• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Indy vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossi

Feb 17, 2010
Indianapolis
Greetings from Indianapolis!

Not sure if this is helpful, but for anyone near Indianapolis, we have an actual vape shop! Indyvaporshop.com. It's in Speedway. The guy had an existing coin shop, then he started vaping, and became such a fan he opened a store. It's been really helpful when I need a new atomizer asap and can't wait for the mail to arrive.

I've been vaping since last February, and it's amazing how mainstream it's starting to become! I vape everywhere, and my friends joke that I'm a missionary for the cause, as it always gets a lot of attention and questions. It's always fun to be told in a bar "You can't smoke in here" and then I start my spiel. I find that most people have at least heard of e-cigs by now.

Anyway, greetings to my fellow Hoosiers!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yep. I'm Mossi there too!

Ah Ha! I'm GURPguru on that forum. (Avatar on this forum is a GenCon pic of me.)

Very cool. Glad you're joining us.

Did you attend the Ren Faire at Conner Prairie? I encountered 1 vaper that seemed like a genconner getting accessories for an outfit there. Think I saw Stormy too, but didn't have a chance to verify. (Was running an errand for a performer at the time.)

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Hey guys!

I'm on the SE side...Wanamaker.

The guy at Indy Vapor Shop is really nice. I stopped in last week for a couple of things. He is going to remodel & make the front of the building all vaping! Right now he has everything behind the counter. Stop in & say hi...support your local guy.

drewdav

Nov 4, 2010
indianapolis
for those of you who have been to the indy vapor shop, i was wondering if you could tell me some of the flavors that he sells there that you enjoy. i have been looking for a "go to" flavor from his shop and am yet to find one. i was previously ordering the marl liquid from joye (100% pg) and really enjoyed that but now i am looking for something that i can just pick up here. any thoughts?

Sputnik

Jan 17, 2011
INDY
for those of you who have been to the indy vapor shop, i was wondering if you could tell me some of the flavors that he sells there that you enjoy. i have been looking for a "go to" flavor from his shop and am yet to find one. i was previously ordering the marl liquid from joye (100% pg) and really enjoyed that but now i am looking for something that i can just pick up here. any thoughts?

I shop at IVS all the time, at least once a week.

Their USA Mix is the same as Joye Marl. USA Mix = Marlboro

Their basic, cheaper liquids are DK (dekang). Their premium liquids are from various US suppliers. They carry Halo, Vermont Vapor and some other "better" liquids.

Im not fond of DK juices. They all have a "stinky feet" or "popcorn" note to them. That's kind of expected out of the tobacco flavors, but DK's non-baccy flavors have it as well. The only DK juice I can really vape is Flue Cured Tobacco, but Ive strayed away from tobacco flavors almost entirely. So, I wont recommend any of IVS' basic liquids.

As far as the premium liquids, the ones Ive tried (many of them) have all had a weird floral note to them. Im not particularly fond of them, however you may like them, but I cannot think of any I would necessarily recommend.

If you like tobacco flavors, get some of the Halo, or Vermont Vapor stuff. Its pretty good.

The way I see IVS as far as liquid goes, its a beginner store for liquids. OK liquids to get your feet wet with vaping, then move on to better stuff.

As far as hardware goes, IVS is my GO-TO shop. I buy all my hardware there. Mike is great to work with and usually cuts a good deal for walk-ins, and makes it right, and then some, if something is wrong. However, they need to step up their liquid department and start buying from better suppliers.

They are currently working on remodeling the store to get the vape shop its own section in the front of the building, and make it easier for us to "shop". I was there today and they were working on it. So, we'll basically have us a full fledged vape shop in the near future. It gets crowded in there sometimes as it is now.

the other day i was in there and Mike told me that Dekangs original mixers are all gone,and that the quality isnt there.he now will get his juice from Hang Seng or something like that.Cant remember the exact name but its close!

I vape his premium Wild Berry all day long. I love the Wild Tropical,Alpine Huckleberry,and watermelon,i mix all those and call it fruit salad,its pretty awesome.I asked Mike one day what his personal favorite flavor was and he gave me a couple drops (since he was out of stock at the time) i fell in love with the 5*5 its nice tobacco with a honey finish.I had to wait a week to get some,but it was worth it.I tried the ry4 also and its pretty good too.
I hope he starts getting more flavors, i really want to try mountain dew!

Shout out to Mike! he is a good guy and businessman.He makes it nice to go there,always smiling and eager to impart knowledge of the vape. Stop in and tell him the internet is talking about him.

Last edited:

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I have been meaning to stop by the indy vapor shop..I live more south/west and am direction impaired but, soon as I can drag hubby or gf with me..Im definitely going (anyone know if he carries mods)...Thanks everyone for the links

Edit: Jorvic, do you happen to know the general location of the Hoosierecigsupply?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread