Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
First impressions
I purchased these atties sight unseen to conduct a review. My comments can be found in the BETA thread. Although previously commented on, since the intent was to conduct a review here we go. I purchased 5 LRs and 5 HV. They metered as follows:
  • 2 x 1.8;
  • 2 x 2;
  • 1 x 1.9;
  • 3 x 3.7; and
  • 2 x 3.6
Having read previous comments I blew the primer from mine. There was no primer in the tissue. I placed one on the P18 equipped with a AW 18650 2600mAh battery, it metered at 2Ohm. Dripped 3 drops and vapes away.

Image.jpg

Yuck!

Cons
The same taste others have referred to as "soapy" / "perfumy" to me a faint taste of what a moth ball would taste like from the smell, although the atty doesn't smell. This is surprising as normally I do not have to blow out primer or anything. All my atties have always performed well fresh out of the box.

So I blew the atty out after having dripped about 8-10 drops in it. I let it saturate and blew it out. Added to more drops and took another drag. Better but still present. I dropped straight VG on it, allowed it to soak in and blew that out. Tried vaping a couple of drops of VG, the taste is dissipating but it is still there. Long and short, it took a good 8 hrs to get rid of the soapy taste. This is what folks may say it takes a day or so to properly break in. It may be the case with this particular atty, but it is definitely not the norm.

As expected they are juice hogs :)

The drip tip's hole does cause liquid to hang up, my solution was to taper the hole with a #2 tapered reamer. Nothing hangs any more. For those who do not have a tapered reamer drilling the hole larger will do the same job.

The atty can not be vaped on an eGo with cone unless you modify the cone.

Pros
Outside of the yucky taste, this atty perform quite well, delivering plumes of vapour and a decent throat it. The vapour is definitely cooler than a std 306, but that is fine with me.

This atty has brought my P18 out of a 6 month retirement :)

This puppy runs relatively cool for the vapour it produces. The length of the DT places the lips at the proper distance from the coil IMO.

This atty runs great on the 7mm Rem. Mag. That is why I ordered them. AAMOF it runs better than the 1.5 JoyE LR presently fitted on the unit, fired by an AW IMR 14500 batt.

I have had no leaks to date.

The flavour is still developing but to date not as crisp as a std 306.

Conclusion
I was in a video conference with Isaac when he received these and just knew I had to have 'em (re my purchase). I had a plan for them and have not been dis-appointed with my purchase. I wanted the 7mm to be special and it will be. Fret not, I am designing the 7mm around the 510 atty but will make drip tips available for purchase to folks willing to vape the IO6.

Outside of the foul taste, this atty is a winner in my books. The primer if used should be discontinued and if no primer is used than the source of the soapy taste should be investigated and subsequently rectified.

For some unknown reason, it doesn't vape well on Atavanhalen's P16. This could be an isolated incident as they all have an extremely smooth draw on my unit. Hence why I decided to bring the unit out of retirement for these tests. We are both perplexed over this because the P in P16 & 18 stands for Precise.

I will post more in days to come but for the time being 1 thumb, get rid of the yucky taste = :thumbs:

Follow up
A week in and both continue to perform as expected. Outside of the reported leak from the BBQ, the HV has not leaked since. I believe the relative humidity, my state of slight inebriation and over dripping culminated with the results found the following day. These atties do get warm and vaping them with a cone although extremely pleasurable, lead to moisture accumulation between the cone and the atty. The latter is magnified with high relative humidity.

Outside of the "taste" (when new) that some taste and others do not, I love this atty. It makes me believe that folks that have not experienced the "taste" might be vaping liquid that masks it. Having tried several concoctions in mine (outside of menthol) I could taste it until it wore off. IMO it is even better than the 801 shorty which is saying allot. I am not sure what Isaac was trying to achieve when he developed this through his engineers but he nailed it.

Both atties (LR & HV) require but 3 drops to prime, and is topped off with 3 drops as required. Considering that I am getting 18-20 pulls (YMMV) before refreshing, this atty is a pleasure to vape and mimics smoking to a T. When the sessions comes to an end (requires refreshing) you simply let it cool off and re-drip. Your PV is now ready for the next session. Although I do not endorse dripping and driving, this atty can work well while traveling about the city.

For my friend Mr Mustache, I believe the HV will suit him just fine :) This atty ain't salad ;)

thumbsup.jpg

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Great review switched, you calls em like you sees em. No salad indeed.

I am really becoming spoiled by this atomizer, it just works so awesome. The I06 suits my vaping needs perfectly - cool vapor with great taste and immense clouds is exactly what im looking for. Now if there was only a cooling system that could be used so I don't have to use multiple devices.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Good review Switched. I have been using mine since the day I got it and It is my favorite at this time. I didnt have the soapy taste with mine, thank goodness but this atty is performing great.. Good flavor and TH and no leaks. I hope to get some more soon. Hope Issac gets more in quickly.. :)

Oh, he's got 'em :) He only did an early release of 100 ea to accommodate folks

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
i bought some of these second-hand, but didn't realize the od was larger. any suggestions for putting a drip tip together for these?
first thought is to cut the orange sleeve down, and slip a 510 dt in there. ugly, but may work.

Joker, you can just drill the stock tip and make a hole in the center of the filter like tip they come with, say 1/4" hole if your in a jamb and it will work fine till you get the one from Isac that fits, can also make the sleeve and use a 510 if need be

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
i bought some of these second-hand, but didn't realize the od was larger. any suggestions for putting a drip tip together for these?
first thought is to cut the orange sleeve down, and slip a 510 dt in there. ugly, but may work.

thanks mw, guess I'll try both.

Isaac has the Dtips on his site.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I got the little bit of the soapy taste from the HV's but not from the LR's note: the taste went away on the HV's as they broke in, both going strong! 22nd day on LR I06 and still working the same as the day I started with it.

I think its hit and miss. My HV had a milder less enduring soapy taste. The one that had a soapy taste (LR) did not have primer in it (as expected). My 2nd LR had a crap load of primer in it but no soapy taste. Go figure :rolleyes: I am still using my original LR just started another one with a different flavour.

BTW just like 306s these swap out flavour pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread