Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
The Reo Grand is supposed to be well made. Mine died in under 30 days. I paid alot to get high voltage bottom feeder that I though was well buit and well serviced. I chose a Reo Grand. It was one of the bigest mistakes that I have made. It is supposed to last a life time but mine died in less then 30 days. It was not from a user error. It was a problem with the mod.
The atty that supposedly shorted the Reo works fine on my Darwin. When I added that info to this thread it got deleted. Think that it was not the attys fault that the Reo shorted is important information. Today is the 5th day that I tried to contact him for a warrantee repair. I emailed him through the site and even sent a pm. The maker has other forum posting activity so is not on vacation.
I really like HV on a bottom feeder. Think my options are a Sarge VV and a GLV 3. Any reports on customer service on them? They both seem like they provide excellent customer service but I thought Reo did so any feed back will be great.
In an industry that has great customer service it is surprising that the Reo people sold me a lemon and have been ignoring me. Evolv, Madvapes, Goodprophets, Vixen Vapors, Vermillion River, Virgin Vapors and many others are companies that have amazing customer service thanks.
If I don't get this resolved by the end of the week I am going to send this POS back to them and try to reveres charges. That is the correct way to deal with it right? It is a worthless lemon that broke with in 30 days of use.
I highly advise everyone not to get a Reo. The customer service is terrible, the mod breaks for no reason. There are alternatives. Avoid my pain and frustration.

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
Thats very odd. Rob always returned my emails quick. I just bought a grand for myself and one for my sis. We will probably use them at 3.7 volts tho. Are you pm him or emailing him? I'd shoot a pm to Rhapsodies Fire too. I'm sure he will fix it for you. No way so many could be so happy with their reos and the company be terrible. Sorry no way

Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I pmed and emailed him. Just heard back now. Hope it was just a lemon. But strange that it took 5 days since I first tried contacting him to hear back. Going to send the mod back. Hopefully it there will all work out. I will update with the info. Lots of happy people with their Reo.

Last edited:

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
It's hard to believe that it broke that quickly and that Rob wasn't quick to respond. I had mine for a solid year with no trouble. Until I finally buggered up the atty threads. I sent it in and Rob had it turned around in a day and shipped back. Works just great again. At 1 point I had used an unprotected battery and the spring collapsed as it should and I replaced it. These things are so simple I can't imagine what would fail. No wires or electronics. Not even a conventional button.
And I think the "REO people" are just Rob. A very busy 1 man shop. I could be wrong, though. But I'm sure he'll take care of you.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hope it was just a lemon. But strange that it took 5 days since I first tried contacting him to hear back.

Hi Aaron,
I'm glad to hear you got contacted and it worked out. I just went through an issue with Puresmoker with a Prodigy they sent me that was DOA, and had a bit of a difficult time getting it straightened out with them even though I had done some extensive testing with a voltmeter, and pretty much determined in the first 24 hours that the issue was in the adaptor.

Both of these companies have excellent customer service histories. I think we should both write it off to it being the holidays and we should give both a pass. They are both clearly two outstanding suppliers that provide top shelf mods.

Not sure who was more aggravated, you because you spent a ton of cash, or me because I'm a noob, and had nothing to vape on until I got mine fixed. If I had a Provari to fall back on, my thing might still be going on.

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
Backups, backups, backups. I bought a cheap MadVapes box mod for just the kind of instance when I sent in my REO. Also have a passthrough and am on the lookout for a VV mod. Always multiple cartomizers and atomizers if they run out. And never let the juice run down to less than a couple of ounces. Until such time as I can run into a convenience store and pickup what I need in an instant I'll try and keep many backups of everything on hand.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
My first "real" mod was a Reo and I'm going to have one again some day. Solid mod - Sold it and I've missed it. Sorry that you had some trouble but have heard that Rob is pretty responsive w/ problems. Make sure to go to Reo's Lounge too - some real nice folks there who know their Reos like nobody's business. GL w/ the repair. +1 on backups.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I don't know if there is a busy-er vendor than Rob. He is a one man show and probably the most successful one man show here. His work speaks for itself, but he is not immortal.
It's been known that it's hard to buy a Reo as they are so popular.
I can understand your frustration if he was slow to get back to you, but if you want feedback, it will all be good from hundreds maybe thousands of Reo users.
The metal REO is made to last; yours must have been a glitch. It happens.
I am a Provari fan myself, and I have 2. Both have been serviced for a glitch... still a fan.
And yes; back ups always

braxy29

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wow, i am sorry to hear that you have had a rough time of it. i love my reo's, but they are not totally infallible; i've goofed up springs with a bad atomizer on two different occasions. the first i sent in for a repair, but i just now called him to get more springs so i can fix it myself and he answered and spoke with me immediately. honestly, i don't know how the man does it all.

hopefully you will get it sorted out. if not, then perhaps the reo's are not for you. they have a ton of fans, but not everyone has a good experience with everything all the time.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have purchased 6 Reos from Rob's website. I never felt like I was jumping through hoops. I did not always get my first color/wood choice, but I did get the type I wanted. Rob has also been great at answering questions. I have two Grands I have to send back probably for spring replacement. However the Grand I am currently using has been put through the mill and just keeps on working.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I have purchased 6 Reos from Rob's website. I never felt like I was jumping through hoops. I did not always get my first color/wood choice, but I did get the type I wanted. Rob has also been great at answering questions. I have two Grands I have to send back probably for spring replacement. However the Grand I am currently using has been put through the mill and just keeps on working.
That is great. Just maybe a strange week. Used to evolv contacting me back within a hour. I got the reo because I heard things about that. Just upset that I didn't hear back from Rob after contacting him 5 days and the mod broke in less then 30 days. I hope everything can be worked out. Just use to great service like Vixen sending me flavor because they heard the juice the juice was not strong enough for me, MadVapes replacing a tank that melted on me the first week, and Clouds of Vapor sending the right mg juice I ordered with no question asked each time they make the mistake. So, I would like to be proven wrong. I hope it all works out. Hearing stories of someone so happy they got 6 of them really gives me hope. Thanks.

MikeDeason

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto
I bought one of the original Wood REO's.

Used it hard for over 6 months and then I broke the neg battery spring by trying to force a too large batt in the holder.

Sent it to Rob (REO) and he repaired it for FREE and return shipped it for FREE.

Now I have the REO Grand almost a year and never a problem.

My advice is PATIENCE.

You will get taken care of.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
wasup aarony, ya rob at REO literally is a one man show, and to add to it... he supposedly lives in the isolated boonies,lol

so i really do think its not that he ignored your email, but jus never got to it. i started with the REO and he really did go out of his way to make sure every customer of his is satisfied... he really prides himself on this, and if theres something wrong, he "will" fix it. ive seen this myself in the REO forums more times than i can count, so jus emphasizing that im not jus tryin to repeat what i "heard" bout his customer service

glad he eventually got back to ya, im pretty sure thats his only fault as a vendor (one man show == prob slower than other vendors)

let us know how it works out, cheers

Last edited:

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
I have bought 2 reo grands from Rob now. They are amazing mods. He is a 1-man show and every unit is produced by him. He wants to make sure every single unit is up to his standards. He must spend countless hours on them, especially the wood mods. They are 1 of, if not THE most sought-after mod, especially among bottom feeders. He produces them in batches so every kind of unit will not always be in stock. The waiting is the opportunity cost we pay in order to obtain a specialty item. This is not a mass-produced product, nor should it be.

Sometimes, a certain atty or carto will short the unit, causing the spring to collapse. And good thing it does, as it is a safety feature of the Reos. There are so many products and accessories out there, and sometimes there will be compatibility issues. No device is perfect or the "end all, be all." That is something I have come to understand in my vaping journey over the last year.

If you go to the Reo Mods forum in ECF, there is a sticky thread dedicated to updated product information so you can see which units will be available and when. They will go fast. There isn't any "jumping through hoops," only patiently waiting for him to finish his masterpieces. Rob will do whatever is necessary in order to make sure you are 100% satisfied. That is the kind of person you want to do business with. IMO, these devices are head and shoulders above the rest, with respect to the style of vaping I do.

Also, I suggest keeping the rant to a minimum or mum at least until the issue has been completely resolved. I understand that emotion caused by initial reaction can cause even the best of us to go off on something/someone, especially with the availability of the internet, but be patient. I am sure your situation will be resolved quickly and effectively.

Cheers.

Last edited:

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Understand your frustration, no-one likes to get the exception but this is what happened to you. Of course your ...... but I can assure you that for every exception their are hundreds of satisfied customers, this still doesn't help you. When Rob makes things right, as he most certainly will, you will then and only then know what a great product he makes. I have never owned a product that exceeded expectations that were unrealistic to begin with. Your problem will be fixed and then please post what you think of your Reo. That would be fair.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
This is Rob's reply to you on 11/22/2011 in the thread you started in the Reo subforum:

You may only need a new spring follow the link
http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9

Your welcome to send it to me I can look it over and make sure that is all it is

You could have ordered a replacement spring or sent it to Rob for a checkup. Your Reo came with his business card that has his address.

I think your gripe is that he didn't hold your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread