Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Some methods are
Colored cartos, paint pens, colored map or dot stickers, labelmaker labels, hand-printed labels, colored orthodontic rubberbands, colored carto endcaps from SmokelessImage

I also don't fill a lot of cartos. The juice/carto can get stale tasting if you make lots and rarely vape them. I never ever use cartomizers to test juices. I use a drip tip and atomizer on a sealed manual battery. Only my 2 main juices get cartos plus a 2-3 alternate flavors (and those flavors are usually different enough from each other that a simple color dot or color carto or colored end cap will remind me what each is - like orange means peach, red or pink means cherry or raspberry and I won't have cartos of both, tan means RY4).

Last edited:

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I have used several methods

1 is stickers or even the tiny colored dots from the stationary section
the one I use now is wrap it in electrical tape with varying # of strips and sizes. I went to this bc the paper on cartos eventually comes off and needed an insulator as well so I would not burn my lip.I make sure whatever I do I use the same thing on my refill bottles.
they sell duct tape now in different colors and patterns. I actually plan to get some soon and use that to wrap my cartos and put a patch of it on my bottles.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
A drip tip is a small usually plastic or aluminum tip that has a slightly larger hole in it mainly used for dripping juice straight on the atomizer, the atomizer, or atty, is the piece that goes in the middle, if you are using cartridges, that actually heats up and creates the vapor. Most people use cartomizers, or cartos, which have the atomizer built in, easier to use and holds more juice, but will still use the atomizer without the cartridge but with the drip tip for testing flavors before they fill a carto. Oh, and I use a p-touch label maker and just put a small label on the carto.

On a side note Sandy, I was raised in Chicago, moved down here about 15 yrs ago. I Love Chicago and miss it a lot :). Oh, and my fav beach close by was The Indiana Dunes. Is it still there? heheh

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Here is how I do mine, foil stickers cut into letters or shapes. bnrk eciglabels2 001.jpg

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I have, the Kgo e-cigarette http://www.somybox.com/images/v/201103/13002785690.jpg

There is a little cartridge and I think it is the atomizer. Those are already pre-filled with something. Can I clean them and re-use them to drip juices on so I can test them out? I'll get some drip tips too.

Balth, I think that beach is still there -- I'm up north though. Chicago is a beautiful city, I love it too. But I am sure where you live is great :)

Sandy

Last edited:

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Don't worry about the questions, that's what we all live for in here LOL. And I like trying to answer, now that I (think) know some of the answers :)
If it's 3 piece, then it would have a battery, screwed to that would be the atomizer, and then pushed into that is the cartridge, which holds the juice. If it's 2 piece, the battery, then screwed into that is a longer piece which holds the juice and atomizer in one, that's the cartomizer.
If you have the 3 piece, then the atty is what you would put the drip tip on in place of the cartridge. This is where you would put a drop or two for tasting, right down the drip tip onto the atty. Does this help at all?
You can also google e-cig difference between 2 piece and 3 piece, or atomizer vs cartomizer, and get a better picture.
And the cartos, or cartomizers, I just top off before they get too low, and when they start to have less vapor or flavor or TH, then you can clean them, or at around $2 a piece, you can toss and start with a new one. I have been getting 1 to 2 weeks out of my dual coil cartos, so I think I got my $2 worth. Any more questions don't hesitate.

Balth

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Balth, I do understand, thank you! I have both the 2-piece and the 3-piece. So I have cartomizers that I ordered separately, but the Kgo came with the atomizer and cartridge. I get it now. I will replace the cartridge with a drip tip, and drip directly onto the atomizer to test the new flavors, right? How many drops do you use to test a new flavor?

Natalia, those are cool, thanks!

Last edited:

xhuffer

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
SoCal
I have a Dymo Label Writer at work. I print a label with the tank info for the composition of the juice. I also label all my batts & attys with the purchase date. I label my mixing bottles with the contents & nic %. These are address size labels so I print a lot of info using a 9 point font on a single label & then cut it up so I can label numerous items with a single label.
Vape on!

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I use colored end-caps from Smokeless Image then dot the juice label to match the color of the end-cap for each carto.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Multicolor End Caps - 5 Pack - Accessories

Wow! You learn something new every day! I haven't seen these before! I wish these had been around when I first started up. I've pretty much used most of the methods mentioned here. Over time I've collected several varieties of drip tips which I use on cartomizers. I use the color of the drip tip to help me keep track of the flavor in the carto.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
ok, use the colored caps on the carto, and the colored bands on the bottle, and....oh wait, are they the same colors, bands and end caps? if not, it could get confusing LOL. All kidding aside, Sandy, just 1 or 2 drops, wait a minute or so, and vape, should get a few good vapes out of it, but when it starts to taste burned, stop, or you will burn out the atty. and you should get a good taste, and know if it's a keeper. When you fill the carto and vape, it probably won't be exactly the same, but most of the time I find it's better. Just my opinion, of course :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread