Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
1) The HH-357 is hands down the most fantastic atomizer available anywhere in the solar system.

2) Boge 2Ω cartomizers at 3.7 volts is pretty much useless to me now :( (And I used to love them)

3) Boge 3Ω cartomizers at 6 volts is the only way to get my carto fix now.

4) A quick vodka swish every 3 days is all the cleaning they need for my juice and style.

5) They have made me realize blind squonking is the only way to go (with any atty)

6) They made my 18490 Woodvils a mind blowing vape machine.

7) Made me wish I had kept at least one of my Minis .... Yea, 3.7v is useful again :)

8) If my REO doesn't have an HH-357 1.5Ω atty on top it better be running at 6v.

9) Re-read #1 then rinse and repeat.

10) I need more more more ...... I wish I could cough up 500 bucks and buy 20 of them !!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Tim :)

I am inclined to agree...mine has been abused a bit more...and I only have the one. I'm taking a different approach which is if it aint broke...don't mess with it. I blow it out when I flood it and run alcohol through it if it feels "sticky" but I've only done that twice in 2 months. And one of those times, it was because I had burned it dry for about 10 minutes or so before realizing it.

The blind squonk method is all I use now regardless of what atty or carto I use...tho, honestly...I'm not really interested in using anything else. I'm kind of sad because I really liked my LR306s and now I think I don't :( I wish I had more of these...:)

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Mudflap, if you cant get it acting right do yourself a favor and tell avid about it. They will take care of you. After all you paid 22 bucks for it, it better give you your money's worth. Still using my original two. Thursday I will be trying my hand at making a reo friendly rebuildable atty with the gut of a 357. Will let y'all know if I get anywhere on it.

Sent from my Apple II. What?! I keeps it old school!

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
1) The HH-357 is hands down the most fantastic atomizer available anywhere in the solar system.

2) Boge 2Ω cartomizers at 3.7 volts is pretty much useless to me now :( (And I used to love them)

3) Boge 3Ω cartomizers at 6 volts is the only way to get my carto fix now.

4) A quick vodka swish every 3 days is all the cleaning they need for my juice and style.

5) They have made me realize blind squonking is the only way to go (with any atty)

6) They made my 18490 Woodvils a mind blowing vape machine.

7) Made me wish I had kept at least one of my Minis .... Yea, 3.7v is useful again :)

8) If my REO doesn't have an HH-357 1.5Ω atty on top it better be running at 6v.

9) Re-read #1 then rinse and repeat.

10) I need more more more ...... I wish I could cough up 500 bucks and buy 20 of them !!

Been dying to try one but I like to vape long slow hits and have been lead to believe that the 357 is meant for and works best with short quick 2-3 second hits. Did you have to change the way you vape and is this true?? Also, how easy it to change flavors with the 357? Thanks.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I finally killed my 1st one after over 3 months of abuse.

My 2nd one acted weird around day three, so it's taking a prolonged alcohol bath. I'm gonna have the blues if I can't rehab the second one. I don't have any others. :shock:

I spoke too soon. I threw it in an alcohol bath with some other attys and blew it out and it fired! Weird stuff. I metered that sucker when it quit working and it was dead. It's now sitting in a carto condom full of e-juice. Maybe it will work when I get around to trying it again.

munkey

Apr 3, 2011
Louisville
Been dying to try one but I like to vape long slow hits and have been lead to believe that the 357 is meant for and works best with short quick 2-3 second hits. Did you have to change the way you vape and is this true?? Also, how easy it to change flavors with the 357? Thanks.
I have been practicing on the HH357 lately and the inhale technique is definitely important. It will burn, splatter, and overall leave you with a bad taste if you don't give it sufficient suction to continue drawing juice into it. It took me many, many days to realize that it wasn't the juice or the configuration that was giving me trouble as much as my failure to vape it aggressively enough. (I am used to taking pretty long, lazy hits from a carto and that just doesn't get it done on this atty.)

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
I love the hh357s and if I had to go back to 306 I think I would cry they are so000000000000 good! It will be my one year vaping anniversary on 12/16 and I have no doubt that using the REO for 10 of those months, along with the hh357 for the past 4 months, have sealed and secured my quit and vaping joy! BTW, my first hh357 is the one that hit the 4 month mark! How great is that?!

After a year of vaping, I've learned that it's par for the course that as attys go, you may get a dud now and again. My second hh357 was a dud, but an email to Avidvaper put me into contact with hh357 maker Hanna, and a week later, it was performing again
smilie011.gif

EDIT: I have since purchased 4 more, and tested them immediately after receipt! All are good to go! :D

As far as the puffs go, I find that whether I take a short puff or a long puff, I get tons of flavor and vapor -- It's only when the atty gets too hot that I notice a decline -- at which point I have to rein in my enthusiastic vaping for a bit
4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_571.jpg

I hope Santa is good to all of you and puts one in your Christmas stocking!
christmas_smiley.gif

Blinkie_Holidays.gif

2a4umf.gif

EDIT 2: I have HH357s that fit on one REO Grand but not on the other (?) Has this happened with you Tim?

EDIT 3: The above makes me happy to own 2 Grands :laugh:

Last edited:

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Tim, I am anxious for a report on the 3ohm at 6v! I bought a 6v setup months ago with the desire to try it, but because of insufficient funds and a mixup at madvapes ( they sent me a 1.5 instead of 3ohm 306) I still have yet to try 6v. On the other hand I cant seem to waste any more money on atties that aren't a 357 :D I was going to try and make a rebuildable atty with one of my 357's connectors, but I got lazy as I do not get many days off. Might give it a try tomorrow. I would try and explain schematic but I am not even sure I understand it :lol: We'll see how it goes, I just hope I dont waste an atty in vain, but I already got 1+ months out of it, so what the hey.

Last edited:

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
I won't get an HH357 because I don't want to like it so much I stop using my boge lr's or 306 attys. I'd rather be ignorant lol. Too expensive of an atty for me at this point. Not to mention, if you find your other attys/cartos inferior, how satisfying would vaping be if the 357 breaks and they are out of stock, <insert dilemma here>?

>_<

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I won't get an HH357 because I don't want to like it so much I stop using my boge lr's or 306 attys. I'd rather be ignorant lol. Too expensive of an atty for me at this point. Not to mention, if you find your other attys/cartos inferior, how satisfying would vaping be if the 357 breaks and they are out of stock, <insert dilemma here>?

>_<

Thats why you have to stock up .... for when Avid is out of stock :D

After spending thousands on vaping I'm sure not going to let 25 bucks stop me from finding something this much better :)

People keep saying too expensive .....
I don't know what you people were smoking before vaping came along .....
25 bucks was less than 3 days of cigs for me ..... how the heck can that be too expensive ??

Last edited:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds

>_<

Hello again Ryan, you html genius you!
christmas_smiley.gif

I hear ya -- I remember back in July and August when the HH357 was all a buzz! Back then I have to admit I thought the price was crazy too
4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_577.jpg

But I took the plunge just to try it out and
smileyWOW.png
am I ever glad I did because they blew me away and they ruined the other atties for me (LR 510s and 306s) in the same way that the REO ruined e-cigs for me ;)

I look at it this way - say you buy an HH357 at $21.99 (let's not add tax and shipping).

Now, let's say it lasts you 2 months -- That's about $11 per month
Now, let's say it lasts you 3 months -- That about $7.33 per month
Now, let's say it lasts you 4 months -- That's about $5.50 per month

(I have read reports of these atties lasting up to 8 months!)

I used to spend $11 to $12 a day on cigarettes in my city -- so when I look at it that way it helps me justify my expense.
I am very fortunate that my first HH357 is going strong after 4 months of use! (your mileage may vary).

And remember, these are hand-made, so it's basically a customized atomizer. As we know, mods cost more, but deliver more and so at the end of the day, they are worth it!

The way I see it, all vapers owe it to themselves to experience vaping with one of these. So treat yourself one day, or put it on your Xmas wishlist, or ask for it for your birthday -- you quit smoking and darn it, you are worth it!
cheers.gif

Blinkie_Holidays.gif

PS: I don't ever want to have the dilemma of being without my HH357, so like with all my vaping stuff -- backups are KEY!
smiley008.gif

DISCLAIMER: While I love love LOVE the HH357 and believe it to be an amazing atomizer, it is an atomizer nonetheless, and subject to some of the issues other atomizers of equal or lesser value share, such as variable longevity. As someone who received an HH357 that did not perform as expected, I highly recommend that anyone who experiences an issue with their HH357 contact Avidvaper right away... they were very good about contacting Hanna Hadawar, the maker of the HH357, and Hanna in turn was very good about contacting me via email to assist in troubleshooting and finally in repairing the unit.
smilie011.gif

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
you just might persuade me yet, delilah lol. I'm always one to hold out on getting things until it's been out a while and I see tests concerning reliability. what kind of drip tips can be used on these? i've got 510s, and cannons and avidvaper drip shields for the 306s. any of those work?

I hope I have persuaded you Ryan.... I just want to share the love ;)
All of your 510 drip tips will work great. I am not familiar with cannons but if they fit a 510, you're good to go. Since the 357 is covered with a 510 shell, I don't think you can use the 306 drip shields (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread