provari and... which tank mod shoudl i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
liquinator, dct map, map, torpedo tank.... which one should i use? regular map and torpedo look like they have a completly cut carto in them, i personally would think this would be better than a punched or cut one, but im not sure, im planning on ordering a provari in a couple week, so i will be using that too. still reading up on provari stuff, but also what resistence should i go with? im thinking the higher the better with the provari cuz i can always just ramp up the voltage, but i dont know if thats the right way to think about it. if anyone has used more than one of these tanks, could you compare them for me or even if you have used one let me know what you think.
thanks!

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Since no one else has chimed in yet I will mention something. Granted I do not have a Provari but I do have a VV mod. With the DCT map I use around 4.3v and that seems to be a sweet spot for me. 3.7 doesnt give enough vapor. 6v can be done but it is a bit too warm for me. Normally my sweet spot is around 9.88 watts but with dual carts, it is hard to tell since it can pretty much be vaped at any voltage.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
skyway, which vv mod do you use?im open to a different ones, i was also looking at the darwin, when you say watts it makes me think of that mod, if that is it or a different one let me know, im open to any and all suggestions. actually after i posted this i looked a lot more into the darwin and was thinking of getting the darwin with a goose neck, my only concern with the darwin is more for dripping i hear you can screw up the device if you drip to much and it leaks through, but i guess i could get a drip shield to solve that problem. lol im so confused, but ive looked and for price and availability and quality provari and darwin looked the best to me

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Some tanks use the ce2 carto's with the tube cut off,some use the regular filler type carto with slots cut in it or holes punched in it.
Which carto do you prefer?I have tried the map tank on my provari and sabertouch vv with a 2.8 ohm ce2 @4.5-5v,not for me.A liquinator tank with a 2.0ohm boge carto or the 1.7ohm ressurrector from ccv @ 4-4.5v works better for me when i use a carto.I was not a big
carto fan (still not a huge fan),but the convenience of 3-5mls of liquid,no bottles to squeeze,consistant taste(muted a bit vs dripping or bottom feeding)is about to make me convert to carto's and only use atomisers to drip samples on.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
ce2's don't wick fast enough to keep from the dreaded dry atty hit,1 hit,wait 5 minutes for the coil to get wet again,hit again,wait again.
When the coil is wet,the flavor of the ce2 is better,but fiddlin with the wicks to get them to work is a PITA.The boges and dual coil carto's all dim the taste a bit,but they require no fiddlin or mods to make 'em work right.That is my opinion,you may have a different one.
Whichever works for you is what's best.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
thats interesting, ive never used the ce2s just from lookign at them that would be my thought, id rather have a dim taste then have to wait 5 mins between its, when i vape its pretty heavy chain. ive used a clear dual coil on an ego battery and its decent, but i never get the chance to finish them because the tube is so fragile and cracks on me. the boges 2.0 and ressurecters sound like something to try, reccomendation on where to get them?

what would be your thoughts on provari vs darwin if you own either of those?

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
I don't have a darwin,so I can't give a comparison.The Provari is solidly built(mine has fell outta my shirt pocket onto a concrete floor a few times,no harm done)It works great with atomisers and cartomisers,and is not as big and heavy as you think it would be,still hefty tho.
Some folks love the ce2's,don't have any wicking or dry hit problems,I'm just not one of them.
SS torpedo tank w/pyrex tube
Torpedo Tanks

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
skyway, which vv mod do you use?im open to a different ones, i was also looking at the darwin, when you say watts it makes me think of that mod, if that is it or a different one let me know, im open to any and all suggestions.
Sorry I did not chime back sooner. Was in between things. My VV is custom made by myself so it wouldnt be available anywhere. I have never talked personally with anyone that has a darwin so I am not sure on that one. I personally like the provari compared to the darwin for looks. It achieves the same purpose. Since ce2's popped up on conv I will mention that I personally did not like the them. Granted this was back in February or March and I hear they have changed some things but the design looks the same so I do not think much has changed.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
what do you tink about the ce2? ive read alot saying they do not wick very well, do you think the cartos work better? from what i see it seems that is better at this point.

I do not like the CE2's at all...didn't wick well for me and trying to clean/dry burn them was too much work for me and I always seemed to ruin them. The carto's are so much easier to me...just push one in and then when it starts to not taste as good, slide that one out and put a new one in...you're good to go! The carto stays nice and wet the entire time in the tank, so it's like a fresh topped off carto with each hit. Just my opinion :)

icy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Pampa, Texas
I like the Arry tank, you just pop the clear tube off a xl ce2 and insert. I haven't had any problems with the new ce2's. I won't use carts anymore after pulling the filler material away form the coils and seeing the burnt cloth around the coils. I don't want that in my lungs. And yes they were always kept wet. imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread