• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So can you vape during bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
Really one of the goals of basic training is to break you of all your "bad" habits. The cool thing is, you are so busy in basic training you forget about wanting a Cig. Every minute of every day is planned out for you. I can only speak for Navy basic training, but the division commanders are given a "red book" that has hour by hour what you will be doing for each and every day you are in training, so very little down time exists.

The trick is, not going to the exchange the day you get out to get that pack of smokes you have not really been missing that much for the last 8 weeks. But you will find that most do, and pick right back up where they left off. I know I did!

GL,

Chief

iball

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
The Desert
You won't be allowed anything that wasn't either a) issued ot you at CIF or b) purchased at the PX/BX under the watchful eyes of several drill instructors.
This is only based upon my own experience with Tanker OSUT training at Knox. Which sucked hard because my platoon's senior DI wife left him right at the beginning of our cycle.
We stayed in RED phase the entire 16 weeks. Imagine if your basic training was 16 weeks instead of 9 and you have a clue as to what life was like then.
But at least it taught us that in order to have what the other platoons around us were having we would have to learn to lie, cheat, and steal to get it. Thanks, Army. Good job there.

You're not going to have ANYTHING you like during boot camp, period. No chewing gum, no candy bars, nothing.

The first thing the entire lot of us at the airport in Louisville did on our way to our individual assignements? Buy a pack of smokes and get really sick.

adam.phillips

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Fort Sill Ok.
Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok I was a Drill Sergeant a short while ago. Just came off the trail. If you think you get anything personal on basic you're wrong. You get some family pics, your wallet, and something religious. That's it. Get over yourself, its not about you, you're ARMY property or government property at that point. We own you. So leave that stuff at home, get your big boy/girl pants and suck it up for 10 - 16 weeks depending on branch of service. Just my 2 cents. By the way get at parade rest when you post. Lol.

What ever happened to smoke em if ya got em? OMG, I'd have to kill some of the others during basic:) When we got a pass we'd go to the px and eat candy bars and drink cokes:laugh: We LOVED it after doing a road march or something difficult/stressful to get the "smoke em" call :vapor:

ken729

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Think I had a flash back after reading that

ARMYVAPR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
North Carolina

I went to basic about 3 years ago and I smoked every single day in the bathroom and the 7 drill sergeants never noticed... or if they did they did not told anything.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
I looked up Bootcamp rules and all tobacco products are strictly forbidden (cigs, chew, snuff etc...) but nowhere does it mention nicotine being forbidden. so i have a question for miltiary vapers, did you vape during bootcamp and was your drill instructor cool with it?

sorry Tregs but i gotta do it.........HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAaaaa ... no way can you do anything that they dont tell you do to. im a SSG and back when i went into a BCT it was all eyes on you all the time. also depends where you go. at benning you'd be glad to have time to take a break. even if you had time off you wouldnt have time to think about smoking.

you wanna quit smoking go to bootcamp. you'll be smokefree once you get off the bus. (for atleast 9 weeks.) AIT is a different story. once you phase its all good. vape your face off if you like.

BTW: vaping is considered a tobacco product to the military so it must be used in designated smoking areas only. (unless top or capt says so.)

godspeed padawan.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
sorry Tregs but i gotta do it.........HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAaaaa ... no way can you do anything that they dont tell you do to. im a SSG and back when i went into a BCT it was all eyes on you all the time. also depends where you go. at benning you'd be glad to have time to take a break. even if you had time off you wouldnt have time to think about smoking.

you wanna quit smoking go to bootcamp. you'll be smokefree once you get off the bus. (for atleast 9 weeks.) AIT is a different story. once you phase its all good. vape your face off if you like.

BTW: vaping is considered a tobacco product to the military so it must be used in designated smoking areas only. (unless top or capt says so.)

godspeed padawan.

Glad my Chain of Command's a open minded bunch. I sit at my desk and write evals or at a radar scope and vape all day.

Techwipe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
The high seas
twitter.com
I went through basic during the holidays and on thanksgiving the base put on "Operation Fireside" where families from Cape May would come and adopt a couple of us for the day and give us dinner and such. The first thing the guy with me did when we went to town was get a pack of smokes. Despite me quitting a couple months before I left I couldn't say no when he looked at me and said "I can't finish this pack myself". When I got home I was able to quit again but then I was driving from CO to CA for training and I stopped in Reno, I was so drunk I couldn't go without.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
If you're going to Paris Island, then the answer is a huge NO! You won't have time to do anything other than what you're told. If you try and sneak something past your drill instructors....like an ecig, they will take it from you and kill you with it. Well, you'll wish they killed you with it lol. Leave that stuff at home and do yourself a favor.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
No branch of the military is going to allow you to have anything personal. I was given a packing list by a recruiter, I used that stuff for the 3 days it took me to go from MEPS (your local processing station) to basic, where my stuff wasn't mailed back home, but shoved away in a locked closet until I left basic. You will be given everything you need. For the stuff that isn't issued to you, i.e. toiletries, etc, you are given something similar to a debit card that can only be used on base. They front you about $200-ish to purchase things from these stores. Course, the only one you get to shop at only has the things you are allowed. Like the others have said, don't bother with it. You won't get to use it. If you get caught with it, it will be taken from you and you may or may not get it back. Probably the latter.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
You'd have to smoke while being smoked for smoking.....and then probably get put in a "retraining company" where the put all the kids who don't have any respect for authority.

We had a guy...Bentley, I'll never forget his name. Or his lack of fear\common sense lol. It was like training day 3, and this cat heard that if you told the DI's that you refused to train that they would send you home lol. Well, he refused to get out of his rack in the morning. We were getting ready for morning chow, so we were quite busy and didn't really have time to watch the beginning of the whole fiasco. But in about 5 minutes, MP's showed up-handcuffed ol boy and drug him out(and opened the door with his head\face lol). Scared us to death! Never saw him again. Although he did get mail for the next 14 weeks lol. Whenever they read his name off at mail time we had to respond that he was dead lol.

One of the most dangerous things a recruit\private can do in Boot camp is take advice from another recruit\private lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread