Status
Not open for further replies.

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Very interesting to read - thank you! Been meaning to run a search on clinicaltrials.gov to see if there was by chance any signs of anything but kept forgetting. Also interesting to see who's sponsoring it, which brands are being evaluated, and where the trial is taking place (Virginia Commonwealth University - a uni that receives huge amounts of funding from Philip Morris). Makes me wonder if there might be an NJoy/PM connection after all... Another possible reason for that uni is that they are willing to perform tobacco research there (unlike some unis)

Last edited:

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
Very interesting to read - thank you! Been meaning to run a search on clinicaltrials.gov to see if there was by chance any signs of anything but kept forgetting. Also interesting to see who's sponsoring it, which brands are being evaluated, and where the trial is taking place (Virginia Commonwealth University - a uni that receives huge amounts of funding from Philip Morris). Makes me wonder if there might be an NJoy/PM connection after all... Another possible reason for that uni is that they are willing to perform tobacco research there (unlike some unis)

Nah I dont think so but anything possible in this crazy world.

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
That detailed description was the only thing that jumped out at me. Tobacco, tobacco, tobacco....

I'd like to see that section discussed, but it's Fri. Sorry Krakkan, having problems following at both, maybe more people will jump in tomorrow.

:) no problem I was just trying to get as much input as I could as well lol

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
I remember reading somewhere someone hinting about this study and that we would see PM come into the E-cig in September do you think this study is coincidence? I forget who posted it but he talked about Cancer institutes etc.
I think it was Sun that hinted at it? Cant remember.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but when I was reading the article at prwatch.org site about the PM/VCU thing, another article caught my eye The Ultimate Irony: Health Care Industry Adopts Big Tobacco's PR Tactics | Center for Media and Democracy In that article it talks about how one way to get people to lobby on their behalf is to get a few people to say bad or false things about the issue in the media, which in turn will cause people to write letters, make calls, etc. And, if you get someone who's a so-called expert to say the negative stuff, it'll spread to other media outlets on it's own, causing more letter writing, etc. And anyway, the paranoid cynic in me cant help but wonder if maybe that's what we've been seeing with the ecig. The negative stuff started appearing more frequently in the press around Feb, right around the same time as the clinical trial thing started. Coincidence? And, by having a small handful of people say how "inhaling PG might be bad and there's no studies on it", when we know from that 1942 Times article that there have been studies on PG, and all the other things we've seen and same bogus crap (like flavors are for kids) repeated over and over, it does make you wonder if we were played and have been unwitting pawns to create awareness and for grassroots lobbying.

It's probably just a coincidence, for we know some good reasons these people would want ecigs shut down (the funding that WHO, Tobacco Free Kids, and American Lung Association get from big pharma, for example). And, at this point I dont care if I have been played, so to speak, for I do feel ecigs can save lives. But it's one of those things that makes me go "hmmm. I wonder..."

Last edited:

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I remember reading somewhere someone hinting about this study and that we would see PM come into the E-cig in September do you think this study is coincidence? I forget who posted it but he talked about Cancer institutes etc.
I've had the feeling from the get go, that BT had a hand in ecigs, I still haven't found anything to change my mind. It's too perfect.
I guess I'll find out in September eh. I don't think it's coincidence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread