Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
"Both the development and maintenance of taste buds is dependent on nerve innervation. If the nerve innervating taste buds is cut, the taste buds degenerate, and do not reappear until the nerve reinnervates the tissue. It is not know how the nerve activates taste bud formation, and only specific nerves will regenerate taste buds. Cells within the taste bud have a limited life span of approximately ten days to two weeks. Therefore, new taste cells must continually differentiate to replace dying taste cells, and cells at a variety of different developmental stages are present within a single taste bud. In consequence, the synapses between taste receptor cells and nerves must constantly be remodeled. Several morphologically distinct cells can be distinguished within a single taste bud; these different cell types may represent different stages in the development of a taste cell."
(Excerpted from: The Biological Sciences, State University of New York
at Stony Brook, The Molecular Mechanisms of Taste Transduction and
Taste Bud Development, by Susan McLaughlin, Copyright 2003)
http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/neuro/mclaughlinsk.html

Last edited:

BlueWater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
US Virgin Islands
"Both the development and maintenance of taste buds is dependent on nerve innervation. If the nerve innervating taste buds is cut, the taste buds degenerate, and do not reappear until the nerve reinnervates the tissue. It is not know how the nerve activates taste bud formation, and only specific nerves will regenerate taste buds. Cells within the taste bud have a limited life span of approximately ten days to two weeks. Therefore, new taste cells must continually differentiate to replace dying taste cells, and cells at a variety of different developmental stages are present within a single taste bud. In consequence, the synapses between taste receptor cells and nerves must constantly be remodeled. Several morphologically distinct cells can be distinguished within a single taste bud; these different cell types may represent different stages in the development of a taste cell."

Many thanks, Karen. That's great info. Food tastes just fine though and that's what a lot of folks are saying in those threads so my taste buds aren't totally compromised. I just can't taste the eliquids. Actually they do have some flavor but they all taste the same...kinda like chewing on a cottonball...bleh Guess I'm gonna have to set down the REO for a while. This is gonna be tough!!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Many thanks, Karen. That's great info. Food tastes just fine though and that's what a lot of folks are saying in those threads so my taste buds aren't totally compromised. I just can't taste the eliquids. Actually they do have some flavor but they all taste the same...kinda like chewing on a cottonball...bleh Guess I'm gonna have to set down the REO for a while. This is gonna be tough!!
When I switched to the REO from the KR808 I found that my juices did not have that same taste. I had been using just cartomizers. Then I was using atty's on the REO. All my juice has always been 100% VG. I know it is said that it will cut the flavor.
What I found that worked was making my own juice. I found that 20% flavor would come through just wonderful in the attys.

Jeff, the only other thing I can suggest now is to take a sip of a drink right before you vape. It might at least relieve the cotton mouth feeling. If you have any vanilla or another liquid flavor you could put a little of that in your juice.

BlueWater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
US Virgin Islands
Thanks again, Karen! I very much appreciate your input!

I was wondering if VG might be part of it and I think you've put that worry to rest. It's not the dryness of a cotton ball that I was referring to, it's the taste of a cotton ball!...LOL I think I've just over done it. I've had a REO for what? One week? I've been pounding this puppy and I think I just need to back off some. At least, I hope so!

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I know with atomizers I loose the flavor and just taste atty after just a few hours. If I throw a clean one it it tastes great again for a few more hours. Thats one of the reasons I like cartomizers more now, I can go a few days on not loose the flavor.

I would say try a fresh atty or carto and a different flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread