Can I enjoy my XHale 02 or do I need to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
For those who don't know what an XHale 02 is, it's just a cheap E-Cig you buy at 7-11. I have enjoyed starting my transition from these to smoking. These things are just so inconsistent and seem to get worse over time. It's only been a week.

I don't know enough about these things to figure out what is going on. Sometimes they hit for the entire battery life, sometimes for half, sometimes they don't seem to do anything. I originally thought it was the battery because they usually hit right with a fresh charge but lately, not so much. From the beginnining, it seemed like each cart was a bit different so that may be. I am going to try to clean the attys tonight, or at least of of the two.

I would like to stay with this. I like the size, I even like how it looks like a cigarette. I like the fact that I can buy carts locally so I never have to worry about running out and ordering things online. If one died, I can just buy a new one without waiting.

Outside of cleaning the atty, I did buy some E Liquid. I don't know if that will help.

Has anyone successfully used this for a long period of time? Is there anything I can do to make this more enjoyable? Or is it time to say good bye and just keep them as a backup?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I'm afraid it is just what you said, a cheap ecig and you won't get any more improvement out of it. Sorry. There are a lot of better slim ecigs out there but you will probably have to go online. Most of us do and it's not that big of a deal. You just buy extras of what you need so you don't run out. And plan ahead so you don't run out. You would do better with a Joye 510 which is about the same size as what you have. Other people will come along and recommend something else so you will have plenty to choose from.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
For those who don't know what an XHale 02 is, it's just a cheap E-Cig you buy at 7-11. I have enjoyed starting my transition from these to smoking. These things are just so inconsistent and seem to get worse over time. It's only been a week.

I don't know enough about these things to figure out what is going on. Sometimes they hit for the entire battery life, sometimes for half, sometimes they don't seem to do anything. I originally thought it was the battery because they usually hit right with a fresh charge but lately, not so much. From the beginnining, it seemed like each cart was a bit different so that may be. I am going to try to clean the attys tonight, or at least of of the two.

I would like to stay with this. I like the size, I even like how it looks like a cigarette. I like the fact that I can buy carts locally so I never have to worry about running out and ordering things online. If one died, I can just buy a new one without waiting.

Outside of cleaning the atty, I did buy some E Liquid. I don't know if that will help.

Has anyone successfully used this for a long period of time? Is there anything I can do to make this more enjoyable? Or is it time to say good bye and just keep them as a backup?

I think you're going to get frustrated pretty quickly and I'd hate to see you give up because of it. Now that you know you like vaping- upgrade.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Starter Kits

V4L; Vapor4Life - Vapor King - the best e-cigarette/smoking alternatives!

Both are KR808's so you can purchase cartomizers anywhere that will fit. Save money and buy juice and fill the cartomizers yourself.

Someone might know some coupon codes.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
i also started with the xhale 02. I found that while i liked the size i hated the battery life and short life and taste of the carts. Its not that bad doing online business, most vendors are great and are always willing to help.

i'd follow the suggestions of others that have just posted. Look into the Volt from smokeless image or the bloogmaxxfusion. they are cig sized, work very well, have great customer service, and are overall great products.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
As others have said, cheap, inferior product.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

A good beginner model is the E-Power 510/Riva 510. Much more consistent and much longer battery life (about 5 hours). Get manual batteries, not auto like what you have now, for better performance, better control and much safer. These are the size of a slim cigar.

e-Power

E Liquid - Original - E Liquid 5ML - PG - Tobaccos

And do a lot of reading/research on this ECF.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Most people prefer to vape with cartomizers. Cartomizers hold more liquid, won't dump 1/2 their liquid for no reason, keep your favorite flavors totally separate, don't need to be topped off as often and generally give a more consistent ore trouble-free vape. Downside - you need to keep them damp or you can singe them, and they have limited lives. I can get 7-10 days use out of a $2 carto.

I started on something like what you have but sometimes I really had to screw with it to get a vape out of it. Within 3 weeks I was shopping for something better, many because of the tiny annoying recessed carts of the extra-slim models. So I bought both of the most popular slim minis to try (9.2mm diameter minis, Joye 510 manual, and KR808D-1 manual which i got at Vapor4Life). I still use both of them. I use the manual 510 with Boge cartomizers and the manual KR8 with Vapor4Life and Bloogplanet cartos. Those are the most popular slim minis - 510 the most popular 3-piece but usually used as a 2-piece and KR8 the most popular 2-piece. Manuals because they are harder to damage or kill with juice leaks, make it easier to get a good hit, and won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration.

SO if you are happy you can keep using it but there are better vaping experiences even in slim models. Just not quite as slim as what you have.

BTW Joye 510 manual in white used with white or tan Boge cartomizers (from NiteLiteVapor.us) will look like 100mm cigarette - just a bit thicker.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
Thanks for the advice. First things first, I cleaned my attys and found that is a weak link. I have 2 of the same models as it was probably cheaper to get everything than just a battery, which I would have to order online anyway. I found that one is toast, after only a week. I know I am new to this but that doesn't seem good. My other atty is good and its hitting like the day I bought it.

I am not at all against buying something new, I do need to be totally confident. I am not making much money right now, I really tried this out as an alternative to smoking and hoping to save money.

I should say, I don't care that something looks like a cigarette, I just want something that fits into my pocket. I don't want to have to have something "extra" to carry if I am out.

I may just buy one more of these and make sure I clean it. I will have 3 batteries. This is hitting well now, hopefully the atty doesn't die. I will clean them regularly if I do this. I can afford the $20 right now and even if it doesn't work, it's a good backup. It really sucked going back to analogs today though.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The nice thing about the two slim models I mentioned is the availability of cartomizers. For everyday vaping cartomizers are great. And no atomizer. Every cartomizer contains its own fresh atomizer coil. They cost about $2 each for good basic cartos and I can get at least a week use out of each. The models I mentioned also have manual batteries available. Most people here use and recommend manuals.

100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping

Joye 510 180mah and Boge 3 ohm cartomizers are the most popular (blank cartos) (Liberty-Flights.com, LiteCigUSA.net)
There are also 280mah joye 510 mega xl kits (FreedomSmokeUSA is one place that has some) and these are 128mm long with a cartomizer.
NiteLiteVapor.us has Boge 510 cartomizers around 3ohm (standard resistance, what slim ecigs use) in black, tan, white

KR808D-1 - currently most popular is SmokelessImage Volt, Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, Halocigs G6 style. The more standard manufacturer style can be seen at vapor4Life.com. They can all use each other's cartomizers. The Vapor4Life cartos and WOW juices are a bit hotter with more hit. The others are more vapory and a bit less hot. I use a plastic or delrin drip tip instead of the end cap with hotter cartomizers. The same size is 180/220mah and the standard/78mm battery size is 280/320mah (120mm long with a carto). The first 2 brands I listed have the longer battery life and are a tenth of a volt cooler (not noticeable).

When people get tired of small batteries or sometimes as their first model, they will buy a fat battery model or mod like Ego or Riva 510 or many others.

Last edited:

rwnielsen

Test Pilot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Long Beach CA
My first "e-cig" was one of those from 7-11. It was both frustrating and inconsistent but...it got me interested. I then fell for one of those bogus sites and bought a "Safe Cig". same thing only more expensive. When I finally found this place I was a couple hundred down. I went with a KR808 manual setup from V4L and I was finally on my way. If you go to V4L be sure to get on the mailing list as they have almost daily sales.
I smoked for a long time and that setup helped me stop
Best of luck to you and, Welcome to the ECF :)

isisrose1968

Sep 9, 2011
San Francisco
As others have said, cheap, inferior product.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

A good beginner model is the E-Power 510/Riva 510. Much more consistent and much longer battery life (about 5 hours). Get manual batteries, not auto like what you have now, for better performance, better control and much safer. These are the size of a slim cigar.

e-Power

E Liquid - Original - E Liquid 5ML - PG - Tobaccos

And do a lot of reading/research on this ECF.

I have both the Joye 510 and the Riva 510 and must say I much prefer the Riva 510 (I got it through Vapor Pure at an awesome price).

The Joye is about 4 - 5 hours battery life but I get at least 18 if not 24 hours from my Riva and a better vape all the way through. I keep the Joye as a back up (like when I accidentally broke my Riva charger and had to get another one), but that's all it's for for me.

Personally I would recommend the Riva over the Joye or Joye style any day.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
Thanks everyone. I hate to say it but I am a bit overwhelmed. I am so used to "let me get 2 packs of _______". So many choices.

My e cig is hitting again, hopefully that will tide me over while I look into something new.

I also need to remember that I only bought this brand because it was cheap and introduced me to a non smoking alternative to cigarettes. It was never my end plan but it worked well at first, and now is working like new, but I don't want something that has parts fail after a week. I am going to try to take one back though, hopefully it is simple and gives me a chance to save.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
I just bought a Riva 510. It's a bit bigger than I wanted but I think it can easily fit in my pocket, it's bigger than I want but with winter coming, it will fit in my coat or sweat shirt. Hopefully my Xhale 02 holds up as a backup, tonight I found that one of the attys failed but now I found a battery failed. I want to take it back but I am such good friends with my local 7-11 employees that I don't know how it will go. I have 2, and one component failed on one kit, one failed on another. Hopefully they can help.

I wish I was really excited about this but honestly, I just want something that will work. I know I bought a cheap kit, I can deal with it. I know myself though and I don't want to make this into a hobby. I have some really expensive hobbies and I can see myself going to far. I spend a grand on my recording studio like nothing but I don't make good money. Let's not talk about my cars.

I hope I made a good choice, it was impulsive, I know I shouldn't be mad at my previous decision but I thought that between the two, it would last a few months. Not the case.

On the flip side, I have been smoking and it feels terrible. I hate to wait but I think every cig will make me realize I need to move on.

Sorry, long post, kind of drunk, I just created a money pit when I was trying to save money. Hopefully I made the right decision.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I recommend you try out the atomizer and carts but them try Boge cartomizers (try the 3 ohm first, then if you want hotter the 2 ohm). Most people vape 510 devices with cartomizers for their favorite juices. And a 510 drip tip will let you test juices on the atomizer without putting it in a cart.

Note - don't screw anything in or on any further than needed to connect and work. The big battery devices battery center post can get pressed in if you screw things on further than needed.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I just bought a Riva 510. It's a bit bigger than I wanted but I think it can easily fit in my pocket, it's bigger than I want but with winter coming, it will fit in my coat or sweat shirt. Hopefully my Xhale 02 holds up as a backup, tonight I found that one of the attys failed but now I found a battery failed. I want to take it back but I am such good friends with my local 7-11 employees that I don't know how it will go. I have 2, and one component failed on one kit, one failed on another. Hopefully they can help.

I wish I was really excited about this but honestly, I just want something that will work. I know I bought a cheap kit, I can deal with it. I know myself though and I don't want to make this into a hobby. I have some really expensive hobbies and I can see myself going to far. I spend a grand on my recording studio like nothing but I don't make good money. Let's not talk about my cars.

I hope I made a good choice, it was impulsive, I know I shouldn't be mad at my previous decision but I thought that between the two, it would last a few months. Not the case.

On the flip side, I have been smoking and it feels terrible. I hate to wait but I think every cig will make me realize I need to move on.

Sorry, long post, kind of drunk, I just created a money pit when I was trying to save money. Hopefully I made the right decision.

If you get a Riva or E-power 510, it will cost you around $30 - $40. You will get MUCH better performance than what you have, much less hassle and much more consistency. For that $40, figure out how much you will be saving in comparison to smoking. Even if you turn vaping into a hobby, you will still be saving a lot of money over smoking. It's really a no-brainer.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
I paid a little under $33 shipped for the Riva 510. That actually is cheaper than XHale O2 kit as you have to buy 2 kits to get everything I got in mine. Well, it only comes with empty carts but I did by E Fluid already, it just hasn't come. I can't complain about the price, by any means. When I started the thread, I didn't think I would be able to get anything for less than about $50ish, being new to all of this.

I have to remember, even though I ended up spending a bit over $100 so far, I was first turned off of this because it costed way more than that when I first learned about them. I also have to remember that I didn't plan on sticking with what I have, I just wanted to see if I enjoyed them. I feel a little ripped off, still, but once my new stuff comes in, I am sure I will be more than happy. It's kind of like buying cheap tools in a pinch, you know they are going to break but you still some how are disappointed in the end. If my other atty holds up, it still will make a great backup. I will likely give it to my GF, who bought the same, and got me into this.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I have both the Joye 510 and the Riva 510 and must say I much prefer the Riva 510 (I got it through Vapor Pure at an awesome price).

The Joye is about 4 - 5 hours battery life but I get at least 18 if not 24 hours from my Riva and a better vape all the way through. I keep the Joye as a back up (like when I accidentally broke my Riva charger and had to get another one), but that's all it's for for me.

Personally I would recommend the Riva over the Joye or Joye style any day.

Explain to me how you get 4-5 hours from a Joye and 18 hours from a Riva.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yeah - eliquid - buy plenty at first and make sure you have a decent amount of easy flavors (tobaccos and fruits and caramels are usually good). Then you can experiment with finding trickier flavors you like (vanillas, desserts, etc). And don't forget the cartomizers, as well as a 510 drip tip for testing juices. You may be as frustrated with Riva atty + cart as with what you have. Carts are cranky. Once you find a fairly thin juice you like, try the Boge cartomizers. It was such a relief to be able to pick up my ecig in the morning and have it just work. With my old M402 (like your Xhale-02), one morning I spent 25 minutes trying to get it to give me one good drag. Cartomizers just work better than atomizer + cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread