Boba's bounty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandu00

Sep 1, 2011
Valrico FL
Okay so today I got my Boba's Bounty 18mg of nic, and I loved the smell, the taste the first few puffs was amazing, but is like spicy, on the throat and the tongue, I love the flavor but the spicyness is just too much? People say the TH is not very hard but for me it is, I mean I vape all other kinds of flavors with like 60 and 70 pg and is smooth. Is it because I should pet it steep? Which I'm doing right now, will that change it? Any opinions, I use a joye ego 950 mha with regular 510 attyz.

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
Couple things you can try (I'm a big Bobas fan, probably my favorite juice). You may want to drop your nicotine level on it. That will tone down the TH. When you say regular 510 attys, what ohm are they? If they are 2.5-3.0ohm you may want to try a LR atty, 1.5-2.0 and see if that helps. I have noticed that if some juice is not vaporized well it tends to be a little "wet" when vaped and can cause the nicotine to hit much harder. A higher ohm atty on a 3.7v device will cause this as it isn't getting hot enough to fully vaporize the juice so you get a "harsh" hit. JMO from experimenting. Hope this helps. Happy vaping!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
In my opinion, that spiciness you describe is one of the biggest reasons I love it. In fact, it is because of that I cannot really find another juice that can top it. It's sweet and complex with that slight harshness (as you call spiciness) that really calms the cravings.

As another mentioned, lowering the nic could potentially help. I personally vape 12mg, though I've tried Bobas in 6mg. While it was still tasty, it just didn't have the kick that I needed to be able to vape it all day.

joc3721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Colorado
Just got some Boba's last night. Had to see what all the hype was about. First impression: awful. Cookies, crackers, old gym socks, cotton candy....ugh. I will follow the sage advice of all the experienced pros here and keep at it. I tend to like more tobacco like flavors so this may or may not be for me. We'll see.

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
Just got some Boba's last night. Had to see what all the hype was about. First impression: awful. Cookies, crackers, old gym socks, cotton candy....ugh. I will follow the sage advice of all the experienced pros here and keep at it. I tend to like more tobacco like flavors so this may or may not be for me. We'll see.

thats exactly what i thought the first time i tried it last month...by the 4th or 5th day it was one of my favorite juices. But then I tried gorilla juice and it became my new favorite. now boba's just tastes like weak gorilla juice to me

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
i have a pack from juicy vapors on the way no but it sounds like i really need to try some BB and GJ, i have it on my list

Very long list lol. There is too much out there to try!!

Hey! A local! :D You should drop in the Saint Louis forum sometime and say what's up! Show Me vapers

Also, definitely try some Boba's Bounty!

STLBluesNut

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
st peters mo
Hey! A local! :D You should drop in the Saint Louis forum sometime and say what's up! Show Me vapers

Also, definitely try some Boba's Bounty!

heh, i think i may have, at least ive looked a few times there. already been out to move2vapor in south county to pick up an emergency bottle of menthol =p

supposedly there are a couple of stands at the wentzville flea market on sundays?

plan to get to the next sidepockets meeting too, bring some BB and ill bring an empty carto =) ill let you try my ginger peach green tea blast. I hope that one is as good as it sounds when it gets here.

sorry to semi-hijack the thread =)

Bandu00

Sep 1, 2011
Valrico FL
To be honest, I have had Bobas for about almost a week now, I have had my on and off days with it, sometimes is great tons of vapor and great flavor smooth, while the next day is lie totally different in a bad way. I really dont know what to think about this flavor, GJ is the same, sometimes is good and sometimes is bad. I have let them steep and they have gotten better but lets see what happens, Im gonna keep updating on what I think has changed but right now the spicyness come and goes.

joc3721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Colorado
thats exactly what i thought the first time i tried it last month...by the 4th or 5th day it was one of my favorite juices. But then I tried gorilla juice and it became my new favorite. now boba's just tastes like weak gorilla juice to me

Day 2: It's growing on me...definitely the most chameleon like juice I've tried. Hard to pinpoint the flavor. Is the gorilla juice like this? Stronger?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
To be honest, I have had Bobas for about almost a week now, I have had my on and off days with it, sometimes is great tons of vapor and great flavor smooth, while the next day is lie totally different in a bad way. I really dont know what to think about this flavor, GJ is the same, sometimes is good and sometimes is bad. I have let them steep and they have gotten better but lets see what happens, Im gonna keep updating on what I think has changed but right now the spicyness come and goes.

It's not the juice changing, its your tastebuds. Might as well get used to it for the first few months. When mine go dead, I go for real strong flavors: Cinnamon, Menthol, Black Licorice or my favorite AVE's PG Chai. Clove would probably work good too. Don't make any judgements or large purchases of juices until your tastebuds level out. Some that you love now you won't be able to stand and vise versa.

About the TH of BB, it's one of my favorite things about it, I even get a "nose hit" from it. I think they have some black pepper extract or something similar in it. Whatever it is, it keeps me coming back.

Bandu00

Sep 1, 2011
Valrico FL
heh, i think i may have, at least ive looked a few times there. already been out to move2vapor in south county to pick up an emergency bottle of menthol =p

supposedly there are a couple of stands at the wentzville flea market on sundays?

plan to get to the next sidepockets meeting too, bring some BB and ill bring an empty carto =) ill let you try my ginger peach green tea blast. I hope that one is as good as it sounds when it gets here.

sorry to semi-hijack the thread =)

Is okay lol :-] Im liking BB but dripping it carts with BB is a pain on the .... and really mad flavor to be honest when I drip it all the flavor comes out, and Im only using a 3.7 ego with regular atty gotta get myself a LR and a mod lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread