ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
As I have been PMed about reposting this by many people, I will repost a post I made several months ago:

Ask Sun about keeping liquid in the frig! Sun lost hundreds of dollars worth of juice keeping it in a regular frig. It went rancid after 3 months! Could even see that it was bad, it got all cloudy, if I remember the details correctly. I am in AZ so know what you are talking about. Leaving it out at room temp is not an option. I have found a compromise that seems to be working. I keep mine in a wine frig set at 60 degrees. The little frig actually shorted out, so I now put a fresh ice pack (gel block) in it every night which seems to keep it at the 60 degree temp. I also put my juice in sealed glass canning jars which helps keep any air out. I have juice that is 6+ months old (over Sun's 3 month time frame) and is still just fine, though I didn't start using the wine frig until it started to get hot here. Good luck, think this is still a very open question.

That is correct, Emsmom, I did lose hundereds of dollars by putting it in the refig. It went rancid after 3 months. The e-liquid was from Totally Wicked, Puresmoker, E-smokeytreats, and JC. The reason why I lost it was that the tempeture was to cold in the refig at 40 degrees and the refrig is not a dry envoirment with the door opening and closing.

I have e-lquid that I have stored in my closet that is almost a year old and is still as good as when I got it. The key is Cool, Dark, and Dry place. I do not post this to tell people anything else put my experience. If you feel for some reason that the refig is the place for your e-liquid---then go for it. I can only tell you is my first hand experience with loosing e-liquid.

Sun

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I can recall from chemistry, until they decided NOT to let me play with chemicals anymore, that compounds, structure, etc does change with freezing. I am not sure if nic will weaken. You do hear about drug smugglers freezing the goods for transport or storage. Any true chemists out there? I store my liquids in the basement, away from any windows, and it seems to do real well. If I do try to experiment it would be with a small qty and I would check it once in a while. Would freeze 10mil bottles and take one out every few months.
Dave:cool:

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
I can recall from chemistry, until they decided NOT to let me play with chemicals anymore,

Did you sit next to me in class?

I haven't stored my in a cold environment yet. Got the AC running full blast anyway, so temp is not a problem....getting the wife to give up any space in her china cabinet IS a problem.

I just thought I would throw the question out there since PG has such a low freezing point. Please keep us all posted with anything you may find. I'll test a bit myself when I get that shipment from China...or maybe, I'll just sacrifice some of those sample from Nuvape that I have.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Now I'm worried. We live in Georgia and don't run air conditioning. So what do I do? Seriously, Sun, can you advise? Should I keep it out of the fridge? I too have hundreds of dollars worth and I seriously can NOT afford to waste this. PLEASE advise.

Sharon--all I can say is that if it was me, I would just keep it in a box in the closet. I have some e-liquid that is coming on a year old that I kept in a desk draw that was a lttle to sweet for me. I keep testing it and it tastes and vapes as good as the day I got it sitting in a draw. So if it was me, I would get it out of the fridge. I am glad I tested what I had sitting in the fidge after 3 months as it all went rancid (nasty vial taste). Had I not, I would still be sitting here thinking I had a hugh backup supply when in fact I had e-liquid that no one could vape.

Sun

tikva

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Now I'm worried. We live in Georgia and don't run air conditioning. So what do I do? Seriously, Sun, can you advise? Should I keep it out of the fridge? I too have hundreds of dollars worth and I seriously can NOT afford to waste this. PLEASE advise.
I have the same question!!!:confused:8-o:confused:

I live where it's cool and rains most of the time, so NO ONE has A/C. I also live in an apt. so there's no basement. Anyway, we do have hot weather off/on for ~2-3 months. Living on the ocean it's very humid too. So, during those hot times my apt. is uncomfortably hot and fans hardly help at all.

There is NO "cool" place to keep liquids except the fridge!!!!!! So far I've kept my juice in the bottom cubbard of the kitchen, which is cooler than the bedroom or anywhere else, because of being freaked out about Sun's post. But when it's hot (and humid) it's >800F in my apt.

Is that honestly better than a cool 40 degree fridge????

I also just bought some moisture-proof bags, made for keeping things dry in a boat, and want to store my liquids in those, in the fridge. If they keep H2O out, wouldn't that keep all moisture out?

It just doesn't seem to me that a 40 degree fridge would be worse than 80+++ degree apt! But I have not put them in the fridge due to Sun's post.

HELP!!!8-o

tikva: I understand. Georgia is quite humid most of the time and we live in the woods so we are even more so. It quite often says in the 90's and quite often in the high 90's for weeks or even months at a time. Yet I think if I were to keep it in a box in the coolest (which isn't cool) place in the house it might do better than the fridge. It sounds to me, from Sun's experience that the fridge is definitely out.

Am I still looking at this right Sun? And, thank you so much for answering my above post!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
tikva: I understand. Georgia is quite humid most of the time and we live in the woods so we are even more so. It quite often says in the 90's and quite often in the high 90's for weeks or even months at a time. Yet I think if I were to keep it in a box in the coolest (which isn't cool) place in the house it might do better than the fridge. It sounds to me, from Sun's experience that the fridge is definitely out.

Am I still looking at this right Sun? And, thank you so much for answering my above post!

That is my opinion for sure Sharon. Like I said, I have e-liquid right here that I keep in a closet I do not keep the A/C on here when I go out, to the contrary, I turn it up to 85 degrees as it only takes a few minutes to cool the house down when I come home. This e-liquid that I stored in my closet is still as good a when I got it almost a year ago. I took my hit and learned my lesson about the fridge and I will not ever be revisting that experiance again.----not only for the money lost, but also for the fact that I thought I was doing the right think in storing this way, only to find out that I that was not the case.

Sun

Again, thank you Sun. I just wrote Wayne at Heaven's gifts. I figured if anyone knew he "might". I explained the temperatures here in Georgia and I explained what you said (no names given) happened to you. I then asked him if he has any experience storing e-liquid LONG TERM and I stressed long term. It'll be interesting to see what he says.

In the mean-time I've taken all my liquid out of the refrigerator and it's now in a box in a dark corner in the coolest (which isn't very cool) room in the house. I may not even go by what Wayne writes (if he does). I trust you on what you've reported Sun and I'm not willing to take that chance! I have almost 1,500ml's of the stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread