Reviews: TONIC Minthia, Silver Leaf Menthol, and Fire & Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
Shipping/Packaging:

It's the holiday season, so shipping companies are starting to come to a crawl. The package was shipped from one state over and took over a week. This is not the fault of PureSmoker by any means, but stalking the mailman for a full week was starting to get stressful. lol.

The packaging is, honestly, not that professional. The bottles are typical plastic drip bottles, but they lack the childproof caps that other companies use. Not a big deal. The labels on the bottles are kind of unprofessional. They are simple return address labels with text printed on them from what appears to be a home printer that was running out of ink and stuck on in a haphazard, crooked fashion. I'm not sure if this is just for the 6ml bottle size, but some sort of professional-looking labels with the company logo on them would make them look more commercial and less "garage-based business." If PureSmoker and the TONIC line didn't have such an outstanding reputation here on ECF, I would have been hesitant to use these liquids based on their appearance alone. (See edit below!)

The package did include a little PureSmoker matchbook with information printed on it about smoking being bad and e-cigs being a wonderful alternative. I thought that was neat.

Liquids:

To test these juices, I used my Modern Vapor LUX with a 902 SS atty and a homemade drip tip (regular cart mouthpiece with a larger hole drilled, very classy!). All liquids are 1.6% nicotine.

Minthia - 6/10
Clear as water and nearly as thin. On the inhale, the throat hit is pretty good and, considering there is absolutely zero flavor, the TH is the only thing letting you know that you're getting any vapor. Plenty of vapor on the exhale and you get a mild cooling sensation as well. The menthol in Minthia is quite mild. From what I had read, I expected it to be quite a bit stronger. Overall, Minthia isn't bad at all. My biggest gripe with it is the fact that there is not even the slightest amount of flavor to it. I half expected a hint of the minty flavor I've found in every other menthol liquid, but Minthia really is a 100% no-flavor mild-menthol liquid. It's perfect for those who dislike the minty taste in most other "pure" menthol juices. I'll be hanging onto this liquid, either as a backup if my juice stash ever runs low or possibly as a mixer. It might also come in handy if I get a cold and my other juices start to taste funny. lol.

Silver Leaf Menthol - 7.5/10
Color is similar to a light apple juice; very thin liquid. On the inhale, the throat hit is outstanding. TH really reminds me of smoking a full flavor menthol analog. The menthol is very apparent and quite pleasant. Definitely a cooling menthol. Flavor is good, much like a menthol analog on the inhale. On the exhale, however, it kind of has a cologne-y taste to it. It's not overpowering and mine may just need to steep for a week or two, but it's really not that noticeable after a few draws. Vapor production is good and carries that cologne-y smell to it. My wife walked in the room after a few puffs and asked if I had bought a new cologne. lol. It kind of reminds me of Old Spice. I will be adding this liquid into my menthol rotation and might order more in the future.

Fire & Ice - 10/10
Wow. Just... WOW! The color is a light yellow, similar to cooking oil you'd find in a kitchen. Just like the others, it's nice and thin as far as viscosity goes. When you open the bottle, your senses are immediately hit by the smell of cinnamon candy. When you draw in Fire & Ice, it's hard to tell if you're using an e-cigarette or if you've just put a handful of Red Hots candy in your mouth. The menthol kicks in with the throat hit, which is absolutely subperb. On the exhale, menthol takes the front seat and the cinnamon flavor comes out as a pleasant undertone. If you can't imagine what I'm describing, take a shot of cinnamon liquor and snort an Altoid; it's just like that! (I'm joking, please do not actually snort an Altoid) This liquid is a very welcome change of pace from what I've been trying lately. I'm about to take advantage of the PureSmoker Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale and pick up a nice, huge bottle of this stuff. I can't tell yet if I will be able to use this as an all-day liquid, but I will definitely be using it very, very often!

EDIT: I have been informed that the homemade labels are only on the 6ml samplers. The 15ml and 30ml bottles have child proof caps and nice, professional labeling. Don't let the appearance of the 6ml bottles put you off, PureSmoke is a great company and the TONIC liquids are top-notch!

Last edited:

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
WARNING: Fire & Ice may render your entire juice stash useless! It's been 48 hours and now that I'm out of Fire & Ice, I have to go back to my other liquids and they just don't compare. My (old) favorite menthol just doesn't seem to do the job anymore and everything else just tastes so... so... un-Fire & Ice-like. lol

I ordered more yesterday. Hurry up, mailman! Please, hurry!

Fantastic job! Would love to see you do some more! Thanks so much
Thanks! I'll do more reviews as I receive more liquids. I have a handful of High Caliber samplers that I haven't finished, but I've learned that I'm strictly a menthol guy (as I was with analogs) so I don't think I can really give a fair review to any of the dessert or fruit flavors I've experimented with. I ordered the TONIC Peachy Menthol along with my big bottle of Fire & Ice yesterday. I'll review that and add it to this list once it arrives. :)

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
Ugh... Go figure, the day my Peachy Menthol and big bottle of Fire & Ice arrive, I wake up sick as a dog and everything tastes very "off" right now. :(

Funny this happened, though, since I said in my review of Minthia that it would be perfect for mixing or when you're sick and everything tastes bad. lol. I've been happily using it all evening.

Review of Peachy Menthol is coming as soon as I get my tastebuds back!

Oh, and the glass 15ml/30ml bottles that TONIC liquids come in are absolutely beautiful. They're very high quality, the child proof caps are awesome, and the labels look like something you'd expect to see on super high-end products. Very, very classy. I'm kind of afraid to keep them in my storage box with my other stuff because I don't want to mess them up. They're just so pretty. lol. Night and day difference from the samplers. :)

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
Well, you have convinced me to order Fire and Ice.. should be here tomorrow!
You will not regret it. Just do yourself a favor and designate an atty/carto/whatever for it. The cinnamon taste will carry over after switching flavors for a good three days and might not mix well.

BTW it sounds like you may enjoy BWB E-Joker... (Good luck buying it though lol... always sold out)
Oh, c'mon man... I just convinced myself to stop buying stuff for a while and wait to see what Santa brings and then you go and bring that up. Of course, I went and read the reviews and now I just have to try it. My bank account needs a break, dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread