RN4081 Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestus

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Deltona, Florida
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue with the RN4081. I just popped in a replacement atty a few days ago, and I have noticed that the thing now likes to turn on on its own frequently, and once it does that, I have to unscrew the battery for a few seconds and re-assemble to get it to work again. At first I though it may have been a battery or atty issue, or even the self-cleaning cycle kicking in, but it has done this now with 2 separate attys and both my batteries and now does it almost constantly versus every so many puffs...any suggestions? :confused:

Last edited:

Crestus

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Deltona, Florida
I believe I already found the solution. It appears that the spare attys I purchased have a tad bit thinner threads on them. I screwed the atty in to the battery real tight and it appears to have solved the problem, but I'm still curious for any feedback on this. I want to make sure that this isn't possibly an underlying problem.

:evil:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I never had that happen. But I've had gone through 3 atomizers in less than 5 weeks. I had 2 reimburst though. I'd replace the battery.

With no additional information, it's hard to pinpoint your atty problem, so I'll tell you my information so you compare. My atty is passing the 4 month mark.

I use only the stock batteries - 3.7v.
My juice is cut with VG, and is very thick.
I don't let my atty overheat.
I never drip directly into the atty.
I never let the atty get dry.

I get the same results on my 401, 510, 901, & 801.

This is only my personal style of vaping. It works for me.

Cheers;
jd

callousparade

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Virginia Tech, VA
i had that problem for a while...

foolishly bought the npro starter kit from njoy... anyway one of my bats did exactly what you described above. I quickly learned that once you noticed that it was stuck on (ie the light didn't turn off when you stopped pulling) if you blew back through the cart (the wrong way obviously) then the light would turn off.

I called them up, told them the problem, and they said it sounded as if smokejuice or something else sticky had leaked into the battery so the vaccum switch would sometimes gum up and stay depressed. they replaced the battery without a problem

hope that helps!

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
With no additional information, it's hard to pinpoint your atty problem, so I'll tell you my information so you compare. My atty is passing the 4 month mark.

I use only the stock batteries - 3.7v.
My juice is cut with VG, and is very thick.
I don't let my atty overheat.
I never drip directly into the atty.
I never let the atty get dry.

I get the same results on my 401, 510, 901, & 801.

This is only my personal style of vaping. It works for me.

Cheers;
jd

I go by those rules too, Jim and my oldest attys are 4 months old in 5 days. But I have to say that lately I've gotten some bad or non working parts. I don't think the DOA ones are going to last me 4 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread