Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
So I was talking with a non-vaping/non-smoking friend of mine yesterday and the topic of custom pipes came up. He offered to carve me a custom pipe to make a PV out of. I love Matt's from epipes, but could never really afford to get me one, so this sounds like a great idea. Anyway, we talked about size and what not and settled on a shape. I am going to use the connection from an old dead ego, an 18350, and possibly a new switch unless I can find a way to use the one from the ego. So that leads to my question/cry for guidance.

I have a very basic understanding of electronics and am fairly proficient with soldering iron, but I am not sure exactly how everything should be wired up. Anyone willing to offer up a diagram or point me to a similar mod tutorial...

Thoughts, comments, and anything that may help is greatly appreciated. I hope to chronicle the build on this thread as it goes on... :laugh:

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Bump - Been looking at different mods and their battery setups. Am a tad bit disappointed no one has offered any feedback. Not sure if its loyalty to Matt and epipemods and the thought I may be some sort of threat. I assure you I am not. I don't have the time, resources or know how, not to mention Matt is an artist and his pipes are exquisite. (Did I spell that right?)

Anyway, my friends has started carving, and I continue to research circuits and sketch ideas. I am thinking it will have an eGO connection, touch switch, and be powered by an 18350... Will hopefully be adding some pictures as I progress, and as always feedback, suggestions and comments are appreciated...

Last edited:

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Here are a few pics so far....

pipe002a.jpg pipe002.jpg pipe003.jpg pipe0001.jpg

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I have been thinking of putting an epipe together (for personal use) as well, I am tempted to try my first touch switch mod at the same time, I am thinking it would be easier to use the jazz cartopipe drilled side hole for the positive contact than making a full separate cap like epipemods do.

Probably be a month before I get around to it I am currently shopping pipes for one with a large enough bowl for an 18350 and a thick enough wall I can run a very small brass screw or rod for the current (oh and something cheap so I can mess up one before I get it right) Probably try putting the button on the stem doing the solder before I push everything into the body....

anyway good luck with yours hope you put out a great DIY guide before I get started :laugh:

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
The only epipe ive seen with a touch switch is Raidy's Dream pipe you may want to message him for a diag. Otherwise a Mech switch would be very easy with a bottle cap.

Been trying to get my head around a mechanical switch, but for some reason it is eluding me. Would you be willing to sketch something up for me? It truly is driving me mad, and since I am not carving the pipe myself I don't have it to experiment with..,

Thanks!!

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
Been trying to get my head around a mechanical switch, but for some reason it is eluding me. Would you be willing to sketch something up for me? It truly is driving me mad, and since I am not carving the pipe myself I don't have it to experiment with..,

Thanks!!

I've been wondering how the manual switch would work too, a diagram would be of great value.

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Pseudus, ive been keeping an eye on this thread and agree with your battery choice and the rest. For the switch, where do you want it and which finger should fire it?

sent from my HTC genisis using Tapatalk

The switch would be preferably mechanical and on top the bowl like Matt's are. It seems to me the most comfortable and logical place. You just press down and the battery makes contact...but I confuse myself, sleeve, no sleeve... I am thinking the battery would be inverted... Hell, I don't know lol.

totaltechsvc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
www.cravinvapes.com

Thanks!!

I have a couple 18350's and some parts to play with. What are your current dimensions of the bowl and stem and at what measurements does the stem meet the bowl?

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Can give you this info tomorrow. I know the ID of the hole is 1" and should have been 3/4"... I also know that currently the hole is not deep enough and we have at least another 1/2"-3/4" we could drill. My buddy needs to pick up the correct drill bit so we were waiting.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread