How Long Does it Take to Repair Your Taste Buds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
I've been vaping almost two months now and I finally found some juices that I love. Mainly Boba's Bounty, Line Rider, Bounty Hunter and Gorilla juice. For the past 3 days flavors have been just bland bland bland tasting. I've read about drinking lots of water and brushing your teeth etc so I've been doing all that. This is just a nightmare :( How long can this last? And yes I've changed up cartos and atty's so I'm pretty certain it's me and not the equipment.

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
I have been vaping about 2 1/2 months and find some days I can't taste very much at all. For some strange reason if I vape some peppermint or Apple it seems to kick start my tastebuds and I can taste the rest of them. Also at the end of the day I find my taste is diminished. Don't know what type of PV you are using but I get a lot more flavor from the Boge 2.0 carts than anything else I have used. I love them so much I only use attys to sample new ones and check on steeping ones. Even the DCC don't taste as good as a Boge 2.0 to me. I have some CE2 fluxomizers on order to compare as I would like to get away from the filler material.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
took me about a month... same with smell.

fyi, it also could be the PV you're using.

i thought that too but I'm alternating two Ego batteries so unless they both starting screwing up at the same time...i don't know. if i alternate flavors...like say I switch to my Boba's filled cartomizer, my first vape will have decent flavor but every subsequent one won't.

oh and i am indeed using boge 2.0 cartos. and some ego dual coil mega cartos as well. and i have a 306 LR atty, a 510 LR and a 510 Standard atty. No luck on any of em. I resorted to debridging a couple last nite it helped a tiny bit but not very much. i know alot of people go through this i just hope its a one time thing because this sucks :(

Last edited:

Clinton350

Jun 23, 2011
Ocean Springs, MS
I've been vaping for about 3 months now and have the same problem to a lesser degree. The first juice I found that I absolutely loved was Ikenvape RY4. It was great for about a week and then I lost the ability to taste it at all. I tried all the things recommended here and nothing really helped much. So I started ordering samples and found Vermillian River Kentucky Premium. This flavor was great also. It was very fragrant and rich tasting. Now I find my ability to taste this is also much reduced. I can smell both flavors just like I remember when I first tried them but they don't taste near as strong as the first week with them.

All I know to do at this point is try some different flavors.

Clinton350

Jun 23, 2011
Ocean Springs, MS
In my case I'm not sure I believe it was/is a case of "taste buds not working". Although I could barely taste RY4, I had no problem tasting other flavors. If my taste buds were not working I would think every flavor would be muted. Instead I believe by vaping just one juice I had made myself numb to that juice. Now I'm vaping two different juices and the flavor has come back to about half of what it was originally.

I think if I can extend my selection to four or five different flavors and rotate them my problems will be gone. The problem is finding more flavors I actually like. Guess I'm picky like that.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also found vaqping the same thing all the time looses flavor so I switch between 3 and 4 different flavors through out the day.

That's been my experience, too, bryansthl. It's very easy to deaden taste-buds and your olfactory sense to particular flavors.

I've also found it helps to change the flavors lineup every time I change all my cartos at once (about once per week). There are about five flavors that could be an "all day vape." I've also found another 20 or so which I really like. So I'll rotate all of them. That way, I'll vape any particular flavor for a week, then give it about four weeks' rest. When I come back to it a month later, it's like a brand-new vapor.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
In my case I'm not sure I believe it was/is a case of "taste buds not working". Although I could barely taste RY4, I had no problem tasting other flavors. If my taste buds were not working I would think every flavor would be muted. Instead I believe by vaping just one juice I had made myself numb to that juice. Now I'm vaping two different juices and the flavor has come back to about half of what it was originally.

I think if I can extend my selection to four or five different flavors and rotate them my problems will be gone. The problem is finding more flavors I actually like. Guess I'm picky like that.

I am vaping 5 flavors, all muted once the buds malfunction. There are different taste cells for the 5 basic flavors and you may still taste something pending which cells are still working, maybe only tasting part of the mosaic. Nature has ways of counteracting too much of a good thing. :)

Last edited:

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
No it comes and go. The first time it happened it was a flavor I bought 250ml of. It lasted about a week. The seconed time it happened for about four days. It just happened again for about two days. What your drinking if you drink a lot of soda can also affect it. Just got to vape through it. Sometimes switching flavors helps but sometimes not so much. It sucks but it beats smoking.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
No it comes and go. The first time it happened it was a flavor I bought 250ml of. It lasted about a week. The seconed time it happened for about four days. It just happened again for about two days. What your drinking if you drink a lot of soda can also affect it. Just got to vape through it. Sometimes switching flavors helps but sometimes not so much. It sucks but it beats smoking.

drinking alot of soda good or bad?

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
drinking alot of soda good or bad?

Popular, sweetened sodas are nothing but corn syrup water, used to be sugar, some also corrosive and bad for teeth and body. Diet sodas are sweetened with man-made substance...it tastes like sugar but it's not sugar. I don't trust those either. I drank a lot of sodas when younger, not anymore.

Taste loss happens within and without vaping. Eating raw garlic or strong tasting foods messes with it for example, though for different reasons. Taste buds are just one type of cells in the body like muscles. If you over exercise, muscles gets sore and must rest. These are individual cells that don't necessarily die and come back together, so no fixed time for repair. Meanwhile, we don't stop vaping and continue to tax them. The same thing happened to me with analogs, too much and the taste is gone. I'd say our tongues are not used to the constant exercise of strong flavors all day. Nature's limits as I said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread