Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Because each coil in the DCC's are 3.2 Ohms each (1.6 in parallel), you will have no problem using them on your eGo battery. I use DCC's on my eGo and Inferno all the time and have never had a problem. On the other hand, a regular 510 battery like a Joye 180 mAh battery wouldn't be a good fit. The DCC's would fire but will most likely damage the battery with any extended use. So....You're good with an eGo but not a regular pen style 510.

Last edited:

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
I just ordered one a few minutes ago. It looks amazing, but is pricey. Still, if it lasts 2+ weeks and works as good as it looks like it could, well worth it.

The DC's are amazing, except I'm always wondering if I need to put more juice in. I don't want to burn the thing out and waste a ton of ejuice sitting in the foam.

If no one else chimes in I guess I'll give my thoughts in a few days when it gets here.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just ordered one a few minutes ago. It looks amazing, but is pricey. Still, if it lasts 2+ weeks and works as good as it looks like it could, well worth it.

The DC's are amazing, except I'm always wondering if I need to put more juice in. I don't want to burn the thing out and waste a ton of ejuice sitting in the foam.

If no one else chimes in I guess I'll give my thoughts in a few days when it gets here.

Pricey ? are you crazy, for $12 you cant buy a tank like this anywhere, that's a great price lrage !

thughes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Layton, Utah

You do know the tank part is reuseable right? All you'll need to replace in the future is the carto which is like 2 bucks max. This is the second cheapest tank I've seen.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
Pricey ? are you crazy, for $12 you cant buy a tank like this anywhere, that's a great price lrage !

For a complete tank system yes. That's why I bought it. But compared to a regular cartomizer it's pricey. If mv starts selling the customized cartomizer individually for a few bucks than the system becomes cheap again as it wouldn't be a disposable $11.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
For a complete tank system yes. That's why I bought it. But compared to a regular cartomizer it's pricey. If mv starts selling the customized cartomizer individually for a few bucks than the system becomes cheap again as it wouldn't be a disposable $11.

Customized cartomizer ? am I missing something here ? Carto's are like dirt cheap

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah. The carto is different and has a flange built on the bottom.

a flange or is it a screw on disk/square washer, thats what it looks like to me Six, are you sure it is different or just has this screw on disc on the bottom to help with leaking if it where to leak and this would help stop that

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Six, I still disagree, not to be smart but the carto looks to me like it only has a small locking washer on the bottom of it for extra protection, I posted in that thread and asked some questions to that guy who is posting, I think any reg 9mm 510 carto will work in this tank !!! You will just have to punch your own hole like all other tanks or you can purchase pre punched cartos from many vendors if you dont have the jig or cant punch your own, but its a very simple thing to do and there are jigs you can buy I have one and they work great, I think any regular size 510 Dual coil will work from Smoktech and some others

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Six, I still disagree, not to be smart but the carto looks to me like it only has a small locking washer on the bottom of it for extra protection, I posted in that thread and asked some questions to that guy who is posting

Well, you may be right. The guy who is posting (Minion2) is a madvapes employee (it says supplier associate under his avatar) so I'm thinking he knows what he's talking about... but I haven't had one in my hands so I can't claim to know anything more than what I've read.

I decided to wait and see. I can't assess the value of a nicely priced tank if the cartos are different than regular ones and not available with a price tag yet. But if the flange is removable and transferable from carto to carto, that would be nice.

EDIT: Well, I'm looking at the pictures and I have a carto in my hands. I don't see what you see, I guess. I can't figure a way that the flange could be separate from the carto.

Anything between where the threads stop at the top and the barrel of the carto would both block the air holes and make it so the carto couldn't thread all the way on a PV and make proper contact. And, if the carto screws in to the flange assembly, then the outside threads would be on the flange assembly and would therefore be larger than the inside threads (the cartos threads) - so that would no longer fit 510.

Last edited:

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
Six, I still disagree, not to be smart but the carto looks to me like it only has a small locking washer on the bottom of it for extra protection, I posted in that thread and asked some questions to that guy who is posting, I think any reg 9mm 510 carto will work in this tank !!! You will just have to punch your own hole like all other tanks or you can purchase pre punched cartos from many vendors if you dont have the jig or cant punch your own, but its a very simple thing to do and there are jigs you can buy I have one and they work great, I think any regular size 510 Dual coil will work from Smoktech and some others

Tying this back to what I posted earlier. While I don't doubt I can go to lowes and buy something, and shove it in my vice and use ..... punch, I'm not interested in doing that. I'm not the "hobby e-cig guy". Some are, that's totally cool. I'm one of the ones that just want plug-n-play stuff. So if mv or someone else starts selling cartos that work perfectly with the tank, I'll be ecstatic. As is, it'll be an $11 carto that I'm willing to throw money at because of the added convenience of the tank system. When it burns out I'll just save the tank in anticipation of cartos becoming available. Or maybe someone else will find that the Smok's without the flange work just fine and all's good in the world. Not sure. But for right now it's an $11 carto to me with room to grow in the future.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Tying this back to what I posted earlier. While I don't doubt I can go to lowes and buy something, and shove it in my vice and use ..... punch, I'm not interested in doing that. I'm not the "hobby e-cig guy". Some are, that's totally cool. I'm one of the ones that just want plug-n-play stuff. So if mv or someone else starts selling cartos that work perfectly with the tank, I'll be ecstatic. As is, it'll be an $11 carto that I'm willing to throw money at because of the added convenience of the tank system. When it burns out I'll just save the tank in anticipation of cartos becoming available. Or maybe someone else will find that the Smok's without the flange work just fine and all's good in the world. Not sure. But for right now it's an $11 carto to me with room to grow in the future.

Dude, many of people punch there own cartos ! in fact thousands do it who have and use tanks !

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Well, you may be right. The guy who is posting (Minion2) is a madvapes employee (it says supplier associate under his avatar) so I'm thinking he knows what he's talking about... but I haven't had one in my hands so I can't claim to know anything more than what I've read.

I decided to wait and see. I can't assess the value of a nicely priced tank if the cartos are different than regular ones and not available with a price tag yet. But if the flange is removable and transferable from carto to carto, that would be nice.

EDIT: Well, I'm looking at the pictures and I have a carto in my hands. I don't see what you see, I guess. I can't figure a way that the flange could be separate from the carto.

Anything between where the threads stop at the top and the barrel of the carto would both block the air holes and make it so the carto couldn't thread all the way on a PV and make proper contact. And, if the carto screws in to the flange assembly, then the outside threads would be on the flange assembly and would therefore be larger than the inside threads (the cartos threads) - so that would no longer fit 510.

Six I dont have one of these but if that flange is only like 1/64, 1/32 or anything less then the space in between the bottom of the carto and the space before where the holes start it will be ok, that flange is so thin and threads onto 510 threads of a DC Carto it would work on any carto, There is a 1/8 space from the bottom of the carto tube to where the air holes start, and this is where I am thinking this thin flange sits. I dont have one of these yet and I saw the guy is a supplier assoc, so time will tell, I am going to email mad vapes and see what Hoggie says

Edit; looking at the picture a bit closer it looks to me like that thin metal flange on the bottom of the carto is "let in " to the bottom grommet Six, just for added leak protection, I still think a regular Smoktech DC Carto should work and not leak since they are all a 9mm tube, I also heard it has a tripple O-Ring in the bottom ( dont know if that is true or not ) but even if it had a single O-Ring of the proper size it shouldn't leak. I do like the way the flange is "let in" to help prevent leaking though, but I dont think it will leak without it, other tanks dont leak and dont have this. Added protection is a good thing though and I like the idea either way. Time will tell as people get them, I'm waiting on an email I sent to madvapes to get the answers, will post when I get them or maybe Hogie will post before hand to clear this up for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread