The FDA and my outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Our health care system is broken from the FDA down to the neighborhood clinic and extending into research and development. I say that having worked in healthcare for years and am currently studying in health care to extend my degree. Remember that just like credit cards, they don't want you so unhealthy you can't pay them nor so healthy you don't need them. Chronic illness and chronic debt keep them rich and us trapped.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I heartily encourage everyone on here to watch Burzinsky its on netflix instant stream, and it confirms what I and many people believe that the FDA doesn't actually hold the health of the american public as its main priority.

You mean...a government run organization that DOESN'T have our best interest at heart??? :?: Surely you jest!! :p

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
No, the FDA has the health of pharmaceutical companies as it's main priority. We currently have the best government money can buy.

I have news for you, that's the farthest thing from the truth.

I'm not sticking up for the FDA in this case but the the FDA and pharmaceutical companies go at it all the time for delaying drugs, not approving drugs. I'm sure big pharm hates the FDA.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Yes and I am also aware of how pharmaceutical companies court doctors, effectively taking over the role or educating our doctors about new drugs. When your doctor offers you a pill consider that the company that makes it probably sent him on a trip to Hawaii to 'learn" about the drug and it's effects. Then go home and use your local library to access peer reviewed studies and research it yourself.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
A lot of the drugs that you see on lawsuits ads on TV are still on the market, they just change one little thing and rename the drug. It costs over a million dollars to get FDA approval, they don't just stop making it once they have paid the FDA. They figure settling lawsuits is cheaper then making a better drug. There is way to much profit loss in removing a drug that is dangerous. Sometimes they keep it on the market by adding more warning labels........

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
It seems to me they only ban sale of pharmaceutical drugs if there is overwhelmingly numerous negative cases against any particular drug. Otherwise I wouldn't see so many class action lawsuits advertised by lawyers on my television.

I'm not talking about ecigs, just the FDA in general. There are no easy solutions.

Even with the rules in place about 230,000 Americans die and 2.3 million spend time in a hospital as a result of adverse reactions to prescription and/or nonprescription drugs. The same side effects also generate annual healthcare costs in excess of $200 billion. Over 50% of all drugs entering the market have a severe adverse reaction that no one knows about other except the drug company. Imagine if there were no regulations.

The FDA doesn't perform the tests- we know this with e-cigs. They rely on drug companies to perform their own tests. Fox in the hen house.

If you want the FDA to perform their own tests, you'd have the expand the FDA. With people screaming about big government, doubtful that will happen. So, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread