Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
If you want a physical presence, the FDA's TPSAC (tobacco regulation panel) will be holding public meetings on dissolvable tobacco on (I believe) January 18 and 20th in southern Maryland. You're both probably within reasonable driving distance.

PM me specifics and I'll be there.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
I'm in. Bought a big battery mod recently, so I can stand out for quite a while without a recharge :vapor:

If you can truly commit yourself, sign up to give public comments about the legal and regulatory aspects of dissolvable tobacco. Ask for 4 minutes to represent yourself as an individual. Because dissolvable tobacco and e-cigarettes are similarly non-hazardous, the themes overlap.

That will actually make a big difference in the fight.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
P. Effect is CASAA or any other group submitting anything via written submission that you are aware of?

Public Participation Information:

Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.

• Written submissions may be made to the contact person on or before January 4, 2012. Please send 20 paper copies, and one electronic copy, of your submission to:

Caryn Cohen, M.S.
Office of Science
Center for Tobacco Products
Food and Drug Administration
9200 Corporate Blvd.
Rockville, MD 20850

Copies must be received by 4 p.m. (Eastern) on January 4, 2012.

• Oral presentations from the public will be scheduled between approximately
3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on January 19, 2012. Those individuals interested in making formal oral presentations should notify the contact person and submit a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation on or before December 27, 2011.

Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session. The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by December 28, 2011.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
to get as many of us together as we can, and go stand in front of the FDA offices holding signs that say "Why do you want me dead?" Maybe have my son and daughter holding signs that say "Why do you want my Daddy dead?" #occupythe FDA

You are dealing with a vicious, ruthless and truth-less bunch of people. We are going to have to "up" our game significantly if we expect even the smallest results.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
"Upping" the game actually means hiring detectives instead of attorneys ... the only way to bring giants down nowadays is to get the public to see they are doing something the public doesn't like. And the something really has nothing to do with anything that matters ... but it eventually leads there.

Want to up the game and win? Play that game. :laugh:

Accidentally sent when I sat on my phone.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
to get as many of us together as we can, and go stand in front of the FDA offices holding signs that say "Why do you want me dead?" Maybe have my son and daughter holding signs that say "Why do you want my Daddy dead?" #occupythe FDA
I'm tempted all the time, and I keep trying to think of the best way to do it.

But to get any real attention, it has to be orchestrated, with people all over the country participating.
I have no idea what the best place would be do this to get the needed attention though.

I keep thinking maybe just have people meet and with signs in front of the local newspaper office?

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I would totally be down to make signs along the lines of "FDA Why Do You Want Me Dead?" , "FDA AND BIG PHARMA SITTIN IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G" "FDA HOW IS CHANTIX THAT HAS KILLED PEOPLE OKAY, BUT E-CIGG BAD?" ect ect

What I'm really curious about is the whole government petion thing most of us signed that needed 5,000 signatures by such and such a date.. Was there ever a response to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread