Best 510 type battery Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissa G.

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Kansas City MO
www.myspace.com
I quit smoking the day I got my first pv, I know I like my 510 the best (so far). I am ready to move up to a longer lasting battery. I am always on the go, and yes I have a pcc and passthrough but I would be so much happier not having to carry so much stuff with me, switching batteries every hour.

I vape A LOT. I chain smoked for years and use my PV with low nic as a pacifier. I need something to last longer but am worried about the higher volts on some of the mods being to strong for me. The new Protégé from Puresmoker will be perfect I am sure, but of course I want something NOW. Would a Janty stick be comparable to a 510? maybe with the 901 adapter? I would get one now and wait for the 510 adapter to come out if you think it would work for me.

Sadly, I lack the skills to make one, will end up buying a few I am sure, just want to know which one would be good to start with, ease of use and all that. Just trying to figure out the next step up, any suggestions?
If you love the 510, have been there, done that and have happily moved on to something else I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Lissa

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA
Thanks Minna,
About how long will the battery last on that? And where did you get one?

Hi Lissa,
I got my first one from another member on the forum. I ordered the second one directly from Trog since Totally Wicked and TECC don't currently stock the 801 version.

I put a newly charged battery in in the morning and switch it out in the evening depending on how much I use it. I use it a lot!;)

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I have 3 pv's so far.. 901, 510, 801.
I ended up ordering a 510 Prodigy over the SD because 510 is my fav.
There is also a Silver bullet and Adaptever mod's that have 510 adapters for them.
The screwdriver would be in the running for me if they had 510 but since they don't I went with the Prodigy because imo it's the most versatile in that it can run 3.7/ 5v/6v with 2 different batts and 2 switches. If I want to use my 901 or 801 I just swap adapters. ( the Silver bullet and adaptever also have different adapters )
Nhaler is coming out with one supposedly this week and there is also a T1 I believe.
Many many choices for us 510 peeps.

http://www.adaptever.com/main.sc;jsessionid=3E17886FA20FF1CFBC39843106E71DC3.qscstrfrnt02

http://www.altsmoke.com/silverbullet-8.html

http://www.puresmoker.com/product_p/prod510.htm

Last edited:

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I quit smoking the day I got my first pv, I know I like my 510 the best (so far). I am ready to move up to a longer lasting battery. I am always on the go, and yes I have a pcc and passthrough but I would be so much happier not having to carry so much stuff with me, switching batteries every hour.

I vape A LOT. I chain smoked for years and use my PV with low nic as a pacifier. I need something to last longer but am worried about the higher volts on some of the mods being to strong for me. The new Protégé from Puresmoker will be perfect I am sure, but of course I want something NOW. Would a Janty stick be comparable to a 510? maybe with the 901 adapter? I would get one now and wait for the 510 adapter to come out if you think it would work for me.

Sadly, I lack the skills to make one, will end up buying a few I am sure, just want to know which one would be good to start with, ease of use and all that. Just trying to figure out the next step up, any suggestions?
If you love the 510, have been there, done that and have happily moved on to something else I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Lissa

You might as well look at all of them. If you stick with the 510, I would suggest the 3.7v battery types if they work with the 510 which the Screwdriver doesn't unless you can find an adapter. If you switch to the bigger 801 atomizer I would suggest going with 5-6 volts which means the Prodigy, GG or one of the LV's. Here are the links:

The Big Seven in Long Battery Life Manual Switch PV’s:

Screwdriver: ecigscrewdriver.com
The Black Screwdriver Kit / Totally Wicked eLiquid / Electronic Cigarette e-liquid shop
Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!
GG: THE GG
JantyStick: Janty USA
LV/ZiMoshi:Personal Vaporizers : Hardass Vapor Shop
Super T: Super T, Innovative manufacturer of Personal Vaporizer products.
AdapteverR: http://www.adaptever.com/main.sc

Lissa G.

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Kansas City MO
www.myspace.com
THANK YOU, for all the links! There is just so much info on the forums you can get lost in it without help lol. I knew other 510 lovers would have some great ideas. Anyone with a prodigy know if it is hard to put it all together? I don't think I am ready for anything complicated yet. :) going to look into the SD some more now.....510 adapter YEAH

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
THANK YOU, for all the links! There is just so much info on the forums you can get lost in it without help lol. I knew other 510 lovers would have some great ideas. Anyone with a prodigy know if it is hard to put it all together? I don't think I am ready for anything complicated yet. :) going to look into the SD some more now.....510 adapter YEAH

I have the Prodigy. All you do is drop in the batteries, screw on the atomizer and start vaping. You can get the screw on adapter for the 801, 901, 510 atomizers so you could vape with all three if you wanted to. Battery compartment is sealed of course, so no worry about dripping and liquid getting into the batteries. The batteries cost about $2.90 each - much cheaper than 510 batteries and they last about 5-6 hours on a charge and supposidly can be recharged at least 2000 times.

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
personally i would go with a janty stick. the batts ususally last a good 3hrs (vs 1hr with the 510) and they currently havent released their 510 adapter but its coming, and besides you get more than enough hit with the 801 attys. oh yeah and they give you this cool lil leather belt holder thinge, it can hold two extra batts. oh and i forgot the 6 month warranty. and oh yeah the JS is much smaller than it looks in most pics. it fits nicley in your hand.
there were a few issues with the initial release of the JS but they since released a V2 and replaced any V1s upon request. good stuff. good stuff.

---------edit---------
srry for the jumble, tried to keep it to a minimum but the swine flu really takes a toll on the brain too. oi oi oi, flu sucks. hahaha "oi oi oi" can turn anthing into a punk song. oi

Last edited:

Brent

Jul 16, 2009
I have 3 pv's so far.. 901, 510, 801.
I ended up ordering a 510 Prodigy over the SD because 510 is my fav.
There is also a Silver bullet and Adaptever mod's that have 510 adapters for them.
The screwdriver would be in the running for me if they had 510 but since they don't I went with the Prodigy because imo it's the most versatile in that it can run 3.7/ 5v/6v with 2 different batts and 2 switches. If I want to use my 901 or 801 I just swap adapters. ( the Silver bullet and adaptever also have different adapters )
Nhaler is coming out with one supposedly this week and there is also a T1 I believe.
Many many choices for us 510 peeps.

I have the AdapteveR and it works GREAT with the 510 atomizer & cartridge. I like the fact that you can get an adapter to use the 901 (and soon the 801 as well, and a extension to use different battery configurations is in the works as well). I especially like how well-made and durable that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread