Travel and Vaping Ryanair permitting and selling e-cigs on flights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
As long as there is a £ or € in it , Michael O'Leary will sell your Granny for you .

Keef, you are correct, he will do anything for a buck. Glad to see this but I will never be on a Ryanair flight!
This will all be interesting to see with Air Canada Banning e-cigs from carry-on.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I know a lot of people call Ryanair everything, but I have a soft spot for them: many years ago, I used to have to go to Ireland 3 or 4 times a year. At that time, the only options for flying were either BA or Aer Lingus.... which really meant that there wasn't any option, because it was sooooooo expensive, meaning a tedious drive and ferry and more driving! Along came Ryanair - cheap prices - flying now feasible!

These days, the two airports I tend to fly to most are City of Derry in NI and Limoges in France: both small airports. Guess which airline flies to both of these destinations from Stanstead (only 30-40 mins from me)?

They have saved me hundreds of hours and hundred of pounds over the years, and now I can vape on their aircraft, so they are OK by me! :D

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I know a lot of people call Ryanair everything, but I have a soft spot for them: many years ago, I used to have to go to Ireland 3 or 4 times a year. At that time, the only options for flying were either BA or Aer Lingus.... which really meant that there wasn't any option, because it was sooooooo expensive, meaning a tedious drive and ferry and more driving! Along came Ryanair - cheap prices - flying now feasible!

These days, the two airports I tend to fly to most are City of Derry in NI and Limoges in France: both small airports. Guess which airline flies to both of these destinations from Stanstead (only 30-40 mins from me)?

They have saved me hundreds of hours and hundred of pounds over the years, and now I can vape on their aircraft, so they are OK by me! :D

Angela, I should be more clear, for business I would never fly them, but you are correct you can fly dirt cheap on them.

Wow! Good on them! Now if we could just import some of that sensibility to the states...

Im trying bud, I really am... Ive talked with countless execs at my airline regarding PV's, all I can get outta em is "We're looking into it"

I wont give up though!

Safe Travels!

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Ordered coffee and mineral water.
Handed over a 100SEK note worth about £8-9.
Started drinking it, they wandered off and my partner said excuse me the change.
They just shrugged and said no change on this flight.
Offered to pay in £ sterling they said you cant as flight is coming from sweden everything is charged in kroner.
According to them they dont carry SEK swedish Kroner on the Gothenburg to uk flights as the flight goes on to elsewhere in Europe and not back to Gothenburg.

It was only £2-3 but they really should tell you before you start consuming the stuff.
You do that to each passenger and it soon mounts up.

I expect to pay through the nose for stuff on flights but that is taking the pi$$
Not amused, wont ever order any refreshments from them again.

I do feel sorry for the cabin staff see the first 2 posts here....
A message from cabin crew | I Hate Ryanair

Ordered coffee and mineral water.
Handed over a 100SEK note worth about £8-9.
Started drinking it, they wandered off and my partner said excuse me the change.
They just shrugged and said no change on this flight.
Offered to pay in £ sterling they said you cant as flight is coming from sweden everything is charged in kroner.
According to them they dont carry SEK swedish Kroner on the Gothenburg to uk flights as the flight goes on to elsewhere in Europe and not back to Gothenburg.

It was only £2-3 but they really should tell you before you start consuming the stuff.
You do that to each passenger and it soon mounts up.

I expect to pay through the nose for stuff on flights but that is taking the pi$$
Not amused, wont ever order any refreshments from them again.

I do feel sorry for the cabin staff see the first 2 posts here....
A message from cabin crew | I Hate Ryanair

Im sorry for your experience flying RyanAir. Although I am NOT an employee for RyanAir, I work for an airline called Ryan International an am often confused with RyanAir cabin crew.

I feel pity for the cabin crew with Ryan Air, as I myself have dealt with the stigma in Hotels and airports, as being seen as a RyanAir crew member. The gentlmen that posted the "I hate RyanAir" article is not lying. I have been treated so badly, only to see that all change when I say, "No mam, I work for Ryan International" ITs like the attitude was erased.

The cabin crew on your flight should indeed have given you proper explanation as to their pricing strategy, and issue with change BEFORE offering you your beverages. This boils down to improper management skills and a lack of training on the Cabin Managers part.

Even though its not the cabin employees rules that were made, they all know how ludicrous those rules are, and should be used to telling passengers all the info upfront to avoid an issue at this point.

From a flight attendant to a fellow passenger, I hope your time in the skies is a much more enjoyable experience next time!

Safe Travels!

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
I flew right after I started vaping. I got an American Airlines flight and ASKED the agent at boarding if electronic cigarette use was allowed on the plane and she looked at me like I was nuts and said she had no idea what I was talking about. I get on the plane and low and behold it stated specifically in the back of their inflight magazine that electronic cigarettes are NOT an approved electronic device and their use in flight was prohibited. AND then, they lost my luggage... with all of my supplies in it... for two days... yeah, they are boycotted in my house! US Airways didn't have anything in the back of their mag and I vaped right in my seat, very inconspicously, and no one said a thing.

Sandrita

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have seen these devices before on a Ryan Air flight. They are not your conventional e cig. For a start they do not light up or produce vapor. This is I assume is not to confuse other passengers. Instead they are more like a nicotine inhaler that looks like a long white piece of plastic! I am sure they useful for some people and I agree its a start but I don'y think it is quite what you would call an e cig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread