1.6% nicotine per ml equals howmuch perpuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A recent study by Etter showed ecigs do work, we end up with nicotine levels similar to smokers.

As OT said, let your body tell you when to vape. Typically a full strength cig smoker will need a 24 mg/ml eliquid. Likewise a typical lights smoker would use a 16mg/ml.

For chain-vaping, like sitting at a computer, it is common to step down one level in nicotine.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
If you can measure out 1ml of liquid, either drip it or put it in a tank (if you own one) and then count the puffs it takes to finish off the mil, then divide the amount of the nic concentrate by the number of puffs you take.

So you take ~ 200 (YMMV) puffs per mil, 16/200 = 0.05 mg per puff. However, this may or may not be the amount of nicotine that's actually being taken into your body and it is only a very rough estimate on how much nic is in each puff.

Edit: I just noticed you're using carts. I don't know how much liquid the carts you're using hold, but I'm going to guess that it's far less than 1mil of liquid. There's not enough info to try to make a guess, sorry.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What a Terrible Jumbled Mess of Units.

JSWC…

mg = Milligram which is a measure of weight.

ml = Milliliter which is a measure of Volume

% = is the Ratio (Quotient) of Two Items with the Same units Multiplied by 100

So you could express an e-Liquids Nicotine Strength as a Percentage of Nicotine to Milliliters, assuming that the Nicotine was in Liquid form, but it would be somewhat awkward.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Nicotine level of the OP’s Cartridges was 16mg/ml in that this is a common Ratio sold be Vendors. But I’m just guessing.

If it is 16mg/ml and we assume 20 Drops per Milliliter and 3 Hits per Drop then One Hit would be roughly equal to 16mg / (20 x 3) = .2667 mg/hit

No how much of this Nicotine is Actually being absorbed?

Well that has been debated Many Times. From what I read I think an absorption amount of 10%~25% seem reasonable.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
1.6% is 16mg of nicotine per ml of liquid

BTW - This comes from the Purest form of Nicotine is about 1000mg/ml

So 1.6% Nicotine in a e-Liquid Solution would be .016 x 1000mg/ml = 16mg/ml

I know that dormouse knows this. I just used her quote because it was easier than making a new post.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Her quote (I am female)

BTW if your cartridge pushes onto an atomizer then it is probably about 1/2 ml (since you can't fill a cartridge totally without causing it to dump its liquid in your mouth, it may be less, especially if it's a prefill)

If your cartridge is actually not a cartridge and is a cartomizer (holds juice and screws right onto the battery) then those prefilled ones usually hold about 1ml though prefills will probably not be filled with that much.

And it does not really matter. Nicotine is absorbed differently from ecigs (they say less) but ecigs are missing the other addictive things in cigarettes. The idea is to feel satisfied and get a satisfying amount of flavor, throat hit, vapor, and not overuse it to the point where you get over-nicced symptoms of headache, rapid or irregular heartbeat, hazy ill feeling.

love12

Moved On
Dec 6, 2011
cork
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved on

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Haha. I actually don't know the gender of the Dormouse movie character I photoshopped so that could be confusing too.

And BTW 16mg is a nice medium/high value that I think hit-wise is comparable to lights cigarettes. That's where I started at 15-18mg. Later I worked my way lower.

Also - if you are using cartridges on an atomizer - most decent models have threadings you can find cartomizers for. Cartomizers have limited lives but provide more consistent and troublefree vaping and hold at least twice as much as most cartridges. I can get 7-10 days use out of a cartomizer by keeping it damp.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Just to add that cigarettes have around 10mg of nicotine in them but you only get around 1mg after absorption. That's why the packs say they're 1mg or so of nicotine in them, but it's really 10x the amount because you only absorb a tenth. Ecigs are the same in that you don't absorb all of the nicotine in the liquid.

How do you know how much nicotine you're getting? Listen to your body like you did when (if) you smoked. If you feel you've had too much by feeling dizzy, nausious or anything or if you still have craving for cigs you might need more nicotine.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html check this thread out if you have concerns about health while you're getting into vaping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread