What happens if shipments get seized by Customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good question and thread. I wanted to ask this same question, but I was going to ask Ruyan Direct by e-mail. I'll see what the consensus on here is first since I am sure someone has already found the answer before me.

What happens is they send you a registed letter in the mail to pick it up and when you do they haul you off to jail. lol....

.....(inside joke) - that likely everyone knows by now. :)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Haven't had a china shipment seized by customs yet, nor have they even PASSED through customs. Probably because the manufacturer I'm now buying through sends it by international courier dispatch in a sealed courier envelope. It is a bit more expensive than standard shipping, but it gets to you much quicker and not even as much as a look at by customs.

I can tell it never even went through customs because the envelope was still sealed, and there is no way to not fix it if you open it, plus the tracking for the package never once mentioned customs. Package was a bit banged up when it arrived, but the seal was intact.

Nice to have a known good manufacturer if the FDA decides to blow their wads.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
The vendor I use promises to replace or refund the order. I've had 3 or 4 orders go through customs with no problems so far.

Quoted directly from the site:
"We have not Customs' problem, and normally, you do not have to pay any customs duty, If your parcel is stopped by Customs or you can not receive it, we would like to free re-ship it again, or refund the money ( minus the shipping cost) to you."

None of my packages was opened before delivery, if any had been opened it would be very obvious.

The responsibility is with the vendor until it is in my hands for any order from anywhere.

Last edited:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
The vendor I use promises to replace or refund the order. I've had 3 or 4 orders go through customs with no problems so far.

"We have not Customs' problem, and normally, you do not have to pay any customs duty, If your parcel is stopped by Customs or you can not receive it, we would like to free re-ship it again, or refund the money ( minus the shipping cost) to you."

None of my packages was opened before delivery, if any had been opened it would be very obvious.

The responsibility is with the vendor until it is in my hands for any order from anywhere.
the problem being if it just sits and sits in customs.........

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Last edited:

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Well if it is coming EMS/USPS I was informed by my Customs broker that my 2 packages are in the hands of FDA. If they find that my items are illegal in the USA then they will be destroyed.

Also if you are paying with Paypal or using Discover card or America Express for payment, good luck with a charge back against a China seller.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA

Just so you understand, they will reship or refund if Chinese Customs returns the order to them. It happened to me twice, and they reshipped it under a new tracking number.

If US Customs seizes your order, your out of luck. You loose. Period.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Just so you understand, they will reship or refund if Chinese Customs returns the order to them. It happened to me twice, and they reshipped it under a new tracking number.

If US Customs seizes your order, your out of luck. You loose. Period.

Not me pal! I'll just drive out to JFK and DEMAND I get my shipment of the bubblewrap football. It's a collectors item. Then later sue them for damaging it! :pervy:

Last edited:

Kobayashi

Mar 5, 2009
If you product get stopped at customs in most cases it just gets sent back to the seller. Usually at sellers cost.
As far as you thinking that they dont see whats in your package just because it doesnt look opened is because they use all different type of automated xray and radio active detectors before it gets in your hands. thats why the packages always arrived all beat up.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Well there are several of us that have packages stopped and held by FDA/Customs USPS.. And I have been informed THEY WILL NOT SHIP THEM BACK. I know UPS and DHL have sent items back before, but so far USPS and Customs isnt doing it

If you product get stopped at customs in most cases it just gets sent back to the seller. Usually at sellers cost.
As far as you thinking that they dont see whats in your package just because it doesnt look opened is because they use all different type of automated xray and radio active detectors before it gets in your hands. thats why the packages always arrived all beat up.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Well, ok. Lets hope the FDA isn't watching my back

:p

BestEcig-Newest Mini E-cigarette|E-cigarette|wholesale e-liquid

You just gotta be careful what you say in here, especially since the FDA has this big, raging, FDA approved ...... filled erection to ban these things altogether. I will put my money on the bet they have people monitor this forum. :nah:

I appreciate your candidness and understand your wariness, though I'm quite sure that if/when the FDA ban goes into effect, they're already going to know all the suppliers from other sources (save for a few independent operators) without having to find them here. Thank you though. :) Will definitely be looking into BestEcig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread