Wild Nicotine Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

chauncy

Aug 18, 2011
amurika
Since I have been using VG / ecigs, etc. I have noticed some VERY strange dreams. Many of them are repeated dreams of things that I would rather not see or do again.

Before I started using ecigs again, I was nicotine / tobacco free for about 4-5 months. I started on ecigs...out of boredom I guess. Ever since (that was about 2-3 months ago) I have been having odd, disturbing dreams of all kinds of subjects.

Sometimes I take Benadryl at night to help me sleep. I have heard that mixing ecigs (or any nicotine) with Benadryl might be the cause of these wierd dreams.

Have any of you been experiencing odd dreams that seem to coincide with your ecig use? I used to smoke and dip and I don't remember anything like this before.

Thanks.

Cadaoryn

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
California: But stuck in Afghan!
Nicotine has been shown to do this in the past. Joe Rogan has talked many times on his podcast about having the craziest dreams wearing a patch while sleeping. I would try lowing the nicotine strength.
And we know joe rogan utilizes other things for wild experiences. haha

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
I've been having weird dreams too lately. Took a nap this afternoon and had one of those inception type dreams. Was strange, got trapped and suffocated in all of them. Then I would wake up, and find myself later on somehow being trapped and suffocated again. Happened three times before I finally woke up. Even when I woke up, I didn't believe I actually did.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow, this is very interesting. I have vivid dreams and go through stages where I have the strangest dreams for months and then nothing for a while then back again. I sometimes have the same dream repeatedly and sometimes with years in between, then it comes back again. Some dreams are very frightening. I always thought it had something to do with my reading, since I read every night of my life before going to sleep... I never thought it was nicotine related, but now I'm wondering.

That's weird i have always had really vivid dreams so I don't know what nic could for dreaming. But that dream inside a dream inside the matrix inside a dream thing that was described is weird. that would be the point i would be freaked out enough to go to the doc for a sleep study. I wouldn't think I was in reality any more at that point. Hope someone does some research into this and sees whats up. Might be a psychological therapy use in the long run if it was used right.

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
This can be a very disturbing phenomenon. I have had it happen in the past when I quit with or without vaping. The brain is amazing and baffling. I work with all kinds of addictions and this is common for every substance. Unfortunately, with cigs quitting involves a lot more chemicals than just nicotine. It is natural for our brains to try to come to terms with the fact it is missing something even if you don't feel you are missing it on a conscious level. If it remains disturbing for you look into information on how to control your dreams. We can redirect what happens in our dreams and regain a sense of control. Or you can do some simple self talk when you wake from an analog dream. Whatever reaffirms your desire to stay analog free. Those two things can help tremendously, plus though it might recur months or years later, it is temporary.

Sorry meant to put this in different thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread