new e-cig china mini.. i just ordered one.. he he

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
did you ask them if they were available to order yet trog? last time i asked they said "no, will be another week"

no dc i gave up trying to communicate with them some time back.. i expect to get it in a bit less than two weeks.. which allows them a week to ship it..

i am interested to see if the atomizers can be topped up and if they can be used in the screwdriver device..

they do now have spare batteries listed at around 12 dollars..

if they follow the loong totem design i dont see any reason why they shouldnt work.. except perhaps the "e-cig factor" .. he he he

trog

gimyam

Sep 16, 2008
This new type of the atomizer is combined with the cartridge, so that when you buy a cartridge and you will get one atomizer at the same time, and you will change the atomizer whenver you change the cartridge. The quality of the cartridge and the atomizer are much better than any other products and you will never worry about the atomizer any more.

I like the idea where the atomizer is combined with the cartridge.

I have place order for the New MiniCig from e-cig.com and they acknowledge payment was received on 14 Sept.

Till now they have not send our the shipping details yet.

This is my second order from them. First order was alright. They send me the EMS tracking number after they receive the payment.

Send them email 3 times but no reply from them at all.

Maybe as dc2k08 mention, they are not available for sale yet.

trog, did you order the same model?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yes gimyam i did order the same model..

"Message:
thanks for your payment. your order has been processed and we will ship to you this order within 3-5 business days."

i think they put them up on site a couple of weeks before they had any.. they normally send out three messages.. one for receipt of payment.. one the same as above and another when they ship the goods..

its pretty normal for them not to answer emails.. but the rest of their automated system seems to work well.. anything thats requires a human response like email is pretty poor.. i think they have a language problem to be honest..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This has got to be made by LoongTotem, Naz. Even the script on the cartridges is identical. And since we know LoongTotem already supplies some material to E-Cig ...

You see replacement batteries at $12.95? The carts are $1.50 each, but they say each is half a pack. So this isn't all that cheap. But I just bet you'll figure a way to refill.

Looking forward to your comments, Trog. Use cheap and toss: The new mantra!

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I wouldn't mind htose prices IF the hsipping isn't as outrageous as loongtotem's- as well, On ebay- there was a cigg that claiemd atomizer in cartridge, (the advertising was very confusing) and looking at the cartridges, they looked identical to loongtotem's & even had the same writing on the carts- but when I asked if they were like loongtotem's the seller said no & that the atomizer wasn't in the carts- Probably they are the same, but after checkign into that ebay product, it's got me a little reserved abotu hte ecigg one- and if ya scroll down on the cartridgs page on ecigg to the bottom, you'll see it states 'buy a certain amount and receive another atomizer' so that's got me a little confused abotu whether it's a loong or or not too

I'm getting several days out of a cartridge now (3-5) by refilling with only 2-3 drops instead of the 5 or more that I was doing in the beginning, and eventually they just clogg up and are really hard to draw, but I'm gettign more than a day now so I'm satisfied- IF ecigg's carts are the same as loongtotem- then they are certainly oging to last more than a 1/2 pack- Refilling them isn't a big deal, and infact is quicker and less messy than refillign our penstyles- I only refill abotu 3 times a day- no big deal- I don't consider these true throwaways at this price- Now, IF the cartridges were .25 cents apiece, then sure- don't even bother with refilling- but no product is going to sell at that price for combo cart/atomizer, and even still, if they were .25 I'd still refill just because I liek the flavors of refill juices. If I'm going off somewhere for a coupel of hours, I just refill before I leave, take two batteries with me and I'm good till I get home- If I brought a penstyle out with me, I'd have to refill a couple of times while out.

At any rate- the batteries are much cheaper at ecigg- just hoping htey fit the loong- just wish the shipping from ecig was more consistently reliable- seems ot be a lot of horror stories from members here who waited ages-

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i have never had shipping problems with e-cig.. not once.. their express EMS costs around twenty dollars.. i have spent a fair bit of money with e-cig..

the new one does seem to be like the loong totem.. atomizer in the cart..

with EMS shipping one new mini kit will cost me around the same as a generic bought in the UK.. its best to order as much as possible in one go this cuts the shipping costs down..

normally i would order a bunch of carts to go with the kit plus some spare parts..

this time i am just going for the kit.. its for two reasons.. my curiosity needs satisfying and i want to see if the atomizers are any good and can be used with the coming screwdriver.. i dont care about batteries.. but i do need the little brass ends if i want to fit a screwdriver with em..

i just checked my e-cig account.. 14 orders in total and not the slightest shipping problem with any of them.. i never go for the cheap pigeon post option thow with e-cig..

i do use the dealextreme free post option.. its better than express and over 45 orders not a problem..

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
i dont care about batteries.. ..

Good! Send me hte batteries :) j/k

with EMS shipping one new mini kit will cost me around the same as a generic bought in the UK.. its best to order as much as possible in one go this cuts the shipping costs down..

Yeah- that's the thing with loongtotem- EVERY item is listed as .5 kg and every .5kg is charged a certain amount which really escalates the shipping price quickly if you have to order several items like batteries, carts, charger etc. I certainly wouldn't mind paying $20 for shipping from Ecig, but am goign to hold off to see how long it takes for your order to arrive- hopefulyl it will arrive quickly for ya

& if it is indeed like a loongtotem cartridge, you shoudl be able to get a few days with refilling while testing with your battery. Just pop the little white silicon endcap out- it will refit back in just fine when done refilling.

Last edited:

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe
i have never had shipping problems with e-cig.. not once.. their express EMS costs around twenty dollars.. i have spent a fair bit of money with e-cig..

trog

sorry to go bit off topic, but its concerning e-cig.com shipments,
when was your last successful order? i don’t know if the problem with e-cig.com follow the random logic. i had 10 orders from them before the olimpics and no problem; but the last one from theend of august is still pending…
I got a confirmation of proceeding with payment ..and nothing after about the shipment. Whenever i try to go to live chat after mentioning my order number YOYO just closing the dialogue… and now i actually don’t see live chat active…dont know maybe they blacklisted certain ip..
are you getting the shipment confirmation lately?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
well going back about a month i ordered 50 pipe carts they arrived okay.. i then ordered 100 cigar carts they arrived okay..

so far i have had no problems with shipping.. they take about a week to ship then the trip takes another week..

i havnt noticed the live chat thing going lately but i havnt looked for it.. the olympics quite clearly caused them major problems they might not have got over them yet..

but as i say my last two orders arrived okay.. the carts were half bloody empty but the shipping part was okay..

the new mini has not been shipped yet.. but i have had the other two notifications.. i got shipping notification with the earlier two..

their communication is a disaster when things go wrong.. lucky for me i havnt really needed it..

best of luck with yours but it has fouled up thats for sure..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Good! Send me hte batteries :) j/k

Yeah- that's the thing with loongtotem- EVERY item is listed as .5 kg and every .5kg is charged a certain amount which really escalates the shipping price quickly if you have to order several items like batteries, carts, charger etc. I certainly wouldn't mind paying $20 for shipping from Ecig, but am goign to hold off to see how long it takes for your order to arrive- hopefulyl it will arrive quickly for ya

& if it is indeed like a loongtotem cartridge, you shoudl be able to get a few days with refilling while testing with your battery. Just pop the little white silicon endcap out- it will refit back in just fine when done refilling.

they wont be much good to u naz i will cut the ends off if the other (atomizer) bit works.. they have to be refillable to be any good to me.. two or three a day will cost too much

interestingly e-cig list then as holding 1 ml of liquid similar to the classic/penstyle but then claim 12 real cigs from this as opposed to only 7 from the classic..

i assume they think the new atomizer heater which pokes up into the cart will empty more of the stored liquid.. not so much left in the cart wastage..

but one certainly wont last me a couple of days without refilling .. not unless it holds around 6 ml of liquid.. he he

trog

ps.. at present i am happy with the 901.. but the e-cig atomizer in the cart device will make the screwdriver device look better.. there wont be such long tube sticking out the end.. if they last a week and work better that will be a bonus.. if they dont i will stick with the 901 atomizer..

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
i assume they think the new atomizer heater which pokes up into the cart will empty more of the stored liquid.. not so much left in the cart wastage..

It's the design improvement that makes them last longer (and I'm certainly getting more than 12 ciggs from one cartridge of the loong without having to refill)- with the penstyle, a lot of liquid falls down into the mesh and just lays there whereas the loong, the heater coil is wrapped in the soaked cotton and I think it more efficient at drawing hte liquid out and to the heater coil- the smaller 'cotton' wrap that encases the coil acts liek a wick I believe, drawing hte outer liquid from the outer wrapped cotton into the center. I think this is why they last longer.

Was just jokin bout sending me hte batteries- that's why I intentionally cut off the rest of your sentance lol

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the are right about why the new one will last longer.. back to front about why the old ones dont thow..

the old ceramic pot idea starts off with wet wire wool around the atomizer.. this has to be there.. the atomizer comes from the factory with wetted wire wool.. the factory prime so to speak..

without this prime the devices will not work.. the job of the old style cart was to keep this wire wool wet.. liquid is first pulled from the wire wool into the ceramic pot by the airflow caused by the sucking action.. all the old cart had to do was replace the liquid pulled from the wire wool..

the bottom line is the old carts dont do this job very well.. the smaller carts do it better than the larger ones but end up costing more

but poking the heater up into the cart wool is simply a better and more simple idea and bound to work better.. the only problem being to stop the hot coil from burning the nylon wool.. they seemed to have solved this problem..

but when the older carts are kept wet and topped up as i alway do the liquid consumption and vapour production should be the same.. with topping up or dripping there is no wastage.. wastage only occurs with normal cart swopping..

e-cig allow for 30% wastage staying in the older classic carts.. from looking at their figures it seems they dont think the wastage will happens with the new idea..

some wastage is bound to happen but probably far less..

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Some wastage will occure (especially IF the cotton wrap burns through before the cartridge is used up)- I've taken several loongtotems apart thinking they were dried out, but the long piece of cotton wrapping hte coil was still wet, and I was able to squeeze a couple of smallish drops out, so soem wastage will occure, but I think though that Ecigg is understating how long hte cartrisdges will last wihtout refilling, and with refilling (before the cotton has a chance to burn) will stretch the cartridge run-times to a couple of days IF they truly are liek hte loongtotem cartridges (Note, The only refill juice I have is JC juice, and I'm not sure if this juice is gumming up the insides or not, and if so, then a person might even be able ot get quite a longer run-time from a single cartridge/atomizer than what I am with juice that doesn't clog- I'm not saying the JC juice is clogging my carts, but they get to a point where they just get like htey are gummed up, hard to draw, and not worth refillign anymore really- perhaps other jucies will extend this tiem even further, I don't know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread