Duals and triples are grose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
An almost new dual coil with a hole burnt thru and very dark burnt tasting triple coil. Took apart the triple and all the diapers were burnt and into the matting. Dry burned the triple and put the washed diapers back on and reassembled. Works great again but the burning has me grossed out, it can't be good. Going back to dripping and clearos. Somebody please come up with a diaper that won't burn, because they do produce a lot of vapor. Please don't come back telling me to keep them wet, I have been vaping for almost three years and they burn wet. I dripped into a three coil after every five puffs and after two days took it apart and the diapers were burnt. I never used the single coil cartomizar but imagine it goes the same. Will try new diaper material and if I find something will post in mods.
:mad:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
What type of juice were you using in this? A light colored pg based juice that is light on the sweeteners should help the cartos last longer. I have had the best luck by vaping vg in attys and pg in cartos.

The problem isn't that they don't last, the coils are all fine and after using still ohms at 1.6/1.8, what bothers me is inhaling fumes from the burning diaper and filler.

QBass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
spooning the Trinity River in Texas
That is confounding. I've been using one of my triples that meters at 1.7 ohms for about 2 weeks @ 6 volts (metered 7.4v fresh unloaded batts) with 80/20 e-liquid with no burnt diaper problems so far. I can't imagine what's causing yours to burn like this... perhaps bad batches. That would be an horrible coincidence getting both duals and triples with bad fillers, though.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Have you taken it apart? I didn't know they were burning until I took them apart.
That is confounding. I've been using one of my triples that meters at 1.7 ohms for about 2 weeks @ 6 volts (metered 7.4v fresh unloaded batts) with 80/20 e-liquid with no burnt diaper problems so far. I can't imagine what's causing yours to burn like this... perhaps bad batches. That would be an horrible coincidence getting both duals and triples with bad fillers, though.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Has nothing to do with juice. I am now doing one with 100% pg and another with 100% vg, in a couple of days I will take them apart, some friends bought me 2 duals and six triple that are getting hot and not vaping good. When I took them apart in front of them, they were all burnt similar to my pictures. I would like to hear from people who do not experience burning but only those who have opened them and checked the diapers. That is the only way to know.
bad juice is bad.

QBass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
spooning the Trinity River in Texas
Have you taken it apart? I didn't know they were burning until I took them apart.

Your triple coil wasn't burnt tasting? I haven't taken it apart, as these I have are steel tube. The single coils I used in the past were quite obvious from the taste when they burned. I will definitely take this apart when the draw or flavor falls off.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

Different suppliers. It is not so much the filler, it is the diaper they wrap around the coils, these are in contact with the coils and they burn, I am going to try some silica mesh as a diaper. Between mine and my friends that I took apart there were at least three suppliers.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Your triple coil wasn't burnt tasting? I haven't taken it apart, as these I have are steel tube. The single coils I used in the past were quite obvious from the taste when they burned. I will definitely take this apart when the draw or flavor falls off.

It was not so much tasting burnt as reduced vapor and the very dark staining of my juice, in the first picture both have the same juice you can see how dark it is in the triple after three refills. I am still vaping the triple after taking it apart twice and cleaning, refolding the diapers. The diapers all have several burn holes now, but the coils seem to really last. After cleaning and dry burning the coils the vape like new again. The triple is two weeks old and it is now very dark again, tomorrow I will take it apart for the third time and I will take pictures again. Maybe steel tube is better, we can't see what is going into our lungs.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have been using dual coils for about 3 months and have yet to have any of them burn. I use them on my Buzz at 4.2V and they are all that I use. Sorry that they didn't work out for you because they are the most amazing carto that I have used to date.

Oh and let me add that hubby has been using them just as long so we have been through quite a few :)

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have been using dual coils for about 3 months and have yet to have any of them burn. I use them on my Buzz at 4.2V and they are all that I use. Sorry that they didn't work out for you because they are the most amazing carto that I have used to date.

Oh and let me add that hubby has been using them just as long so we have been through quite a few :)
You two are a rarity in my humble opinion. I have NEVER seen a carto with a diaper and wicking material that did not burn the diaper. I don't care if its a single coil or 3 coils. They ALL burn, some take longer to burn than others, but they all burn eventually, and anyone that says they don't have a burning problem, has not taken one completely apart, when they quit working right. Some juices will burn quicker than others, but e-juice is not the real problem, it is the diaper material. I agree with ( BJ43 ) completely, with the clear ones you see it sooner because you can see it, the metal ones does the same things, you just can't see it unless you tear it down and look. Cleaning these carto's will not help the burning it just cleans out the old yucky juice and cleans the coils a very little, but not like a new one. You can take one apart that is still working OK, and it will not look as bad, but why would you, if its still working good?? This is just my opinion.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

Have you opened them and checked? I have now opened 17 duals and 12 triple and they all had burnt diapers.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
You two are a rarity in my humble opinion. I have NEVER seen a carto with a diaper and wicking material that did not burn the diaper. I don't care if its a single coil or 3 coils. They ALL burn, some take longer to burn than others, but they all burn eventually, and anyone that says they don't have a burning problem, has not taken one completely apart, when they quit working right. Some juices will burn quicker than others, but e-juice is not the real problem, it is the diaper material. I agree with ( BJ43 ) completely, with the clear ones you see it sooner because you can see it, the metal ones does the same things, you just can't see it unless you tear it down and look. Cleaning these carto's will not help the burning it just cleans out the old yucky juice and cleans the coils a very little, but not like a new one. You can take one apart that is still working OK, and it will not look as bad, but why would you, if its still working good?? This is just my opinion.

Thanks wyojoe, thought I was going crazy........ By the way the reason I take them apart to clean is when the vapor decreases and by taking off the filling and diapers I can dry burn the coils and they work much better for a few days.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Different suppliers.

???? SmokTech is the only company that I know of besides Ikenvape.

Ikenvape makes them but I believe by their design. Isaac doesn't actually assemble them but he has a company do it for him with his supplies that he orders. At least that's the word on his.

Sounds like you got a bad batch that wasn't put together properly and causing them to overheat. You just gotta love China's QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread