Vape/Analog Friendly Airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camels2eGo

Jun 22, 2011
Virginia, U.S.
LAX, SFO, and HNL all make you go outside main terminal and go back through TSA. IAD the rooms are at the ends of what ever concourse your at. The smoking rooms at IAD are really bad they have years of build up from smokers. If you want to see how your lungs use to look like take a look. I did not see or find one at MCO but i just vaped in the mens room with no problems to speak of. Also, ATL you have to go to i think t.g.i. fridays upstairs and either pay for a drink at the bar or go to the smoking room at the back of the bar which has no windows but lots of air flow.

Last edited:

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
LAX, SFO, and HNL all make you go outside main terminal and go back through TSA. IAD the rooms are at the ends of what ever concourse your at. The smoking rooms at IAD are really bad they have years of build up from smokers. If you want to see how your lungs use to look like take a look. I did not see or find one at MCO but i just vaped in the mens room with no problems to speak of. Also, ATL you have to go to i think t.g.i. fridays upstairs and either pay for a drink at the bar or go to the smoking room at the back of the bar which has no windows but lots of air flow.

I found a smoking room in ATL (Atlanta) Terminal B across from the Delta Sky Lounge. I was suprised it still existed.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
All airport toilets: Can vape just like you smoked in highschool! :) hehe

No seriously... even in Shanghai earlier this year, I preferred to go to the bathroom and have a quick vape rather than go ALLLL THE WAY down the other end of the terminal into a disgusting, smoke filled room with the smokers. Since there is barely any frgrance, and you can almost blow plumes of vapour from one of the cubicles.. who's gonna know? No one of course. Also with the knowledge that I can vape on the plane, yes in the toilet too for those airlines that have banned it, I don't feel a very urgent need to vape through 10ml of juice before getting on the flight. :)

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
anchorage,ak ..2 designated areas outside ,,
taipei,several outside enclosed areas,,not exactly waterproof
manila philippines,,the tinderbox..expected to at least buy something to drink or eat

You sure about Taipei? Chiang Kai-Shek the main International was rebuilt a few years ago and when I was there 3 years ago it had smoking rooms inside. Now its been 15 years but Songshan which is almost down town for domestic flights may be outdoors?

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
Well, my question about Newark was answered, and I know that Continental has a no smoke/no vape policy, but what I've really been wondering about is the bathrooms on airplanes (one poster mentioned it but didn't elaborate) If I was to pop in and take just a couple of hits (like I do at work-shh!) would I be okay? Newark to Seattle leg is the longest of my upcoming trip, but no longer than my average work day so I know just a couple hits now and then will get me by.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
but what I've really been wondering about is the bathrooms on airplanes (one poster mentioned it but didn't elaborate) If I was to pop in and take just a couple of hits (like I do at work-shh!) would I be okay?

Just don't blow your vapor toward the smoke detector and you should be fine, I haven't done this myself but have heard of others doing so. Setting one of those off would be a very bad thing to do, the fines are astronomical

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Three things: If you can get a window seat you can turn toward the window and vape discreetly
If they have beverage service order coffee or hot tea, take a drag and pretendyou are blowing on the beverage
to cool it
If all else fails take a small drag and just hold your breath for about 5 seconds. Nothing to exhale then.

Just don't blow your vapor toward the smoke detector and you should be fine, I haven't done this myself but have heard of others doing so. Setting one of those off would be a very bad thing to do, the fines are astronomical

I don't get this... how can water vapor set off a smoke alarm? Honestly, you should have no worries about setting off smoke alarms with e-cigs. I've blown vapor into smoke detectors many times and have vaped in airplane bathrooms many times, blowing the smoke out as I did with cigarettes. No problems here.

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
denver airport...interesting. did ask TSA about vaping inside, and she did say there was a memo or something mentioned, but she didn't get a reply and said she doesn't see why not. But I didn't wind up doing any vaping inside since we were trying to get to our baggage. Once there...I needed to be outside...too many people and needed some space.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
Adding another airport for the list:

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is totally vape friendly. Flew out Sunday morning and asked the TSA guys if any of the smoking terraces were beyond security, and there aren't. So I asked about using an e-cig in the terminal and they were like "sure you can use them anywhere here." I spent the hour before my flight boarded vapin clouds at gate 39.

Sea Wolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
South Atlantic Ocean Coast
CPT (Cape Town, South Africa) Smoking lounge/bar downstairs in departure hall.
WDH (Windhoek, Namibia) Large smoking area in departure hall.
LAD (Luanda, Angola) Smoking room upstairs in departure area, behind restaurant.
SDD (Lubango, Angola) Informal smoking area between bar and toilets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread