How many "hits" equal smoking a cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Your going to get 50 diffrent answers to this. First off you only absorb about 30% ish of the nic from vapeing. Second it is slower to enter your blood stream than smoke. and third your actual level of nic intake is going to change over time with the exact same juice becouse at first you are trying to hit it like a cig. over time you adjust to how to properly "vape" and end up actually retaining more nic per puff just from learning to vape it more efficiently. And lastly your Voltage of the Battery, and Resistance of the Carto/Atty are going to deliver vastly diffrent ammounts of nic from one device to another. For instance on my Ego battery With a Boge 2.0 i was vapeing 18-24mg. My provari at high voltage i had to drop down to 6! i was getting nic headaches from higher levels.

Last edited:

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
I looked this up last night myself, this is what I found. Again I did not write this.
Again this varies but most people use between 1 and 5ml per day. I suggest you work on 2ml a day as a basic requirement.

To work the exact comparison the following may be used.

1 box of 20 cigarettes equals 20mg nicotine (number x strength)
1ml of 18mg e-liquid equals 18mg nicotine (amount x strength)

Each drop of e-liquid will last for approximately 7 puffs, so 2 drops is roughly equal to 1 cigarette (14 puffs).
There are approximately 20 drops per ml of e-liquid.

The nicotine strength of cigarettes is the amount actually absorbed by the body.
The nicotine strength of e-liquid is the total amount of nicotine per ml of liquid.
The absorption rate of nicotine inhaled from e-liquid is still in debate (some say its as low as 10%) but 50% is generally used as a guide figure.

So 40 drops (or 2ml) of 18mg e-liquid is about the same as 1 pack of twenty cigarettes. (5ml of 18mg = 50 cigarettes. 30ml of 18mg = 300 cigarettes)

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I looked this up last night myself, this is what I found. Again I did not write this.
Again this varies but most people use between 1 and 5ml per day. I suggest you work on 2ml a day as a basic requirement.

To work the exact comparison the following may be used.

1 box of 20 cigarettes equals 20mg nicotine (number x strength)
1ml of 18mg e-liquid equals 18mg nicotine (amount x strength)

Each drop of e-liquid will last for approximately 7 puffs, so 2 drops is roughly equal to 1 cigarette (14 puffs).
There are approximately 20 drops per ml of e-liquid.

The nicotine strength of cigarettes is the amount actually absorbed by the body.
The nicotine strength of e-liquid is the total amount of nicotine per ml of liquid.
The absorption rate of nicotine inhaled from e-liquid is still in debate (some say its as low as 10%) but 50% is generally used as a guide figure.

So 40 drops (or 2ml) of 18mg e-liquid is about the same as 1 pack of twenty cigarettes. (5ml of 18mg = 50 cigarettes. 30ml of 18mg = 300 cigarettes)

Terri, thanks! That makes sense, actually. So, 2 drops, or one atty = about 1 cigarette.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...actually, I get about 5 puffs for 2-3 drops, so if a ciggy is 15 puffs...then 6-9 drops = 1 ciggy...you can figure this from so many directions until blue in the face and finally realize, there is no direct correlation to smoking ciggies...if you get dizzy/flush/headachey you have taken in too much nic...if not, you haven't............
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread