Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am in my kitchen right now making gooey butter cake. Something I have never made before I vaped a sample of it from kick bass vapor. I loved it so much I have ordered the flavor from DIY flavor shack and am now waiting on a juice from vapalicious so I can have my very own lil gbc showdown:) my point being I have been inspired by a juice. So I got to thinking about ALL the things I have gotten into since I started vaping

1) I have started making my own tips which has introduced me to sculpey
2) I am starting to make my own juices which has introduced me to all sorts of flavors and combinations I may have never found otherwise
3) I have bought things to make my own mod, so now I will have to learn to solder and drill ( something I have never done)
4) and I still find it a bit comical that as I type this I have a box mod, a battery charger and my very own multimeter at my side
5) I am a member on a forum that is more addicitng than Facebook ever was for me, and I have friends I have never met who have sent me items in the mail!!
As early as February of this year none of these things existed in my life, and now I don't know what I would do without alot of them.

So....my question is what has vaping inspired U to do that u til u started was not a part of your life??

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I quit smoking and my kitchen cabinets are full of bottles, graduated cylinders, droppers, syringes, and various chemistry paraphernalia.

My work table is covered with parts to make mods

My car cup holder and ashtray and full of spent cartomizers, atomizers, and empty bottles

I have a charging station on my kitchen counter to charge various batteries (inside of a metal toolbox with a co2 canister ready to extinguish any flame that trips the valve)

Just the normal stuff

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I read this thread and figured my responses would be the same as everyone else.

Then I thought about it and realized that no, vaping has changed my life drastically...
--I no longer trust the FDA as far as I can throw them
--I no longer trust the ALA, ACS, AMA, AHA, or any other "non-profit" health organizations
--I have come to realize that Big Pharma is now a bigger threat to all of us than Big Tobacco
--I have come to understand that we are just pawns in a game of money for the sake of money
--I have come to understand that those that represent us in government do not represent us at all
--And I have come to understand that we must stand tall and fight

Looking back I can't believe how naive I was all my life.
The truth is ugly, but it can still set you free.

Sorry for being a downer, and I wish I really hadn't learned all that I have learned.
But once something is learned, it can not be unlearned.
:(

So I guess my answer to this question is that vaping has undoubtedly inspired me to become MUCH more politically active.
And to question every piece of information I am fed by all those that would feed me information.

I even went out and bought a tinfoil hat!!
:toast:

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I have to say, agreeing with DC2 while I already had a flimsy tinfoil hat with a heart full of naivety hoping establishments like the FDA actually cared about us, being a vaporer now its like a huge flashing red light. They could give a poo if you die a painful, slow death if it earns them just an extra dime. With that, It's inspiring me to become more political. I plan on making a rough draft this week of a letter to e-mail and mail as many politicians as I can, with as many stamps as I can afford, signed a Member of the CASAA. Then do it again. I hope other's follow suit, this is our right to vape on the line. This has barley become popular and "they"(BT, BP, FDA) want to stamp out what could actully make them money as well if they get their heads out of their nether regions. /rant *takes off tinfoil hat*

On a more general note, vaping has gotten me to care more about my health. It inspires me to push myself harder when I work out. Today, for the first time in my life I almost ran a whole lap on a quarter mile track. I never in my wildest dreams thought that was possible for me. I'm not a runner, I'm terrible at it but I like a challenge and I've really surprised myself. If I was still smoking this would of never happened I have no doubt.

I've always been a bit of a messy disorganized person my whole life. Even when I was a kid. The last 5 years I was a smoker it got worse. I felt "dirty" like I didn't deserve to be clean because of the smokes. Strange, but something I'm realizing. Not being so stinky, I find myself cleaning more now like it has purpose it didn't before.

sammy43

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Vaping has inspired me to spend more time with my wife. We both have our things/hobbies that we do separately but vaping is something we have done together. She is a TV kinda gal and I am simply not a TV dude. I love my fish aquariums but she just likes watching the fish occasionally. But with vaping, we spend time together tasting new flavors, deciding on new toys to purchase, filling tanks on our eGo-C and I even showed her how to dry burn attys. LOL! :wub:

Maybe we will have an extra 10 years or more together because of moving away from the analogs? :)

Pharein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
New Zealand
Vaping has inspired me to change the lives of other smokers closest to me. My family, my friends, my work colleagues.

And even though I'm relatively new to this I feel a responsibility to further the cause, so to speak. I do this by vaping openly wherever I can (although that has got me in a few sticky situations) and being as open as possible to those who approach me/are interested in what I'm doing.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
thanks to e-cigs i have been inspired to open a e-cig store front / lounge here locally in Houston =D

Oh man! I would love to open a vaping lounge/store in LA/Hoolywood. I live up north now, but all my family lives down there and my DH (dear husband) always talks about moving back down there. He wants to get back into the film biz. He use to work behind the scenes (for 7 years) years ago and really misses it. I think it would be huge down there. :)

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
Quitting has inspired me to lose weight, walk my dog, spend more time with my family and help others that want to quit. I haven't been this happy in a very long time. Smoking made me lazy and miserable. For something that I "had" to have when I was stressed out it sure didn't help. It's funny but I think they depressed me more than helped me. Now I'm doing more, happier and I'm in school. Life couldn't get any better for me right now. Later is a different story LOL

Stormie :angel:

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I have also converted about 3 smokers, it's an amazing feeling to be able to share vaping with ppl who still smoke. This is not something I ever would do with my cigs. I always had a sense of shame when I smoked, I don't feel that with vaping. Even tho we don't know the long term of it, it's a great feeling to give someone an alternative to patches, gum and chantix.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
I have definately decided to be more pro-active about my right to choose what goes in my body. I'll be damned if the FDA is going to take this away from me.

That's why i started a new thread for everyone to look at about joining CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

Let's not lose this guys. Time to stand up and fight and not just run to the store and buy the pack of analogs like they want us to!

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
O also on another note my gooey butter cake turned out wonderful! If u have never made one u should try it, so easy and so so good! I get now where the juices come from and how it is supposed to taste! It's amazing to me that vaping has introduced me to new things in cooking, my analogs didn't do that! All I had to do with that was add salt all the time because I couldn't taste anything!!

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Maybe we will have an extra 10 years or more together because of moving away from the analogs? :)

Because sharing a hobby has brought you closer or because now you won't die as soon? Both, I guess.

And to DC2 my only real surprise is that it took vaping to figure that all out. That said, tin foil hats are rarely, if ever, the right choice either.

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Still confused since for the majority of my life I have been a smoker. My whole life had been wrapped up in that and i'm still trying to sort it all out. What I have noticed so far…

- Getting involved in an organization (CASAA) and actually caring about something outside my family
- Rediscovering old hobbies, have been making a gift for a friend and have noticed that I enjoy it more since I am not frequently having to take breaks
- Finding an online social thing I actually like (ECF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread