Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Epipes Epipes Epipes

I love these things, such an unusual combination of old school and new tech. I like vaping, I like things made of wood...wow these are both eh?

A few people have been talking about them outside the normal crowd and I recently looked into some of the newer ones online and just thought, "Hey me, these need a thread to be talked about". So, as I generally do, I listened to myself and here we go

Jazz Cartopipe

JazzLarge.jpg

(shiiiiiiny)

Recently these guys (ok this guy singular) has made a few changes that I think are for the better. I am digging the new battery cover over the old exposed battery look and I hear the button has gotten a little easier to push, his customers love him. The only down side is that the cartomizer diameter can restraining if your got one that uses boge 510's and then decide that you want to go to a ego mega dual coil...well I cringe at the thought of cutting into a $115 dollar wood mod to see if I could get it to fit. Your never gonna get a tank on one of these but that is not really what these are designed for. They take cartomizer's of the traditional size just fine and honestly I find myself on a boge 2.0 ohm more than anything anyway

Price: $115 not sure if the fancy battery cover is extra but its probably worth it
the long ecf forum thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pplier-forum/161583-510-e-pipe-cartopipe.html
the website: Jazz cartopipe the first Cartomizer Pipe

Epipemods

DSC00563.jpg

(pictures taken from the ecf epipemod thread linked below)

what you want a tank on a pipe?
SHEn2.jpg

Epipemods, make a wide...WIDE...variety of pipe shapes, they even have a nice vast collection of pipe stems on their site from cherryvape so you can really go wild with what you want. Its basically an 18350 (which has somehow become the default epipe battery) wood mod with a mechanical button. Solid design in some very artistic pipe. As you can see in the pictures the styles available range from the normal to the bizarre. They look great, and you can put any 510 atty/cartomizer on them you can imagine...though some are going to look more natural than others on them.

Generally they are designed for Ego Mega atty's or Ego mega dual coil cartomizers but absolutely nothing is stopping you from putting an LR 306 on this and vaping it.

Price: 149.99 for the standard pipes custom jobs seem to go up from there...they also have a $300 dollar juice feeder giant pipe they call the dragon and a $70 wooden box semi-pipe (in the first picture)

The website: ePipeMods - Personal Vaping Devices with Style. Buy eCigs, eCigars, and ePipes online (easy to remember eh?)
ecf thread- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...emods-com-fully-custom-made-wood-e-pipes.html ....which is very long and just full of great pictures by the makers and the happy customers.

DSE-601 NEW 510 cartomizer pipe
FU_pipe_2.JPG

A lot of people liked the looks of the dse-601...yea it has that gaudy crystal in it but you can always fiddle with that on your own. But the atomizer was built in and that means when it breaks you have to go buy a new one. Well no more, now you can have the same look...the same reasonable price in a 510 cartomizer version...kind of...rumors say the cartomizers are proprietary and while you CAN get a boge in there its going to require the use of cart condoms to get a good fit and airflow....still its a decent looking pipe and its cheap...even if you do end up having to buy these specific cartomizers its better than having to buy a new unit every time the atty pops. The battery is replaceable and its an automatic. Which means its the only automatic cartomizer pipe that I know of.
Price: $64.95
website: The Better Way To Smoke - New E-Pipe Kit with Cartomizers

Sunpipe

34i1fkm.jpg

zoom_86516790_europa006_A.jpg

Man I love the look on these things. Really it looks like they stole the epipemods button and just made the atty connection recessed or semi-recessed (depending on the model they have a good range of shapes going on) put a little metal ring near the atty connection and dresses up the magnets on the top so you can't see them. But its a great collection of electronic pipes...assuming, because I have never seen the insides of one, it has a similar body they should also last a long time. What you can tell from the website is they use the Ego Mega Dual Coil the 18350 battery and they don't ship to the united states (maybe they will reply to my email stating otherwise if so I will let you know, I didn't see an option for it when trying to buy one online though)

but really look at this thing
2jdrk02.jpg

makes me want to renew my passport and hop over to Italy.

Price: Somewhere between 120-220 dollars after converting from Euro's (€90-160 including VAT) not including shipping even if I could find a ship to the states button.

Website: electronic pipes | Collections the designers site with pretty pictures
http://www.del-sole.it/categorie-1448/SunPipes.aspx the sellers site with no ship to the U.S. button

So those are the ones I have been looking at lately there are some others, the mini pipe & the expensive g500 from nhaler come to mind...they are starting to show their age though either in function or forcing you to use only one type of cartomizer.

Anyone have any pictures of their pipe? Or any information they would like to add about the above mentioned...or maybe a great one I missed lets see/hear it.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Does anyone make a VV pipe?

Don't think I have seen a VV pipe, though there are some dual battery epipes so its more a matter of mechanics than anything. You could always put one of those single battery egoboosters on an epipemod I believe Matt has said he has done so on that thread here at ecf giving you a 3.3-4.7 range.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Very nice writeup, when I'm in the market again I would love to get an epipe.

Of the jazz and the epipemod, which button do you prefer? Those Italian ones look sweet too, especially the last one w/ bone.

I honestly can't say, the only jazz I have ever seen was the old style with the older stiffer button, I didn't have a problem with it, but I play stringed instruments and don't have giant fingers so it probably depends...however thats moot since he supposedly has an easier to push button now. I think the buttons are less of a concern than what your vaping...if your vaping boge cartomizers (or some similar style cartomizer) and you know thats what your going to be vaping for the foreseeable future and you like the look of the jazz...get the jazz.

If you want to be able to vape a boge one day and a ego mega dual coil cartomizer the next, and you like the looks and are ok with the price of an epipemods, then go with the epipemod.

Thats my opinion on it anyway. Since the ego dual coil cartomizers came out (and they function pretty darn good I have a clear one I am using right now) it has become less of a "this is an atty pipe, this is a cartomizer pipe" and more of a "I like the costs/looks of this pipe over that pipe"

Nothing wrong with having to choose between one good thing and another though even if it does make the choice harder :2cool:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Mod builders in the U.S. (and Europe) seem allergic to the idea of automatics, I use to think it was because automatics were inferior to buttons but I think china has shows with the bloog and volts and so on that automatics can work just fine. However you can go out and put together a nice button box mod for cheap, you can even get a touch sensitive button if you look hard enough but I don't see any automatic system for modders out there so maybe its just not something we have the technology to easily fiddle around with.
You want automatic your dealing with Asian manufacturers these days which just leaves the azssmokefree carto pipe.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I for one thank you for this thread. I LOVE pipes. I have a good collection of MM Corn Cobbs still and some fine tobaccy that I made into a display once I switched to Vaping. I wonder if we could get Jack Hackertt to make us pipes :D.

I used MM corn cobs exclusively for the two years before I started vaping and quit smoking. Mad Vapes has or had rather parts for DIY e-pipes. I'd love to try to make one but I like the type with the button hidden elsewhere and the bowl light up like it's filled with burning tobacco.

Hate the idea that people put the button where the tobacco should be. To me this ruins the illusion of using a pipe 100%.

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Hate the idea that people put the button where the tobacco should be. To me this ruins the illusion of using a pipe 100%.

I did it because its much easier, and I'm not a fan of LEDs in mods. That's the best part of all this stuff... there's literally something for everybody!

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
Mod builders in the U.S. (and Europe) seem allergic to the idea of automatics, I use to think it was because automatics were inferior to buttons but I think china has shows with the bloog and volts and so on that automatics can work just fine. However you can go out and put together a nice button box mod for cheap, you can even get a touch sensitive button if you look hard enough but I don't see any automatic system for modders out there so maybe its just not something we have the technology to easily fiddle around with.
You want automatic your dealing with Asian manufacturers these days which just leaves the azssmokefree carto pipe.
I have gone through about 12 601s and I have not blown an atty in any one of them.
Every one has gone because of the infernal automatic switch.
I so wish they would bring out a manual version.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I've just bought a wonderful Sunpipe from del-sole.it

I've asked them about shipping worldwide, and they do ship worldwide.

That is great news, I am going to send another email maybe mine got lost in the system. Let us know how you like yours as the internet does not have many/any reviews of the pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread