Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thank you, Dee, ByStander, and Vchick! The honor was mutual, ByStander ... and the hug was enjoyed even more by me, Vchick! [I still have dents in my chest from hugging KrisB.:D Or was it she who let me pillow my head?:)]

Yay Don! You went and you obviously had a great time. I hope you got lots of hugs and accolades from everybody, I know if I had been there, I would have hardly left your side.
Dee, you have no idea. I've been wanting to go to one of these things since they started and had high expectations. The actual experience exceeded those expectations. So many different types of experiences: actually meeting the celebrities* ... schmoozing (with so many folks I had known virtually and with those I had had no relationship) ... holding mods I had only read about (it really was a mods convention, although no one poo pooed my fat batts) ... being gifted (by its inventor, Tom, with a VPX Cartomator Tank and by Zen with long "cigarette holder" drip tip for my avatar costume) ... interacting with the suppliers and sampling all the free e-liquid ... a few deeply touching, tearful/joyous moments ... more alcohol than I had consumed since college days ... and on and on.

* I truly was star-struck (initially) with the video personalities. After awhile, however, I found them to be just real (and nice) individuals.​

Many, many hugs – including with a couple people from VF with whom I had been on the outs. [Hell, I even roomed with two VFers.] It was that kind of event.

I did receive many one-on-one accolades ... and a huge group accolade: when I won** the Halloween Costume contest. [I guess I really did look like my avatar.] The wonderful Empire mod prize will always carry an extra-special meaning for me.

** To my ears, the screamed voting really seemed to make it a tie with "MiniMal" (Cheryl from Cherry Vape). We each received a great prize.​

Apologies to Kev (one of the celebrities I was privileged to meet) for derailing his thread.

Last edited:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
BK posted a bunch of photos to her Facebook

316139_295011527192811_100000518996844_1135411_654440404_n.jpg

319102_295011940526103_100000518996844_1135423_349631678_n.jpg

BK and Julie

300933_295014203859210_100000518996844_1135501_542583739_n.jpg

293449_295014243859206_100000518996844_1135502_1544032629_n.jpg

Me using the very cool e-hookah

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
The replays from our Live Vapercon broadcasts are now available for streaming or download! We did a show on Friday and a show on Saturday. Please visit VapersPlace | VP-Live to listen to the shows.

Thanks so much to all of our guests that came on the air!

Friday:

Malicedoll
AngelGirl from Pink Spot Vapor
Amber TheVapeBabe
JD Vorr
Darrin (Pup)
Scott from Nu-Vapor (call in)
Les from Notcigs (call in)
Chris from Cigtechs
Josh from e-Liquid Planet

Saturday:

Cozzicon
The Green
Vapingreek
Jason (iamvapor)
Josh from e-Liquid Planet
Queen in NC
Tara (Vaporchic)
Sara (DizzyAustere)
LillychanRose
Clark (SNjVaper)
Star from BombayVaping
Bish
IkenVape
Bill Godshall from SmokeFree PA
Chris from CherryVape
Vinny Testosteronie
Spikey

Hosts: Kev, Russ, and Jacinda
Producer: Protrex

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
I am assuming that, given this was a vaping event, that most people were freely vaping away - the pictures were excellent.
So, given this is not a typical "mixed crowd" i.e. smokers/nonsmokers, I can't help but be struck by the complete absence of any haze in the room - the air appears clear as if it were a traditional nonsmoking venue. This I think speaks loudly for e-cigs!

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
By the way, if anyone knows the maker of that e-hookah, please apologize to him for me. I think it was him that gave me a pack of cartomizers to use on the hookah. I meant to give him back the pack after taking one, but I ended up talking with him and his friends for a half hour and I accidentally took off with all of them in my pocket.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Thank you, Dee, ByStander, and Vchick! The honor was mutual, ByStander ... and the hug was enjoyed even more by me, Vchick! [I still have dents in my chest from hugging KrisB.:D Or was it she who let me pillow my head?:)]

Dee, you have no idea. I've been wanting to go to one of these things since they started and had high expectations. The actual experience exceeded those expectations. So many different types of experiences: actually meeting the celebrities* ... schmoozing (with so many folks I had known virtually and with those I had had no relationship) ... holding mods I had only read about (it really was a mods convention, although no one poo pooed my fat batts) ... being gifted (by its inventor, Tom, with a VPX Cartomator Tank and by Zen with long "cigarette holder" drip tip for my avatar costume) ... interacting with the suppliers and sampling all the free e-liquid ... a few deeply touching, tearful/joyous moments ... more alcohol than I had consumed since college days ... and on and on.

* I truly was star-struck (initially) with the video personalities. After awhile, however, I found them to be just real (and nice) individuals.​

Many, many hugs – including with a couple people from VF with whom I had been on the outs. [Hell, I even roomed with two VFers.] It was that kind of event.

I did receive many one-on-one accolades ... and a huge group accolade: when I won** the Halloween Costume contest. [I guess I really did look like my avatar.] The wonderful Empire mod prize will always carry an extra-special meaning for me.

** To my ears, the screamed voting really seemed to make it a tie with "MiniMal" (Sherry – I don't know her screen name:(). We each received a great prize.​

Apologies to Kev (one of the celebrities I was privileged to meet) for derailing his thread.
No apology needed Don. It was great to finally meet you. I'm so happy that you won the costume contest. Your costume was fantastic.

p1000010.jpg

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Everyone seems so HAPPY!! Can you imagine the difference if there were equivalent festivals or conventions for people using NRT or similar products?

I can just see it now. Join us at PatchFest!! Misery is included in the admission price.

Actually, NasalSnusFest was really good. A bit messy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread