untitledshoot-4429-1.jpg

GPR

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
Thanks Everyone! :)
Kris, be my guest! As long as you leave the copyright credits! :)
Lisa, Yes, the second photo was taken much later in the morning....about 1 hour and a half later. The first photo was at 5:15 a.m. or just a few minutes after. :)

I shake a fist of rage at you GPR sir
:) I get that a lot my friend! :) I also get called a lot of names, some not so nice! ;) :) :D It's getting crowded on the river near my boat. Everyone sees me out there every day and anchored in the same spot, so they know I'm catching fish. :) So, they move in as close as possiblr to see if they can catch what I have missed. :) They also try to beat me to my spot, but I'm already anchored in by the time they get up and head out to fish. :) Most of the time I launch my boat well before day break and put down to the hole while using a spot light to see. :)

GPR

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
good for you gpaw ! Is it locals or tourists following you ? I live near the ocean and the color changes daily ....always different up here and very different from so cal beaches where i'm from .
I cannot wait for our tourists to go away lol

Waylon,
The locals that know how to fish the river don't need to follow me, they already know where the holes are. The Newbies and the tourist fishermen are the ones that follow us experienced fishermen to learn as much as they can without putting the time, energy and work into the sport.
I have fished a 3 mile stretch of the river for 42 years now, so I pretty much know the holes. Every year they change a little bit, so I am always learning their little changes. It doesn't kill me to show people, as long as they are courteous and don't horn right in on my favorite spots or try to crowd me out. Sometimes I'll sit in one spot for up to 12 hours just playing Catch and Release. :) I have had days where I hooked and released up to 96 salmon before I got tired and decided to keep my 4 fish limit and go home. :) (you might say I'm a Fishin' Nut! ;) :) :D )

GPR

grandpawrichard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Burlington, Washington
The water is too smooth. I need to take a PWC and chop it up a little /wink

as soon as all the boats with the "Wanna-Be" Fishermen get there the water gets pretty well chopped up! A "Wanna-Be" fishermen is one that has to fire up his big 200 hp motor and roar up river for 5 to 10 minutes, then down river for 5 to 10 minutes and then vice-a-versa. All the time he is doing that he is passing up so many great fishing holes it is pathetic! Besides that, his wakes are annoying as hell and make it rough for us experienced fishermen to fish our holes properly! :(

By the time I have caught my 4 salmon limit and headed back to the launch to go home the "Wanna-Be" has used up a tank of gas and maybe got 1 fish in the boat before he has to go home. It has been costing me a grand total of 2 gallons of gas a week to bring home my 76 fish of my limit, my wife's limit every dy this week and the limits for every person I have taken out in the boat with me. :) (the last 2 days we had 4 people in the boat and we all limited out! :) )

GPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread