Kicked Reo Grand & 18490?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
So I have noticed that some other unnamed companies are releasing the "kicked by evolv" drop in device. I currently have a REO mini that I modded to fit an 18490, and a Provari that switch to and from often. Basically I love the Provari for its capability to run at 4.6v on my 2.1 ohm cartomizers, but I would die at work if I couldn't carry around my REO with the juice feeder. With this new module though I was wonder if finally I could combine the two worlds and have a REO grand with variable watt, long battery life, large juice reserve, and of course the wonderful design of a REO mod.

P.S. I looked into the VV Woodville, but I am not a fan of the bulky wooden design I would much prefer the sleek metallic aesthetic.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
From what I have heard about the Kick, if and when you can get your hands on one, yes this will be the Variable Wattage answer for any 18650 devise, including the REO Grand and just about any mod.

I had a REO Woodville and it is not the block of wood you imagine. Very lightweight (perhaps lighter than the Grand in some woods) and not that much bigger than the grand, though not as slick as the Grand for sure. The only problem I had with the one that I had is that someone had used it with some strange juice and it always smelled like playdough! I guess the woods hold smells more than the metal, so that's another plus to the Grand. So if you ever get a porus wood mod, get it new!

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
If I understand correctly, The Kick will contact the positive pole of the battery and the body of the mod will be the contact for the ground. So the Grand should be good to go, but a Woodvil would require some modding.

Edit: The anodizing would probably have to be removed at the location where The Kick touches to complete the ground. I think. :ohmy:

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
You'd have to use a smaller battery to compensate for the Kick, wouldn't you?

I would think that the batt would have to be smaller, how much smaller I don't know but since I always carry 1 extra batt anyway a small price to pay for a VV device. I currently get about 6 to 7 hours on my 18650 taking 4 to 6 second drags, and I vape about 3 to 4 ml per 18650.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Don't understand what "to the side of the mod" actually means. Thanks.

The Kick is being designed for metal tube mods that accept 18650 batteries and use the body of the mod for the ground. You would use an IMR 18490 or an IRC 18500 battery with The Kick resting on the positive pole of the battery. I'm guessing The Kick will have some kind of metal surface on the side that is meant to be in continuous contact with the body of the mod to complete the ground. In a Reo Grand, that would be the inside wall near where the top of the battery is mounted.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Brendan, one of the partners at Evolv, was on Vape TV today. I asked how many mil would an18500 battery be able to vape through. Although there are no definitive figures the host, who has been using the Kick, figured about 2.5 ml at 10watts.

Prototype 2 I think is being sent out in a few days. The grounding spring has been modified alog with a few other minor changes. Apparently feedback has been positive from the beta testers.

Brendan was fairly sure the price would be about $45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread