How long do your atomizers/cartomizers actually last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

11spidey11

Nov 20, 2011
Canada
Now that ive gotten my equipment in... ive been wondering...just how long do these atomizers and cartomizers last you guys? Right now i am using dual coil cartomizers and a 510 atomizer...on the way i have a 306 LR and normal resistance atomizers, as well as EGO-T LR and normal resistance atomizers with tanks. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Ridgerunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
WI
There is a big difference between suppliers and manufacturers. I like the cartos that puresmoker sells but I recently ordered from crystal clear vaping because I have heard good things about their cartos. I usually get > than a week out of each carto. My wife uses atomizers and it is common for her to go 3weeks to a month or more before it dies. This is without cleaning them or other maintenance.

Last edited:

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
When tanked, my cartos last over a month, and that's not "perform well for being a month old", I mean I can kill a 30ml bottle of juice with a single carto & almost every hit up until the last one is excellent. I think I may be a few weeks away from 2 months on one I've been running PinkSpot USA Menthol Blend in, & it tastes and hits perfect. Boge's & SmokTech's both do really well in tanks, all coils & resistances.

I have a few CE2's in Acorn tanks & they last just as long. I even ran some of PinkSpot's Peanut Butter Cup (really thick & dark juice) in one & besides a cleaning/dry burn, I just filled it up again before Thanksgiving & it tastes just like it was new.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I rarely use atomizers. I only use them to try new juices and drip a couple that are thicker than I will put in cartomizers. I use a Boge 510 carto (SR) and a KR808D-1 carto (Bloog or V4L WOW) and alternate vaping them (I carry both models). I run about 1-1.25 ml through each of them per day and get 14+ days use out of the KR8 carto and 21+ out of the Boge. I'm using very clear thin juices so I don't get buildup of flavoring sediment or thick VG. My juices are PG w/ 20% or less VG.

My few atomizers are standard resistance, lowest is 2.5ohms, and I haven't killed one yet. But they degrade despite my attempts to keep them clean.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
...a better way to express life span of a carto/atty is not # o daze used but rather amount of juice used...I get about 30ml thru a 1.7ohm Resurrector or a lrBoge2.0 before the taste/draw get off and then replace.............
madjack:2cool:

Agreed

Atomizers I get about 1 week or about 70 ml through before they really need to be cleaned and I have never had a cleaned atty that performed deciently so I use cartos.
Most cartos I average about 4 days (20 ML) before they start to get clogged up or the draw becomes to tight. I've also found if I change juices on a carto that seems to hasten the issue.

And just for clarification in case anyone questions my math when I did use attys I only used 1 device and vaped about 10 ml a day. Reciently I started using 2 different PV's 1 for each juice I like. I average about 5ml through each PV a day.

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
Haven't popped an atomizer yet. I have some Joye SR and a few of their LR 1.8 ohms. Now kind of stuck on a 306 LR for direct dripping. I love the hit and vapor production is off the chart.

I tend to be really proactive with my 306 cause I really want this to last a long time. Every night, before bed, I'll flush it with hot tap water for 2 minutes, blow as much water as I can out, let it dry overnight. Next morning I prime with 4 drops and start vaping.

Even after a 2 months of hard use direct dripping, my 306 ohm's out exactly as if new (1.8 ohms). I just don't let the crud accumulate. So far so good.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, most of my juices (diy and bought) I dilute 5% with Vodka. Maybe that lessens the chance of hard deposits.

Last edited:

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
i use boge low resistance 2.0 cartomizers (exclusively) on several different 808 batt's.

i typically am able to get 10ml or more out of one carto. after about 10ml i usually just pitch em. probly don't have to as i've never hit the "burnt" stage with a carto but i just feel better knowing i get a fresh one every week. Keep in mind i top my carto's off often, like ever half hour or so. i'm not a real heavy vapor though. I mean my friends and family think i am and honestly i feel like i am as my 808 is always getting hit lol, but after i came on here and heard about people that vape 6ml's or more a day i guess i'm not all that heavy of a vaper.

so about a week or 10ml for me, whichever comes first.

btw, that makes the price of my habit under $10 per week :) ALOT better than $35 or more every week when compared with analogs

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I use the Ressurectors from CCV and get normally aboout 2-3 weeks out of one carto. My longest i used one for was about six weeks and prob put at least 60ml thru it.

What juice you use will def affect how long the carto lasts. Clear thin juices will normally make them last longer than thick darker juices. Juices with sediments I feel clog cartos the quickest. I normally only get around a week or so with a juice I use that has flavor sediments.

Make sure you fill them correctly too because that will help make them last longer. I use a syringe to fill my cartos but there are other ways to fill also, like the condom method and dripping into the top. If you use big cartos I think a syringe is def the quickest and easiest way.

Yzer, you can clean the Ressurectors but you dont necessarily have to. SOmetimes when you clean cartos they dont wick as well and the dont hold as much juice. I just designate one carto for each juice I use. If you fill them right, dont let them get dry and take care of them some you can def get your moneys worth without cleaning them. Give it a try though, see how it works out. Make sure you really let them dry completely.

11spidey, what PV are you using and what ohm dual coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread