• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to Buy Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I realize that info would have to be private, but is there amywhere in Canada to buy straight Nicotine. I've just realized that PG and VG can be bought at pharmacies rather cheaply. I'm paying much more for premixed PG/Vg to use for adding flavours.

If you plan on buying anything over 36mg/mL, please use appropriate precautions, such as latex gloves, a clean work area, and even safety glasses. Keep all pets out of the room. If you spill 100mg/mL on yourself or others, there is a very real risk of poisoning. Nicotine absorbs quite readily transdermal, and at that concentration, 1 mL can kill an adult male.

I'm sure you know the risks, but I have to say it.

That said, here is another el-cheapo supplier: Box Elder Chemical Supply

If you're really worried about customs, there are some Canadian vendors, but the prices can not compete with the States due to availability.

http://www.elektrajuice.com/ is new to the scene, and not really DIY. Perhaps a good stepping stone. buy unflavored, add flavoring, done. No need to mess with high concentration stuff to save a few dollars.

Last edited:

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
yeah .. those prices, why not diy ... now for the hard part.. finding the time ...

I'd say the hard part is getting a mix that actually tastes like something that isn't crap lol, I'll definitely have to hit up the DIY forum once this shows up!

If you plan on buying anything over 36mg/mL, please use appropriate precautions, such as latex gloves, a clean work area, and even safety glasses. Keep all pets out of the room. If you spill 100mg/mL on yourself or others, there is a very real risk of poisoning. Nicotine absorbs quite readily transdermal, and at that concentration, 1 mL can kill an adult male.

I'm sure you know the risks, but I have to say it.

Exactly why I picked up 36mg :p

Last edited:

SharonCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Newfoundland, Canada
Good grief! I hadn't even thought of poor packaging. Even diluted in PG, I can get a lot cheaper across the border...I may have to give that some thought, regardless of customs. I'm paying $50 for a 120ml bottle of PG/VG mix with nic added. I like the convenience of just adding flavour, but it does add to my expenses...

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
What sucks about 36mg is that it limits you in your DIY'ing - for example you wouldn't be able to make 24mg 50-50 PG-VG.

Actually you can as some vendors will sell 36mg in either a PG or VG base . If you get both as well as no nic VG and PG you can mix what you want .

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I've ordered from RTS and their stuff is great. No issues getting either -- they take great pains to make sure that it has the best chance of getting across the border, which I truly appreciate, so they've got my business. I ordered 100mg/ml nic base (PG), plus some PG and VG, it all arrived in a timely fashion, well packaged, and the stuff is quality.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Actually you can as some vendors will sell 36mg in either a PG or VG base . If you get both as well as no nic VG and PG you can mix what you want .

But if you have 36mg PG and you want to mix 24mg PG/VG at 50% the ejuice calculator will tell you to put negative amounts of non-nic PG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread