EcBlend 8 Flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpy8877

Aug 11, 2011
Chicago
I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and since another thread has painted them in a negative light I thought I would give my thoughts. All of my juices were 50/50 18 mg

Things I liked about the company

Lots of flavor options and customization.

Fast shipping (oregon to Chicago in 3 days)

Good prices

Good website once you get past the inital page

Things I didn't like

The bottles were not filled to the top. I know its is probably 5 mil anyway, but it is a perception thing.

Kretek Blend

I can taste tobacco and clove, a little light on the flavor, perhaps I should have gotten extra flavor on this one. I haven't had a clove cigarette in a few years but this simulates it pretty well.

RY4

Tastes of tobacco and carmel, light on flavor again. I should have ordered extra flavor again. It's not bad just kind of meh. Nothing special but a plesant vape.

Chocolate Hazelnut Tobacco

You can taste each element very clearly and they work together well. I went through the bottle in a day, I will re order this one. The chocolate is a bit tootsie roll-ish, but it is still a decent choclate flavor.

Red box (new)

Yuck, too much perfume taste. Hard to describe besides perfume. I will say the aftertaste is really like a cigarette.

English toffee tobacco

To me this tastes like yogurt and tobacco mixed. As bad as that sounds it is not unpleasant. Reminds me of a Japanese yogurt drink.

Raspberry with cool hit

Slightly medicinal candy raspberry taste. Reminds me of those old fashioned candies old people always have in their houses. Not bad not great.

Toasted Marshmallow

Tastes like a toasted vanilla flavor. It reminds me of something but I cant put my finger on it. Pleasant enough.

Choclate Vanilla 555

I was looking forward to this one and was dissapointed. It has the same perfumey taste as the red box. I couldnt taste anything other than perfume.

Overall they seem like a perfectly fine vendor to me. They are no backwoods brew but they are a cut above the china juices and gourmet vapor in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

kiminsc

Moved On
Sep 7, 2011
SC
I kinda have to agree with the negative poster on the other thread, but more delicately.

I ordered cinnamon pear first and didn't like it but I thought maybe it was just the cinnamon. About a month later I ordered vanilla butternut tobacco and keisha's blend. The vanilla butternut tobacco was really harsh and cigar tasting with no other flavoring I could detect. The other one had a funny aftertaste. I then tried 2 of the new ones. Darkness, which is a chocolate expresso tobacco and tropical tobacco. The darkness was for me and tropical for my husband. Mine tasted very perfumey. First couple of puffs I screnched my nose, tried it a little longer and couldn't go it. My husband came home and loaded a cart with the tropical tobacco...within 30 seconds he was saying yuck what is that after taste. He threw the cart and bottle away like me and got out his peach bellini tea from vapealicious. My husband likes tobacco vapes, and he has no tastebuds in my op...so for him not to like it was saying something.

I am sure there are plenty who like their juices...and taste I guess is subjective. But 5 out of 5 of ours has a strange taste in our opinion. I know the price is good. But NLV is only 10 bucks a bottle..and Bounty Hunter doesn't have any of the aftertaste or cheap taste. It actually tastes way better than the price. I had an issue with the vapor at first but after a shook it to death it was great.(it must have just settled alot.) So, there are vendors out there with good juice and low prices.

contournc

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
North Carolina
I only tried tobacco flavors. Just a heads up to tobacco type flavor users, the base is that generic concoction of flavors meant to be "tobacco". I didn't get perfumey, but I got that grassy, hay type flavor which I don't like. Maybe too much tobac absolute, which can turn the flavor grassy. dunno. I got 7 Leaf, Choc Hazelnut tobac, Tobac Blend, Darkness.
The flavorings added to the Tobaccos aren't bad, but not outstanding.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
typoSince ECBlend seems to be catching a lot of flak this week, I thought I'd chime in.

I've had a couple of PM exchanges with the owner of ECBlend, and I believe him to be a sincere guy who wants to make quality juice and be a good vendor. He shared his frustration over not getting much critical customer feedback that he could use to improve his liquids. I like the thorough disclosure on the ECBlend site, with lots of info about eliquids in general, plus what's in (and not in) their juices. Too many vendors reveal next to nothing about their products.

I keep an extensive database of all juices and flavorings I buy, and one field ranks them (great, very good, good, ok, so-so, or lousy). Of the 16 juice flavors I've purchased from ECBlend (most in 5ml sample bottles), none were great or very good in my personal judgment. Four were good, six were OK, four were only so-so, and two were downright lousy. Not a terrific overall score, but not dreadful either. Sort of low average, like a grade of C-. Many well-known juice vendors get about the same grade from me.

The worst thing I can say about ECBlend juices is that they're somewhat pedestrian in their flavorings and mixes. I have the feeling that I could DIY most of them with similar or superior results, and save money in the bargain (although ECBlend's prices are very reasonable---especially with their 20% off coupon---homemade DIY juices are dirt cheap).

I can't say the same about most of my favorite juices from my most respected go-to vendors. Those juices are not only superlative, but would be impossible for me to replicate with DIY no matter how hard I tried.

In general, I think of ECBlend the way I would a young cook who has only recently graduated from culinary school---as someone who cares about food but is just starting out, and who needs more real-life experience to develop his talent and refine the skills necessary to find out if he has what it takes to become a great chef.

Last edited:

SilverSpike

Aug 1, 2011
Denver
Things I didn't like

The bottles were not filled to the top. I know its is probably 5 mil anyway, but it is a perception thing.

[

I have order twice from them . My girlfriend loves the Chocolate covered cherries. Tried about nine flavors total between the two orders. Some good some bad. Sent a email to the owner over this very issue. Not a single bottle that was sent to me had the same amount of liquid in it. Not even close in some instances. 5ml was just over 4ml in one case. After a rude, rude email from them telling me flat out that I was wrong and there was no way they could be wrong, I will say that I will find another chocolate covered cheery for my girlfriend to try because I will not be ordeing again.

Last edited:

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
kiminsc you taste those strange tastes too. Yeah weird. Trust me its not subjective (you). I talked to at least ten people all tasting off tastes. Theres a difference between the subjectivness (lol not a word hehe) of just not liking certain flavors as much as others and most juices tasting just off in general. Mainly how their made and whats in them is all. Price is nice here, but for a few extra buck there are some really quality suppliers out there, like some you listed. Backwoods Brew for instance really uses some quality ingredients mmmm Alot of it in the end is just the ingredients they use and some just use better ones. :) lol the bottles being different is true too. I had bottles with all different levels in them, and decided to take a lower one out and measure it, and it was only about 4ml. Once a lil more tech and control and quality is put into these juices, they will be a nice site to distribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread