need help from Ego T users

Status
Not open for further replies.

normajean999

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Washington State
Hi everyone. I posted last night because I couldn't figure out the dripping with my ego T. I have the XL atty to go with the drip tip. I was afraid I would pop it if I didn't have enough juice. I didn't seem to be getting much out of it. Everyone said to add more. Well I did. I dropped a bunch in so the wick was clearly covered. Well then it leaked out all over the place. So that is not right. At this point I will give up the dripping for now unless you have some tips. But then I loaded one of the cartridges. I didn't let it sit for more than a couple mins. Put it in on a new atty and again it leaked out all over too. On these cartridges how long do you have to let it sit upright to settle to the bottom so it doesn't drip out all over the battery end?

kerb

Sep 20, 2011
Canada
I am by no means an expert or anything on this....actually only been vaping for a month so take this as you will. But my ego leaked when I first got it also. When I drip I just put about 5 drops in and try it......if it tastes good then I vape till seems to be not much vapor or taste then add another three drops or so. However now and then I do find I add to much and end up with a soggy addy and then it just gurgles alot and sometimes will leak. As far as the cartridges go I HATE them...........much prefer cartomizers............found with the cartridge I either over soaked it...leading to leaking or under filled it leading to a horrible filler tast. I find the cartomizers are exactly between dripping and the atty.............mind you I prefer dripping but it is a hassle.

brassos

Oct 7, 2011
colorado
We fixed our ego-t leakage issues by buying the cheap soft caps for the cartridges. You pop off the hard one that comes with your little tanks and replace it with the silicone ones. We have had no leaks since. The silicone seals around the feed spike in the atty. They are about 1-2$ for 10 form many vendors. Google silicone caps for ego-t.
Don't know why the ship with the hard caps, puncture once and then they just leak all day:(

normajean999

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Washington State
I am not using the tank right now. I am using the XL atty which is meant to be used with the cartridge or a drip tip. I bought those especially to try the drip tip. But I decided to switch to the cartridge because my husband has been complaining of a very soar throat. To the point that he can't handle it. I have some VG juice on order for him but in the meantime I filled a cartridge and he says it is much better. It does not burn on inhale. With the tanks a lot of the time you get juice on your lips and in your mouth so that may be part of his problem. The tank leak a little but I am not worried about that as I can get the new caps like everyone mentioned. Mainly I am just trying to figure out how long you need to let the cartridge soak the juice into the filler stuff so it doesn't ooze out the other end. I didn't see any cartos for the ego T. I'll have to look into that.

normajean999

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Washington State
Ego T type B. You can order it with the reg atty that has the tip for the tank, or with the XL atty that has just the coil and wick visible to use with a cartridge (with filler stuffing) or a drip tip. And I did just find the cartos on the liberty flights site. I see why I didn't see it before. I ordered all my ego stuff off the page that had all the ego T B items and the cartos are on a different page. I let my cartridge sit for a bit and I think it's better. It sure doesn't burn anymore. Even I can tell my tongue does burn like it does using the tank. Weird.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm a little confused Do you have an ego-T or an ego? An ego-T will only take a tank if I am correct.

The eGo-T atomizer can only take a tank, can't do a cart. The eGo-T battery can take anything 510, of course. So I guess it all depends which part someone is talking about.

You can drip into an eGo-T atty. Not all that efficient, but it will work. If dripping is the goal, I think there are much better options available.

When it comes to multi-part PV's with interchangeability, it's sort of like the chicken vs egg thing. If I put a Boge carto on my eGo-T battery, is it still an eGo-T? And if a tree falls in the forest....

;-)

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
im staying a little confused myself. the ego-t battery will take the ego-t atomizer either AorB. also if you choose to not use the ego-t atty you can use any standard 510 or 306 atty or carto in place of it. as far as i know the ego-t atty will only hold the plastic cart that snaps in. i have a modded ego-t atty that is drippable but got it that way in a trade.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Just to try to clear up some of the generalized confusion:

Battery:ego or ego-t doesn't make much difference, as far as what you can use with it. I THINK all the ego-t batts have the 5-click on/off feature, if they're made by joye. Some, if not all, of the normal ego (non -t) batteries don't have this feature. However, this has nothing to do with what can be used with it.

Atty: ego-t atty is not meant to be used with a normal cart. Requires a tank cart. I've been told that the ego-t atty isn't good for dripping, but no direct experience there. ego xl or 510 atty, dripping should be no problem, although I haven't used an xl atty yet. Just different varieties of 510 atties. My ego does tend to leak a bit on occaision when I'm dripping, but not excessively. I just keep a tissue nearby, and wipe it off if it happens.

Cart/carto: Carts (cartridges) are used with an atty. t or normal cart depends on the atty, and they aren't meant to be interchangeable between the t and non-t. Carto's (cartomizers) are a combination of cartridge and atomizer. So if using a carto, no separate atty is needed. Also, carto's are definately NOT suitable for dripping, as they normally contain filler material. Bypassing the filler material is one of the main points of dripping. Only need a few drops instead of enough to saturate the filler material.

2 piece just means batt+carto. 3 piece is batt+atty+cart. But, the same battery could be used for either.

Mind you, this is all aimed at 510 threaded stuff in general, and ego's (which are 510 threaded) in particular. Just wanted to add this to clarify that when I say such will work with such, it's all talking about 510 stuff. Oh, and although all 510 stuff SHOULD work with an ego batt, not all ego stuff will work with a 510 batt.

2 other points. I have no experience with the 510-t, but have told there are lots of compatibility issues with those, so if you're using a 510-t, disregard most of the above. And, there are charger compatibility issues between normal 510 batts and ego batts, so not mixing chargers/batts is generally a good idea I'd say. That's not true in every case, but is generally a good rule of thumb when first getting started, I think.

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

normajean999

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Washington State
I posted pics of the XL cart and XL atty when I got it in this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ut-ny-new-joye-ego-t-type-b-xl-cartridge.html

I ordered them from Liberty Flights and they are all listed on the same page as all the ego kits and accessories.
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Joye eGo

I don't know if it's 510 but it says it holds more ml than "a standard 510" so I'm pretty sure it must be. The XL atty looks just like the regular atty in appearance and colors to match. The only difference is it doesn't have that plate with the tip to insert the tank into.

I have been able to figure out the dripping. As far as I can tell I just have to inhale much slower to get anything. Also now that my wick is wet I'm not as worried about blowing out the coil.

I've been letting the cart sit upright longer to sock the juice down before inserting it. However these say they'll hold 2ml of juice but that must take a long time to fill because mine seem to get saturated with 1 ml and that is just adding a few drips every so often. So it must take an awful long time to get 2ml absorbed. I have noticed that the strange tingling and burning on my tongue is gone now using the cart or dripping instead of using the tank. I really liked the ease of the tank but I was having a hard time tasting any of the flavors. I was drinking tons of water but it just makes my mouth burn. I kept cleaning out the tip of the tank if fluid got in there but didn't seem to matter. And my husband for the first time says his throat is not killing him now that he's not using the tank. I do not like that nasty burning taste when the cart run dry so you really need to keep them full.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If it were me I would pull out that poly stuffing and use blue foam instead. You can get it a most pet stores and you cut it to fit. It absorbs more juice, doesn't leak unless you over fill and will wick every last drop. You can also order it online but you will pay more. When I used carts I replaced all of them with blue foam. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread