it. It made me cough and my throat hurt. Nic from VoidMist was neon orange and unvapable. It felt like I was inhaling poison and the throat hit was unbearable. The 2 bad ones- it was SO bad that when I smelled the bottles, my eyes stung and watered from the vapor from the open bottles! So caustic and bad smelling! But the juice from MFS and XV, I can smell those bottles and my eyes don't water or hurt from them.
But the weird thing is, other people on the DIY forums have ordered from those companies and not gotten yellow or orange caustic juice. There seems to be a lot of discrepancy in this business:(
Email your vendor and ask them if they changed their Nic supplier. If they did and are honest, they might give you credit towards another bottle when they get their new Nic concentrate in.

This is the part about vaping that bothers me. The inconsistancys in everything. Also, If this was a new liquid that i have never tried i would not be on here complaining. This is a real qc issue. There is seriously something wrong with this stuff. It could be that they changed somthing and im very sensitive to it. I can tell you this..... throat hit does not = severe burning and irritation.... quit a big diffrence in the the muscle contraction i get from pg to the burning in this stuff.

The only reaon i switched to all vg was the pg dries my throat way to much. Have some med problems that cause me to get really dehydrated anyways so its the last thing i need.

Also, im normally a pretty nice, not mad here just trying to get to the bottom of this. There is a reason i havent named the vendor and its because of so many variables.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Thanks for all the responses eveyone! Just playing the waiting game till i hear back. The biggest issue is i have nothing to vape now.... im scared to order anything as i now have way to much juce.... specifically i have about 120ml of stuff...

I think i need to figure out how to make my own diy tobacco. I might start expirimenting with straight vg so im not really waisting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread