Do you think V4L would share a secret? .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
..... well, if it really is a secret! :blush: I know how carefully guarded the ratios, flavors, etc are ..... but, I really need to know if there is any Gluten in the juices / flavorings?

Yikes ... ya really do learn something every day! Through my loooooong trial and error to be able to vape and stay healthy .... I've learned that all along, I've had Celiac's disease. (gluten intolerance) The "funny" thing is, if you are a smoker - you'd never know it. It's about 4 to 6 weeks after you quit, (cigs) that the symptoms rear their ugly head. (ouchies!) I can sorta understand this info not getting out to the public (Smoking cigarettes may actually be beneficial for some people) but geez, knowing this sure would have saved me a lot of time, money, and trips to the biffy! :facepalm:

My last 'light-bulb moment' was knowing I could do fine on Menthol (even with some VG!) and figured out it was something in the flavored carts. So, if I asked really nicely ... pretty please with a cherry carto on top ..... could our lovely folks at V4L tell me what flavors (besides menthol) are gluten free, and would be safe for me to vape? :wub:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Ms. Wintering sorry to hear of your diagnosis, that's a rough one. As for the gluten in the juices, hopefully they can pm you with the info on which ones do and don't contain any. Honestly don't know the answer, but gluten is found in so many items across the board, that it's possible they do.

Thank you waylonjessi and Morandir, sir! {{{hugs}}} Really, Celiac's isn't that bad. I'm just sooooo relieved that this is something I can easily correct. But yep, gluten is everywhere ... even in my vitamins! I was just so happy to find that research by the Mayo Clinic - that smoking cigarettes (must be something in the chemicals, since it's obviously not the nicotine) counteracts the onset of Celiacs.

Hmmmm... this really makes me wonder if this is why so many people fail in their attempts to quit cigarettes. 1 out of 100 people have it, and never know until they try to quit. Then, they feel so horrible, they go back to the evil stinkers. Hmmmm....

Ha, this may be a new target market for V4L - having gluten free vape! (do I get a commission?) ;)

Nana2B

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2011
Boston,NorthShore, Ma.
Wow Wintering sorry to hear of that diagnosis but at least you know now and so many products are now gluten-free to make your life a bit easier. 10 yrs ago my friend's daughter was diagnosed & what a nightmare trying to find gluten-free foods for a 4 year old.

I to think you should contact v4l as this is a health issue. I'm sure they'll share that info....& I like the marketing idea :)

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
"Safe for me to vape" good luck finding any e-cig company that will tell you that. At least without the caveat of "100% safe according to what we currently know" and you certainly won't get anything stating 100% safe in writing, Celiac's or no Celiac's.

The fact is that the V4L staffers might not know the answer and this will have to be a "we'll get back to you" issue. They'll have to check with the manufacturer, who will have to check with the flavoring suppliers, who will have to check all the supplied flavorings, and there are a lot of those. But you could do some sleuthing on your own by contacting Lorrann Oil and Flavourart to pose your question to them. That would at least give you some insight while you are waiting for an answer.

Good luck....

Last edited:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
I have been told in the past that there are no Glutens in e-liquid.

I do not know if this is accurate. I do know that my DIL maintains a Gluten free diet and has had no problem with any of the flavors she has tried.

I am checking with our suppliers to get a definitive answer. This may take some time.

Thank you all so much! Gosh, I feel so silly for all my whining and complaining. First, I thought it was the PG/VG, and then wondered about lactose. (because of the tummy issues) Then, once I figured out that I was fine with Menthol only, my world began to make sense. Yay! I am just so relieved that I've FINALLY figured it out! Ha, I feel like a vaping-sleuth! :)

For the young ones.... {{{Nana's 4 year old friend}}} it's gotta be tough. (huh, no pizza or cookies?) But for me, giving up wheat thins, toast, and beer (along with other misc stuff) is fine. As long as I have my red wine, chocolate, and chrome diamond tip with menthol - I'm a happy camper!

Wade, may I as what flavors your DIL vapes? I know the menthol is fine with me, but the banana had me hugging the ..... well, I'm sure you know what I mean! ;)

I was about to suggest that maybe it's not the vaping at all, but simply the not-smoking. But then I reread and saw what you said (enough times that I shouldn't have missed it) about menthol being fine.

I'm stumped! Every bit of knowledge I'm churning up from the dark recesses of my brain fly in the face of your symptoms. You sure you aren't using some kind of edible-wheat-based-drip-tip-mod? :blink: :lol: I really can't wait to hear what you eventually figure out. You could be a case study for some ambitious doc who wants to get published!

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
Since its a by product of processing wheat and close relatives according to wiki ,i just dont see WHY it would be in ejuice .
@wintering ...the menu at Amicis pizza and i believe CPK also has a gluten free pizza ! Also ,since you are california too ,Target and Trader Joes sells lots of gluten free cake and cookie mixes as well as other foods .:)

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
T

Wade, may I as what flavors your DIL vapes? I know the menthol is fine with me, but the banana had me hugging the ..... well, I'm sure you know what I mean! ;)

Pretty sure she has vaped Grape, Doc Pepper, & Red Energy....but she isn't a very heavy vapor, so it may be quantity. Also note that these flavors are all Premium/CoolCart so maybe that is a factor.

Last edited:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi Kris, and thanks! Gosh, you're a much smarter soul that I. :) It took me 3 months of .... er, um .... well, we won't go there, to figure out that it had something to do with smoking cessation - and not the e-cigs!

Hmmmmm.... now ya got me wondering .... what in the beegeebers the V4L drip tips made out of? Maybe I should go back to the standard white caps. (eeks, unless they're made from something wheat-y!)

And hey, if you know any Doc's itching to get published - I'm your gal! :)

I was about to suggest that maybe it's not the vaping at all, but simply the not-smoking. But then I reread and saw what you said (enough times that I shouldn't have missed it) about menthol being fine.

I'm stumped! Every bit of knowledge I'm churning up from the dark recesses of my brain fly in the face of your symptoms. You sure you aren't using some kind of edible-wheat-based-drip-tip-mod? :blink: :lol: I really can't wait to hear what you eventually figure out. You could be a case study for some ambitious doc who wants to get published!

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi waylonjessi .... thanks! I just got back from a trip to Raley's - and YUM.... I found De'lish wasabi rice chips! I will survive! :)

Since its a by product of processing wheat and close relatives according to wiki ,i just dont see WHY it would be in ejuice .
@wintering ...the menu at Amicis pizza and i believe CPK also has a gluten free pizza ! Also ,since you are california too ,Target and Trader Joes sells lots of gluten free cake and cookie mixes as well as other foods .:)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi Wade, and thanks! By a process of elimination, I found the menthol coolcarts were fine with me. It was the vanilla and waffle that sent me into urpy-land! Me'thinks a Grape order is in my future!

Pretty sure she has vaped Grape, Doc Pepper, & Red Energy....but she isn't a very heavy vapor, so it may be quantity. Also note that these flavors are all Premium/CoolCart so maybe that is a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread