Tattoo Design Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Ok folks, I have been REALLY wanting another tattoo for a while now, but never could decide on a design that I wanted badly enough to actually get it. SO, Ive decided to have a small contest. Winner will be chosen by me, based solely on what I feel is the best design.

1st prize will be a $25 gift certificate to Copper Creek. I found Copper Creek by accident a few months back, and havent purchased juice anywhere else since. The owner, our very own FlyingV, has given me her blessing to hold this contest using her products as prizes.

2nd prize will be a 15mL bottle of any flavored juice from Copper Creek. This winner will be based on the most likes for a given design.

Now, here's what I am looking for:

I would like to see something that reflects my background in the US NAVY. I was an an Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Surface Warfare. I would love to see something that incorporates Navy elements as well as a healthy dose of patriotism. All I ask is that the submitted design is as unique as possible. I really dont want to see your submission from something that I can find on Google. Unlimited submissions allowed.

Please note, that once the winner is chosen, I reserve the right to use the artwork as a tattoo design and are not the property of the artist.

I will choose the winner January 1st, before midnight EST. But reserve the right to extend it, depending on the responses to this contest. Like if people are getting really close to what Im looking for, but havent quite gotten it, I will more than likely extend it.

Ok all you artsy folks out there! Lets see what you can do!!!!

Last edited:

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I think this one would be great in Black with shades of gray.
nswc-300x297.gif

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Are you looking for something done in black or colors ?
If the artwork looks good with black, I have no problems using it, but would prefer colors.

This one is good as well. You could have the artist alter it with the rank you were at.
u-us-navy-e6-electronics-technician-white-rating-badge-20326.jpg
That crossed my mind years ago! The idea was to keep adding a stripe with every rank advancement, but I went and got my left shoulder tat'd with something else. Navy rank is on the left arm, so, chevrons arent an option anymore.

***Please remember, I am looking for something original and unique! The couple ideas posted so far are good ideas, but not quite what Im looking for. I know I am being very vauge on what I AM looking for, but I would like to see as many ideas as possible, using the adage, No Idea is a Bad Idea.

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Okay, first off, don't be laughing like I am ! :laugh::laugh: Believe it or not, I used to be a good artist. :blink: After some cataract surgeries and 3 surgeries on my hands, I can now see the results. Yup, I'm no longer much good at this. :((must be why I haven't done any artwork in a while huh ?) But, I did take the time to post it because if you wanted it, you can hopefully find a clever tattoo person to fix it up ! :unsure: This is just for ideas anyways right ? Here ya go and good luck in your quest for the perfect tattoo. I'm Proud to have you served us all in the Navy. I Salute You !
tatoosketch.jpg

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
How large a design are you considering - and where are you planning on getting it? A large backpiece leaves a lot more design space with greater detail work than would, say, an upper arm tat, so it'd help to know.
I would like to get something that covers the whole shoulder and a large part of the upper arm. Whatever size you feel you need to get the detail you want, go for it. The tat artist will adjust the size as needed.

Okay, first off, don't be laughing like I am ! :laugh::laugh: Believe it or not, I used to be a good artist. :blink: After some cataract surgeries and 3 surgeries on my hands, I can now see the results. Yup, I'm no longer much good at this. :((must be why I haven't done any artwork in a while huh ?) But, I did take the time to post it because if you wanted it, you can hopefully find a clever tattoo person to fix it up ! :unsure: This is just for ideas anyways right ? Here ya go and good luck in your quest for the perfect tattoo. I'm Proud to have you served us all in the Navy. I Salute You !

No laughing from me! If you dont think you are good at this, Id love to see something you DO think your good at! That looks great!

And yes, Im just looking for good ideas right now. But if the winner's artwork is good enough, there wont be any more looking.

DubMajnoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Harlem, Georgia

AF here, so I don't know most of your pins/patches. However, if the Eagle is sitting on the SW pin, how about a flag behind him, and your rate design in between his wings. Sorry, I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it.... just an idea. That way you have all elements in there.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
AF here, so I don't know most of your pins/patches. However, if the Eagle is sitting on the SW pin, how about a flag behind him, and your rate design in between his wings. Sorry, I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it.... just an idea. That way you have all elements in there.
:) Yes, I agree. A flag behind him would look great. I was going to do that but by the time I had gotten that far, my hands were hurting. (carpal tunnel nerve damage) But the red, white, and blue would help it a ton :) Feel free to have that added :smokie:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
No laughing from me! If you dont think you are good at this, Id love to see something you DO think your good at! That looks great!
:laugh: Before my injuries and almost blindness, you would have seen every detail in there. Every line in the feathers etc. It's the way I painted. Realistic. And I wasn't satisfied unless it looked real. That's what I meant :)

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
:) Yes, I agree. A flag behind him would look great. I was going to do that but by the time I had gotten that far, my hands were hurting. (carpal tunnel nerve damage) But the red, white, and blue would help it a ton :) Feel free to have that added :smokie:
I hate to hear someone with as much talent as that hurts that much doing it... If you want to do some touch ups and/or additions, take your time. I dont want anyone hurting for something as silly as a tat that they arent doing for themselves. Youve got plenty of time!!!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I hate to hear someone with as much talent as that hurts that much doing it... If you want to do some touch ups and/or additions, take your time. I dont want anyone hurting for something as silly as a tat that they arent doing for themselves. Youve got plenty of time!!!
:glare: Oh just temp me why don't cha.....:laugh::laugh::laugh: Just when ya thought you'd be rid of me...I may return :laugh::laugh::laugh: yup :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread