Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
tank" data-source="post: 4201365" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Jason-tank said:
This is for the ppl that prefer punched cartos over dremeled cartos

All u need is one of these wire cutters , i use the biggest teeth on the cutters and it perfectly punches 2 holes on each side . Let me know what you guys think

Great find! What's the make & model? Did it punch into the filler at all? TIA :D

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
tank" data-source="post: 4201385" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Jason-tank said:
Nexxtech wire cutters, and it punches the perfect hole as u can see in the picture the tip of the teeth on the cutters are only so long that it makes just a surface hole

Thanks! Looks like it may be a Canada tool though. I did find what I think will be comparable from Klein over on Amazon that has great reviews. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip! :toast:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
This is for the ppl that prefer punched cartos over dremeled cartos

All u need is one of these wire cutters , i use the biggest teeth on the cutters and it perfectly punches 2 holes on each side . Let me know what you guys think

Welcome to a newcomer who is sincerely trying to be helpful!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Not bad...not bad at all! :) I have a punch and jig that I love using to punch small holes, but will have to give this a try too.

I wanted to thank you for the advice on using a self tapping screw. It's so fast, so much better than a nail or an awl. I punched a whole bunch of them last night in no time at all.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
The teeth on mine are pretty pointy and sharp , i would imagine other brands would be the same? And ive actually done it with nail and hammer and this way and it does a good job of non-caving the sides. The hole is a good size , i used it for 2 days and it feeds the juice really well. If you have the jig already this ideas not for u , but if ur lazy ... and ur modder like me lol then this is the way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread