burning throat and tingling sensation tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
I have the same thing but only when I take a deep inhale. Doesn't do it if i mouth suck first just on deep lung inhale? if that makes sense.

I was told the proper way to vape is take slow, big puff into mouth first, then inhale. Maybe that cools the vapor and/or let vapor react. It was choking when I directly inhaled.

Tsuki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
CA
JustaGuy I really think this is more of a new vaping experience, I started with 24mg and experienced this all the time in my first few days of vaping, I even switched to 18mg low TH juice and I still experienced it... The juices I used were premium american juice from Halo, to be more specific Torque56 and Malibu Menthol. Malibu is a much lighter vape than torque and it still happened. I would even get like tingling in my esophagus after a while, almost like a backwards heartburn. But I just kept on vaping and I never experience it anymore after a few days of dealing with it.

Zoomama

Sep 2, 2011
Texas
I was told the proper way to vape is take slow, big puff into mouth first, then inhale. Maybe that cools the vapor and/or let vapor react. It was choking when I directly inhaled.

Yeah when I do that it doesnt burn in my throat and tastes good, only when I do a deep lung inhale does it burn so i won't do that again!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you are using medium to high nic in 100% PG you could get a sore numb tongue, sore throat or even sore lungs. I got the sore numb tongue. Pick up some juice with 20% VG if you are using stuffing cartos, 20-30% for tanks and reservoir cartos, and any PG/VG ratio for a normal atomizer as long as it flows at least as fast as you vape it (VG is thick, juices with a lot of VG flow more slowly). Once I started using just with some VG in it, I stopped getting a sore numb tongue. Nicotine is a skin irritant. Even the patch warns about skin irritation. PG does very little to buffer the irritation. VG dulls flavor, TH and irritation but adds more visible vapor.

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
For some reason it seems like if i start experiencing this, 2 things make it go away... drink some water, and clean out your driptip with a paper towel... i think its just condensation thats near the mouthpeice which contains nicotine and when you vape it gets the condensation (which has almost no feeling other than the nicotine burn/tingling feeling) in your mouth... not like when you get juice in your mouth which is usually in a pretty small area...

When i have this happen it is really frustrating to say the least lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread