Geoff, how about offering luer lock bottle tops with dulled syringe needle and caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Thank you Poeia. I did manage to find a vendor who would sell me just the tops, caps, and blunted needles in a 10 pack. I didn't want to pay for the bottles as well because I have a bunch of them already. Just the normal 15mL bottles you see like Geoff carries. I don't know the technical term for the neck size like you mentioned above.

Best,
scott

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The size refers to the threading. If they don't match exactly they might fit pretty well but you will get some leakage.

I've been to so many bottle sites, I'm learning. I adore the hardness of TV's bottles and the pointed dripper tips but I really want 15ml bottles for carrying around.

I'd love flat-ish (oval) ones but the only ones in HDPE (the less squishy plastic) that I could find was with a vendor who sells a minimum of 5,000. I'll probably go through a couple of dozen a year so I don't think I need quite so many. So, if I'm going to compromise and get round instead of flat, then I definitely want the good drippers but nobody carries them. And I mean nobody. (There was an ebay source that carried the bigger ones but they don't even have them any longer. I think Geoff is performing black magic in his basement to get those.)

Last edited:

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Thank you Poeia. I did manage to find a vendor who would sell me just the tops, caps, and blunted needles in a 10 pack. I didn't want to pay for the bottles as well because I have a bunch of them already. Just the normal 15mL bottles you see like Geoff carries. I don't know the technical term for the neck size like you mentioned above.

Best,
scott

where?

that PAC place wants like 20 dollars shipping on 5 dollars ... :blink:

i'm looking for the bottles though as well... i'd like 1-2 oz oval bottles to be specific... PAC has them but of course the shipping is outrageous...

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My answer is no. And we've already looked into these and other needled bottles. While they work GREAT for their intended purpose, being oiling gun parts, we found that these needles plug up easily, asking for a larger gauge needles always incurs additional costs, and we've never found ANYBODY that offered a reasonable wholesale price. They're just too damned expensive.

And one of the main points of our liquids is price. We want to keep that down.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah Siouxsie, this was also a consideration of both myself and talking with Michael at DigitalCiggz. We both found that the needles plug up easily. Whether we're putting our liquid in them, or your putting YOUR liquid in them. The fact that they plug up easily is usually enough to initiate a plethora of complaints from customers that the items are doing what we already KNOW they do if we decided to sell them on our sites.

The logical conclusion is not to offer them and save ourselves the burden of grief that we already KNOW will happen if we offer them.

Because in the end, we know about the problem, and our customers won't blame the product for not working, they'll blame US for the product not working.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah Siouxsie, this was also a consideration of both myself and talking with Michael at DigitalCiggz. We both found that the needles plug up easily. Whether we're putting our liquid in them, or your putting YOUR liquid in them. The fact that they plug up easily is usually enough to initiate a plethora of complaints from customers that the items are doing what we already KNOW they do if we decided to sell them on our sites.

The logical conclusion is not to offer them and save ourselves the burden of grief that we already KNOW will happen if we offer them.

Because in the end, we know about the problem, and our customers won't blame the product for not working, they'll blame US for the product not working.

I can understand that. I have never had that problem, but then again I always run water through them when I'm through with them and I use the appropriate gauge needle for the task (green, yellow, pink, brown) lol...whatever size in mm or inches that conforms to. I have actually had more problems with the actual luer lock and press on bottle caps that take the needles. They sometimes leak.

All the best,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread