Did you gained weight with the e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
I know my concerns should sound superficial, but I was wondering if those who completely stopped the real cigarettes gained weight with the e-cig?

I heard 2/3 of people gained around 2 to 4 kilos when quiting cigarettes. And women gain more than men. They say soming a cigarette burn around 250calories for 20smoke a day. It is because of the nicotine. I was wondering if you still smoke e-cig with nicotine you still gain weight?
Actually, are you craving sometimes for food to compliment the smOking?

I know a couples of kilos is nothing compare to the disaster on your health it causes, but I am a woman and doesnt want to gain weight and wanted to prepared me mentally(and physicaly).

Thanks for your answers!

Lishah2000

Nov 30, 2011
Florida
I have and it's only been 2 1/2 weeks. Just craving all sorts of foods that are not so good for me and that I normally wouldn't eat. That and the fancy coffee drinks I've been rewarding myself with. Don't know how much I've gained, but I can tell I have.

Going to start walking. I know how to lose weight, so I'm not too worried about it. Staying away from smoking was more important. That I've never been able to do until now.

Bambie

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Mtl, Canada
Good thanks for your advice!
It's only my second day with the e-cig, I smoked only 5 real cigarettes yesterday instead of 12 and vape a little bit! But usually with the real cigarettes when I am hungry or want to eat chips or candy I smoke a cigarettes usually and I am satisfied! I go to the gym 3 times a week and do intense sport but it is so hard to completely quit.
But the biggest matter is to quit the cigarette.
I love my volt kit, the only thing is it makes my mouth so dry. I know I have to drink a lot of water, but I am still a little bit stress about smoking the e-cig since I still don't know everything about it!
Will continue to read this forum and hopefully will quit completely.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
At first I did not gain weight. 2 years later and I most definitely gained quite a few extra pounds. Walking alone did not help.
I have dropped 16 lbs in 5 ½ weeks by cutting out all carbs and all foods that have natural sugars in them. Thanks to the South Beach Diet. Not sure why they call it a diet though, as it really is a way of eating. I eat as much as I want and snack, too. Steak, fish, fresh homemade salsa, egg custards w/cocoa for deserts and lots more. Just cut out the items made with flour and all sugars. I have only ever put sugar in one item and that is my coffee. I now use SweetLeaf in my coffee, took me a couple days to accept this one change. I am completely fine with it now.
With this style of eating you get to reintroduce the carbs/sugars back, just in moderate amounts. I have stayed on phase 1 since it is working so well to remove the weight.
I always considered myself a health conscious person when it came to eating-I obviously had no clue. For now I am not eating my fav vegetables-peas and carrots nor flour made items and very little other carbs and as little sugar filled fruits and veggies. I never thought about the naturally occurring sugars.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Wow congratulation to both of you!
HZG8rGrl: 16 pounds in 5 weeks that's enormous! It is true that cutting all carbs is the best way to loose weight! And it is better for health! Continue like this!

According to our Doctor it is a great way to drop weight, as long as you reintroduce them (carbs) in much smaller servings after the initial weight loss. I'm late on getting dinner on the table. Grilled chicken, cabbage and a salad with oil/vinegar!

madsen6466

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
tennessee
I'm only a couple weeks in, I've actually lost a few pounds. Not smoking has enabled me to breathe a little more and I have less permafunk in my sinuses, enabling me to run - I think also being able to vape more places than I could smoke is keeping my hands busier and out of the snacks. I have to be really careful with my metabolism and I think weight gain for me is an idle hands issue. my 2 cents.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I'm not a snacker but it could have been partly related to metabolism, nor do I eat sweets. Truthfully, get off the heavy carbs-breads/pasta/flour and potatoes, you will see an amazing difference.
This new way of eating has truly shown itself as the right way to eat. I even have to remind myself to eat the snack between meals and can indulge in a custard dessert!
The chemicals in cigarettes help to keep you from eating. It is the nature of the beast to eat and store fat for hard times-the body will do it whether you want it to or not. You have to step in and take control of your eating habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread