How long to charge a new 1000mAh Joye Ego-T passthrough battery on usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thanks for your reply! I can't recall if I think they have a memory or not..... :p har har This is a Joye branded product, but has no light indicator, go figure. So I will just leave it on for 6 hours, and see how that does.

No red/green indicator LED on your charger? All Joye chargers have one.

Rick

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
usb%20battery.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Mine has a charger lights as shown but it never comes on whether it's charging or not. Also, does it have to be turned "on" to charge it?

I don't think the passthroughs have the 5 click shut off. Take it off the usb, use it a bit, then put it back on and you should see the charging led light up, if not, then either the led is dead or perhaps you have a loose connection. When it's constantly plugged in, it takes a bit of vaping for it to come off full charge and start charging.

Tona Aspsusa

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Finland
Hi, I also just got myself a nice 900 mAh pass-through battery, so this thread was exactly what I was looking for.

But I have a few additional questions:

Firstly a "duh!, of course!", but I want to make sure:
I can charge my pass through 900mAh on my threaded charger, just like a charge my other batteries (650mAh, 280mAh, 180mAh), right?

But then something more technical:
I happen to have a cellphone (Moto Defy) that also charges through an USB cable. So I've been wondering whether I could use my moto mains-adapter:

1. With my USB pass-through cable (almost identical to my phone cable, just mini-USB instead of micro-USB)
2. With my threaded charger

The output specs of the wall plugs are a little bit different:

phone: 5.1 Volts, 850 mA
e-cig: 5 Volts, 500 mA
(the very short threaded charger: 5Volts, 420 mA)

Might the 900mAh pass-through battery get cranky when offered more current?
(If it was only a pass-through without a battery I'm guessing it would just vape a little hotter - or maybe a lot hotter?)

I'm guessing the minor difference between 5 V and 5.1 V wouldn't matter much, but could the batteries take the higher current? Could the threaded charger? (And does it actually modulate the 500mA of the plug down to 420mA, or is it just that it itself has whatever resistance is needed to make up the difference? (Sorry, it's been 25 years since I learnt this in school, I only remember enough to be able to follow the reasoning, not enough to whip the formulas out of my memory and calculate it - except for plain V times A equals watt (mind your units!), I've totally forgot how the formula(s) with resistance work :p)

Help? I'm trying to read through what wikipedia says about USB-charging standards, but so far I'm not sure I'll even understand it (or have enough data about the batteries to be able to make use of it - all my batteries are plain and not branded, the 900mAh passthrough is from LibertyFlights).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread