Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
As I was trying to figure out what kind of mod I would like, I realized that any mod I get will need a battery charger, and that since I might buy more than one mod, or want to use more than one kind of battery for any reason, I would want one good battery charger that would handle essentially anything.

Also, apparently battery length varies, usually because protected batteries need a little more room. So I want to be sure to get a charger that can deal with that.

Some battery types I would want to be sure it could charge since they seem to be popular.

18650 batteries.
16340 batteries.
15270 batteries.
14500 batteries.
10440 batteries.
rcr123a batteries.
others?

The battery charger that sounds like the best is the one sold with the Provari.
Best Rechargeable Battery Chargers: Pila Battery Charger & Pila Charger

Is there anything wrong with that one? Anything better? Anything comparable but cheaper?

Just looking for opinions from those of you who have experience. I don't know anything about that sort of thing other than what I've recently read. I heard something about spacers, and I don't know if I'll need them, or if that's something I should plan to order separate. Being able to safely leave batteries in the charger when I'm asleep or away from home would be nice, and I don't think all chargers can handle that.

And while I'm asking, what's considered the best battery combo for a VV or higher voltage system? Looking for long "away from home" times before needing to swap batteries and such. Should ability to use the "best batteries" figure into what mod I should consider?

Last edited:

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
I think thats the best one on the market right now I believe it comes with the spacers also.I am gonna buy one for my Provari batteries this week. I just like the fact that it can be left on if you forget about it for awhile.Waiting to see if the still have them for $40 at provapes they did for awhile but Im not sure anymore b4 I order mine I asked in there thread so I will know Monday.

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I do think there is more to a good charger than just "will it charge them", like the ability to leave them hooked up without worrying about safety. And I don't want to get a multimeter and double check everything, I just want a good charger I can trust and that will work with a variety of batteries.

The Buzz Pro VV mod says it uses 16340 batteries.
Buzz Pro

But then this page suggests something else.
ICR123A 3.7v Battery SET for the Buzz - notcigs.com

The Buzz Pro is fairly high on my "what should I get next" list. No matter what I get, though, it will need batteries and a charger.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
I do think there is more to a good charger than just "will it charge them", like the ability to leave them hooked up without worrying about safety. And I don't want to get a multimeter and double check everything, I just want a good charger I can trust and that will work with a variety of batteries.

The Buzz Pro VV mod says it uses 16340 batteries.
Buzz Pro

But then this page suggests something else.
ICR123A 3.7v Battery SET for the Buzz - notcigs.com

The Buzz Pro is fairly high on my "what should I get next" list. No matter what I get, though, it will need batteries and a charger.

It looks like those batteries are for the regular buzz and not the buzz pro? For $20 more you could get the Provari with the VV.The buzz pro is $139. and the Provari is $159. not trying to lean you in any way I was thinking of the buzz pro but when I saw they had the Provari VV for $20 more I thought hell I cant go wrong.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
When I start looking at the Provari, I want the black chrome, and I want the 18650 extension, and by the time I'm done, the price has jumped way up there. That makes me think "Get a Buzz Pro first, and later, get a Provari".

I'm not sure I want an LED thing on one I take out to a bar and such. I'd like it around the house. So right now I'm leaning towards a Buzz Pro first, then a Provari later.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
I understand they do get up there in price fast. I dont think u can go wrong with the charger thou.Im gonna order one next week.I do know that NO company can sell them for less than $45 Pila has it set up that way somehow? Heres a link to there site if you want to order it straight form them?

Pila Flashlights

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
PILA charger is THE BEST. hands down.
cheap chargers are bad for batteries and charging overnight is never suggested. thats what makes pila the best. it'll trickle charge the batteries to keep them at max voltage without over charging them. i cant say the same for any other charger.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
I have two Ultra Fire wr-188's and a Trust Fire tr- 001. They work great and yes, when fully charged they cut to trickle. I have left batts on for 2 days with no apparent problems. I have 8 sets of batts that are 6 to 9 months old. I am sure the Pila is better, although for the $$$ difference, I can get a bunch more batts and they all will die eventually no matter how well we take care of them.

My 2¢ ~

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
The Ultrafire WF-188 charges any size batt on the market without using spacers, it is also switchable from 3.2 to 3.7 volts and 300mAH to 650mAH charging rate. Add on top of that it's a smart charger and in my opinion it's a better charger than the Pila because it can handle any batt and not just certain sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread