Scent of an E-Cig (Does Vaping Smell/Leave An Odor?)

Does Vaping Leave An Odor In The Room?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes (depends on the juice or other circumstance)

• Other (whatever that means)

• Don't know; can't smell either.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Okay - I'm new to vaping (July 2011) - smoked for many years so my sense of smell may still be 'off.' I know I can definitely smell an analog a mile away now.

Pardon me if this has been asked/answered a lot, but 'odor' didn't return many results in searching - my question/poll is (because I'm not sure I can tell):

Does vaping leave an odor in the room (car, office, friend's home, etc)?

**Comments/personal experiences welcome - not a scientific poll.

My own opinion is "no" it doesn't seem to; I don't seem to smell it in my car nor in my condo (not really) - maybe some juices I've yet to try do/will (which is everything except the 3 I've tried).

Last edited:

Deathsnuggle

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
San Jose Ca
Not from my experience, only smells I find that linger are from having
a lot of juice on my desk, my room smells like the fluids, but nothing has ever clung on from vaping, even if it
Did I often hear my vapor smells like candy, even my tobaccos. So I doubt you have anything to worry about
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I haves a very poor since of taste and smell - thus I tend to mix flavors extra strong. I have had many friends complain about some of my flavors, especially a strong vanilla flavor I like and have told me it tends to linger for awhile. No one has ever been able to detect any smell when I was vaping unflavored though (which is what i vape at work). So, I would say, it depends on the flavor and strength.

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
I've only been at this for ~11 days, but the only one my husband has smelled was called Toasted Marshmallow. He asked me if I'd burned something in the bathroom.
lol... I hope this is because you were vaping in the bathroom - otherwise am putting Toasted Marshmallow on my do-not-try list.. :p

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Good to know - so far it sounds like; if you/we were vaping somewhere (pick a place) it wouldn't really cause an odor problem - at least not for very long (if it did).

I do get the comment about the actual juice odor (the liquid that might leak/spill etc); hadn't thought about that. (Not that it's offensive in any way.)

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I voted sometimes, if it is a really strong scented juice it can linger a bit....I Imagine if someone was using one like that constantly and they were chain vaping, maybe it could leave a more lasting odor.....

Some juices I have are definitely stronger ones, others I am told by the people around me, that they can't smell them at all...

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My wife is an ex-smoker and thus a better judge of room note than I.

She very much likes most of the flavors I vape and says they don't linger. She says, though, the MadVapes' root beer makes her want to pop up a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

The only one she really doesn't like is Johnson Creek's Valencia: she says it smells like I've been blowtorching tangerine peels along with chicken feathers in an old rubber boot. (I very much enjoy it — just not around her!)

What she has really serious problems with is the heavy English- or Balkan-type pipe tobacco mixtures I'll smoke occasionally during the winter. She says those smell like a campfire only partially doused with raw sewage. Those are for the back porch, because the room note definitely lingers for several hours, even with an exhaust fan going.

Last edited:

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
To be sure you have to ask someone that isn't vaping. a non smoker is the one to ask. I test all my juices with the girls and ask what they think. I have juices I am not allowed to vape in the house. not many. my ice cap is so strong that people at the bar in the outside patio could smell it from many tables away. 3 or 4 vapes and my van smells like a bakery. never ever had a complaint with that one but everyone smells it.

the plain tobacco from dekang smells like an american ciggy without the burn. most of my tobacco flavours have little smell but there is something left behind. I have noticed it on my van's windshield as I am in it a lot. it wipes off with just a cloth but it does leave a mild film. and I can smell some juices on my clothes the next day

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I voted sometimes because it seems menthols really can smell. I noticed in my loungeroom & car and on a wrap I often wear to go outside to vape. DD says it smells like a cross between cigarettes & toothpaste if I vape in the car. other non-smokers have noticed the tobacco smell of my menthols. So, yes, it can smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread