Best atomizer for dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. About to buy my first mod! Will be either a buzz pro or a silver bullet (for use with higher voltages.) Currently I'm dripping on a joye 510 SR atty, but I'm wondering if there are some better options. I've heard 306s have the same threading as a 510, but what's the difference? Are there any mods or accessories that can auto drip? I've looked at box mods, but there aren't many that do vv as well as top/bottom feed. I took a gander at the drip on demand system from madvapes. Seems pretty cool, since I will be using it mostly at home. Anyone have luck with this item? I've also heard about debridging atomizers or just purchasing bridgeless ones. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
WV, this what ya talkin' about... Smok Tech 801 Spare 2.0 Atomizer, Black ..............:2cool:

No, although that is an 801 but not the ones I was referring to.

The mini 801 is at Ikenvape. The BE112 (801) is sold at a number of suppliers. I know Puresmoker sells them. I get mine from here:

E-Cigarette 801 Atomizer-standard pen style(BE112|DSE 801) e-cigarettes atty

I think the low bridge models do a better job. I'm not sure whether the Smoketek is low or high bridge. I know DSE801's are high bridge.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I don't like debridged atty except when mixing a lot of DIY flavors.
Can change flavors very quick w/ debridged atty.

I prefer dripping on CE2 more than atty. Can remove cup seal and drip on wick. Can also cut CE2 wick for quick flavor testing.

Attachments

• 00 ce2-x.jpg
    00 ce2-x.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 52

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Thanks madjack. I think you've helped me before. I will definitely pick one of these up. Supposing I get a vv mod, I should stock up on some SR (2.5 ohm) 801s?

...errrr, I wasn't making a recommendation, I was asking wv2 a question about his recommendation...but, you're welcome anyway....

Mr, wv2win...thank you sir.................
madjack:2cool:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
No, although that is an 801 but not the ones I was referring to.

The mini 801 is at Ikenvape. The BE112 (801) is sold at a number of suppliers. I know Puresmoker sells them. I get mine from here:

E-Cigarette 801 Atomizer-standard pen style(BE112|DSE 801) e-cigarettes atty

I think the low bridge models do a better job. I'm not sure whether the Smoketek is low or high bridge. I know DSE801's are high bridge.

...do you know anything about these... SmartVapes Dripping Atomizer™
...sorry for the hijack but it seemed like a relavant question...how about the screw on 5v regulators that look like a carto????

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I love the LR306 at 3.7v. It gives me more of a consistant vape than I have ever gotten with a 510 atty. The same kind of throat hit as a boge 2ohm cartomizer but a lighter draw to get the vapor out.

I haven't tried everything out there. I just got my silver bullet a couple of weeks ago and it's great with the LR306 with an 18650. But when going to 6v the dual coil cartos from smoktek really shine whereas I feel their performace is not so great at 3.7v. I also have a couple of 4.5ohm 510 atty's and tried them at 6v and hate them. Way too wispy. I feel like I'm vaping air. Hardly any hit off of them. My next atty purchase will be an HH357 and a higher ohm 306. But I have a feeling the 306 at high volt will just be too much. It's pretty darn good at 3.7 volt.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
...do you know anything about these... SmartVapes Dripping Atomizer™
...sorry for the hijack but it seemed like a relavant question...how about the screw on 5v regulators that look like a carto????

No on both counts, I'm afraid. I really don't see the need for debridged attys. I think the low bridge will work fine. I actually debridge one myself and couldn't see the difference.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I haven't tried these yet but a friend of mine has and loves them, they are the duel coil attys from COV. I've tried the Stealth atomizers and they hold a lot of juice and produce quite a bit of vaper. They are larger in diameter than a normal 510 but have a 510 thread.

I've been running one of the dual coil attys for 2 weeks straight at 6V...haven't even cleaned it..been using dark juice. If you are looking for an awesome atty, give the dual coil attys a try...you won't regret it. Mine has not lost any vaping ability since day one. Runs like the energizer bunny.

Awesome tm case, haven't seen the dual coil 510 yet...ive tried many different devices attys, and always seem to come back to my trusty 510 ...

cloudsofvapor.com sells the dual coil atty's. Get one and give it a try...use code bigbuyer for 10% off. The vapor, flavor, and TH from these will knock your socks off and this is coming from someone that hates atomizers...ME! I'm a carto cat but have fallen totally in love with these. Enough so that I have 10 more on the way plus the 5 I already have.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Each type of atomizer has it's own distinct characteristics (and flavor). My take on it is why should I just enjoy one of them when I can enjoy all three .. or five .. or ten of them.
    I like 510's, 306'es, 801's, hell I even like 510-T's (with the wick plate removed)

I don't restrict myself to one flavor of juice, why would I want to restrict myself to one kind of atty.
    What the hell, it's only money .. enjoy them all!

Last edited:

sln88

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    cheesehead
    I've been running one of the dual coil attys for 2 weeks straight at 6V...haven't even cleaned it..been using dark juice. If you are looking for an awesome atty, give the dual coil attys a try...you won't regret it. Mine has not lost any vaping ability since day one. Runs like the energizer bunny.

cloudsofvapor.com sells the dual coil atty's. Get one and give it a try...use code bigbuyer for 10% off. The vapor, flavor, and TH from these will knock your socks off and this is coming from someone that hates atomizers...ME! I'm a carto cat but have fallen totally in love with these. Enough so that I have 10 more on the way plus the 5 I already have.

I want to try these but am worried about using that LR on an ego. I was using a 306 today and it drained my batt in about an hour of off and on vaping. I am not sure if the 306 was an LR or not but I think it must have been

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread